art site updated, again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
your site always takes so long to load on my computer. i only have dial up, so i end up seeing the same paintings in the beginning before i finally give up :reject:

i like your artwork though :up:

ABEL said:
your site always takes so long to load on my computer. i only have dial up, so i end up seeing the same paintings in the beginning before i finally give up :reject:

i like your artwork though :up:

I know. It takes awhile on my cable connection. I had dial-up until August of 2003, and sometimes I wonder how in the hell I put up with that :censored: when I was doing my first history site, I'd have to wait to load up about six pages every time I put new links in it.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I'm trying to come up with an idea for a new one.........damn, I'm stuck right now. Maybe I should get drunk.
j/k!!! :wink:

Question about art -

Do you consider abstract art to be art?

(hope I didn't murder your thread...)

Macfistowannabe said:
Question about art -

Do you consider abstract art to be art?

(hope I didn't murder your thread...)

Of course I do, mine is mostly abstract! All Middle Eastern art is abstract because they're not allowed to do figures. I absolutely suck as a figure drawer. I started with abstract, my first influence was '60's psychedelia, and later on I got into Delacroix, van Gogh, and more recently Middle Eastern styles and more recently Chagall, who was sort of a Cubist but I like the folksy quality of his early work, which was influenced by the small town in Russia he was born and raised in. Today I did a sketch of a painting that is going to be dedicated to the Pope, an abstract interpretation of Santa Maria Maggiore, a church in Rome.

Hey, a big shot bought my adaptation of Chagall's "Rain"!! It's the big shots at Energen, the Alabama Gas Company, who gave my studio a great big donation, and then they were given a show and twenty pictures were chosen for the thing, and the director wanted them to pick one picture and buy it. They chose that one! I'm still in shock. I stopped at the store on the way home and got a six-pack, I'm partying for sure! I'm drinking beer and listening to HTDAAB!

Back
Top Bottom