Arrivederci

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to the South-Koreans!!!! :) :) :)

If I have to believe the Dutch press then I think their coach (Hiddink) will be announced as an official saint shortly after the World Cup. A Korean hotel has already announced that Hiddink will get free beer for the rest of his life (when South Korea reached the second round), I wonder/hope if everybody in the Netherlands will now get free beer :D

Yay for South-Korea!

Marty

Now if he can just teach Korea to hit their penalty kicks, they'll be unstoppable. :) Good thing they won in overtime--they might be the one team on Earth that's worse at penalties than Italy.

speedracer said:
Now if he can just teach Korea to hit their penalty kicks, they'll be unstoppable. :)

He can't. He's Dutch! ;)

Good thing they won in overtime--they might be the one team on Earth that's worse at penalties than Italy.

Don't forget the Dutch team. In the Euro2000 semi-finals we lost to Italy at penalties (and IIRC we already missed 2 during the game itself). At the World Cup in 1998 (in France) we also lost to Brazil in the semi-finals after penalties.

Yes, it's a national trauma...

C ya!

Marty

Yes!!! We won!!

it's incredible thing!!!
wow!!!!

Dae~han Min Gook!! (our fight song!!!!)

Yes!!! Red waves will continue on the third round!!!

(sorry ..poor english
i'm so excitement!!! I can not think up grammar!! )

Korea team fighting!!!!!

The Koreans play shooutouts week in week out. The Korean league has banned draws apparently to promote attacking football. I think one team (Pusan I think) managed to win 13 shootouts in a row. So most of the players would have been well prepared for a shootout.

Back
Top Bottom