Arrested Development - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Latest news from Watch With Kristin on E!
Unless you're living inside the walls like Anyoung, you've probably heard Fox has trimmed the show's episode order to 13, and cancellation appears imminent. However, good news also broke this week. ABC and Showtime are interested in picking up the show. Hallefreakinglujah.

Even better news? A friend at Fox studio tells me, "It's not going away. If it doesn't stay on Fox, it will go somewhere else." We shall see...and pray.

Jason Bateman said he's not sure of the chances of a move to another network, but he added, "We're really proud of having done what we've done, and it's kind of nice that if this is the end, that it feels like it lasted kinda the perfect amount of time. Having said that, if it continues to go, I don't think any group of people would be happier."

Added Arnett: "It's such a weird position that we're in, because there's been so much talk about us ending since the day we started. So, it's very bittersweet. Let me put it that way. It's good to finally know, kinda, what your fate is. But it sucks that America didn't respond to our show and sort of carry us down the streets and, you know, throw ticker tape. Do they do that? Confetti?"

At the very least, they could've ponied up a few Globes noms for the show on Tuesday morning. Arrested Development was completely shut out, as was Jason Bateman, a fact I was in such denial over I actually thought I heard his name and announced he'd been nominated on live TV. (If I say it, can it be true?)

I visited the Arrested set while Jason's sister Justine was on set filming her episode. I'll bring you more on that closer to the airdate, Jan. 9.

AD-cast.gif

Annnd here's a super special bonus! It's a megamix including snippets of songs and sound bytes from AD to the backing of The Final Countdown :drool:
http://s30.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HV9RLQAG58QQ3DK92LE44PVJO

Last edited:
Reposting since the other thread reached its max :shifty:

Steve Holt and THe Final Countdown! I forgot how much I missed that song. I think that was the first appearance it's made this season.

Boyfights
Boyfights 2
Boyfights Cookout
Backseat Boyfights
Luchas De Muchachos!

"It's Booster!"

I Stole / He Stole

Banana Shack:
A frozen banana won't make you sick and kill you!

The Banana Shack strippers Barbara and Dee :lol:

J. Walter Weatherman!!!

Lucille's post op face!

Oh man, and the way the lesson completely screwed up and then redeemed itself with the twists :lmao:

:heart: I love this show :heart:

Hahah, I love that mp3. So many good memories.

Favorite Tobias quote: "Don't leave your Uncle T-bag hanging!"

And that's why you don't use one armed people to teach lessons. :lmao:

I watched it with my friend and a newbie to the show so every 30 seconds he was like, "What the HELL?"
I don't think he'll tune in, but he found Lucille's surgery face to be HiL-A-RiouS!

Next time on Arrested Development:

We should start production on Gangy 2.

I hear that she wanted a skin peel.

:lmao:

button.jpg

• Buster: Read the button, Mister!

Michael: (Slowly.) “The only scary thing about a one-arm man trying to scare someone is the fact...”

Buster: “...that he feels that his one arm is good for nothing but trying to scare somebody.”

Michael: It’s upside down.

I just rented some of the 1st season episodes and I think I'm in love :love:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I just rented some of the 1st season episodes and I think I'm in love :love:

Season 1 is the best :drool:

medmo said:
Am I the only one who's glad Tobias is getting back to "normal"?

The whole wheelchair/disease thing was funny in parts, but I missed the old Tobias.

I was glad too, but I actually just found out that the episode that airred on Monday was filmed before Prison Break-In; FOX switched the episode order. Tobias was sporting the bandage on his head because of his hair catching on fire. In all likelyhood, Tobias might still be sporting the hairplugs and appear sick on the next new episode :hmm:

Tobias is my favorite

especially when he dressed as a pirate and ended up on the gay boat in The Pilot

I was laughing so hard :lol:

Queen Bee said:

I was glad too, but I actually just found out that the episode that airred on Monday was filmed before Prison Break-In; FOX switched the episode order. Tobias was sporting the bandage on his head because of his hair catching on fire. In all likelyhood, Tobias might still be sporting the hairplugs and appear sick on the next new episode :hmm:

I see. My feelings about it are, if the show is really coming to an end, which it may or may not be, I'd rather see Tobias in all his idiotic glory instead of sitting in a wheelchair with a line here and there. The funny thing is that I didn't care for David Cross before this show, and now I'm bitching about them not using him enough.

medmo said:
I see. My feelings about it are, if the show is really coming to an end, which it may or may not be, I'd rather see Tobias in all his idiotic glory instead of sitting in a wheelchair with a line here and there. The funny thing is that I didn't care for David Cross before this show, and now I'm bitching about them not using him enough.

I agree :up:

I don't mind black humor too much, but the path the writers have been taking with his character has been far too morbid. The footage at the GVH dinner of blood gushing out of his head... :barf:

Queen Bee said:

They did that once last year too. I dont get why thay do it. Show the episodes in the order they are intended to be in.

thetitans2k said:

They did that once last year too. I dont get why thay do it. Show the episodes in the order they are intended to be in.

I can see it happening with a show like Family Guy, with little to no continuity

but AD has to have that continuity to be funny, going as far as having little "on the next Arrested Development" snippets that aren't even in the next show

Back
Top Bottom