Arrested Development - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3x10_01.jpg

"Well, Buster’s in what we call a light to no coma. In layman’s term, it might be considered a very heavy nap."

3x10_02.jpg

George Bush doesn't care about black puppets :lol:

3x10_03.jpg

3x10_04.jpg

3x10_05.jpg

"Now will you please turn on the Cartoon Network and get the hell out of here?"

3x10_06.jpg

3x11_00.jpg

Oh, GOB.

3x11_01.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger's face on the marriage certificate :lol:

3x11_02.jpg

3x11_03.jpg

3x11_04.jpg

"We’re gonna have some ground rules first, okay? No [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] or [bleep]. And no [bleep] unless you’re wearing a [bleep] or you [bleep] [bleep]. If this winds up on the Web, I will [bleep] you in the [bleep]."

3x11_05.jpg

3x11_06.jpg

3x11_07.jpg

Last edited:
3x12_01.jpg

3x12_02.jpg

3x12_03.jpg

3x12_04.jpg

3x12_05.jpg

Call back to Alias with the location insert :lol:

3x12_06.jpg

"Burn Bush!"

3x12_07.jpg

"I do a better Saddam than this guy. My Saddam would show his teeth."

3x12_08.jpg

"You’ve got the wrong guy. The real Saddam has a scar on his head. I’m no scar. I’m No scar.

...Dot com."

one of my friends saw the finale and loved it

now I have to convince him to watch the DVDs to see where the jokes came from

especially Nellie's "no (bleep)-ing or (bleep)" bit :lol:

Aaaaaaaah, I got all 4 episodes, the guilt is gone now, I can finally watch the finale.:wink:

That was sure a funny finale. Im really glad they ended it that well. I dont think another network could pick it up even if they wanted to just because they kind of ended the whole show.

The whole Bluth
The stars of Arrested Development take a fond look back

By Laura Gilbert

FAMILY PORTRAIT The Bluths leave the air and enter the gallery of TV greats.

For fans of the critically acclaimed, bizarrely dysfunctional Bluth family, this is a bittersweet week. The good? Four back-to-back episodes of Arrested Development are on tap. The bad? No more are on the way—at least, not unless a cable network rides to the rescue. On Friday 10, Fox will dump, er, air the series's final installment as token opposition to the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies on NBC.… To mark the sad occasion, we asked cast members to discuss their favorite episodes of the Emmy-winning sitcom and reveal what's next for them.

Jessica Walter (Lucille, the booze-infused matriarch)
"Prison Break-Izn"
(Season three, first aired 12/12/05)
Lucille and the prison warden begin an affair to punish hubby George, while Tobias's body rejects his hair transplants.
"Just having a love interest [guest star James Lipton] was fun, and the chlamydia run—we were surprised that got on. There were some very dirty things that got through. I remember one during the second year where Oscar is trying to figure out how to slip me marijuana and says, 'Why don't I just stick it in her brownie?' Horrible!"

"SOBs"
(Season three, first aired 1/2/06)
GOB accidentally gets a job and George-Michael goes to a New Age school without grades.
"'SOBs'—Save Our Bluths—was a wonderful episode about us being almost cancelled, or maybe cancelled—we still haven't officially been cancelled, so we can't do anything for pilot season. It's hard to pick favorite episodes because each one has such wonderful writing. I don't think we've ever had a loser."
What now? "I'm in the shop for repairs, doing everything I couldn't while we were filming. I just got my rotator cuff operated on and a tooth implant, too."

Michael Cera (The fragile, cousin-obsessed George-Michael)
"Motherboy XXX"
(Season two, first aired 3/13/05)
Embarrassed by Buster's handicap, Lucille kidnaps George-Michael to accompany her to the annual mother-and-son costume gala.
"Jason [Bateman] got his head smashed by a door in a scene where he and Buster are sneaking into a room. He really got hurt, but they left it in. When you watch the episode, you can hear it and see his head snap back. I had to wear clip-on earrings for the gypsy costume. That was humiliating. I was in pain. I cried."
What now? "Begging for change. But I won't beg for food—that's low."

Tony Hale (Buster, the one-handed mama's boy)
"Hand to God"
(Season two, first aired 3/6/05)
Michael's former fling (Julia Louis-Dreyfuss) appears to be pregnant with his child, while Buster's hand is bitten off by a loose seal.
"I love it when I finally realize I don't have a hand and destroy the living room. The characters on the show are so whacked-out that we all just channel our neuroses into it and are pretty sedate in our real lives. We really just cook and clean."
What now? "[My wife and I] are having our first baby in March, so just getting the house ready and trying to pay the mortgage."

David Cross (Tobias Fünke, Lindsay's fey "analrapist" husband)
"Spring Breakout"
(Season two, first aired 4/10/05)
Concerned about Lucille's drinking, the family checks her into rehab by telling her it's a spa, then sneaks her out for a drinking contest with George's ex-mistress.
"I like any show that doesn't have me in blue paint or 50 pounds of prosthetics, which rules out about 75 percent of the episodes. But the most fun I ever had was when we were shooting a flashback to a previous intervention for Jessica where we'd all just gotten drunk. We'd been shooting for ten hours and were tired and giggly, and they just let the cameras go. Tony is playing this weird dirge on the piano and I'm dancing with all my clothes off except for my jeans, and Jason and Will [Arnett] are on the table with Franklin the puppet, and Will and Jason are laughing for real. Will was laughing so hard he was crying. It's only two seconds long, but it was the single most fun shoot."
What Now: "I'm going to China, starting cooking classes and taking foreign-language classes. Then just trying to find a bar or performance space to buy and enjoying being a rich, single guy in New York.

Queen Bee said:

Was the funniest show on TV :sad:

I hope the season 3 DVD is jam packed with extras. I'd kill to see a music video to The Final Countdown starring GOB :drool:

hahaha, I need to rip some episodes of the show and use my Moviemaker program and I could make a GOB video, but that would take time :barf:

Queen Bee said:

Doooo it! :hyper:

It'd definitely be worth your time :yes:

yes it would, I'll try as soon as I have free time

for GOB doing the chicken dance I know that

Amigos
and Ready, Aim, Marry Me! are good to use

any suggestions for other Chicken Dance moments or GOB doing his show theatrics?

LemonMacPhisto said:

yes it would, I'll try as soon as I have free time

for GOB doing the chicken dance I know that

Amigos
and Ready, Aim, Marry Me! are good to use

any suggestions for other Chicken Dance moments or GOB doing his show theatrics?

I've got you covered, buddy.

Chicken Dance:
  • Amigos
  • Switch Hitter
  • Burning Love
  • Ready, Aim, Marry Me (+ Lindsay)
  • The Immaculate Election
  • For British Eyes Only (+ Lucille, George Sr, and Lindsay)

The Final Countdown:
  • Storming the Castle
  • Missing Kitty
  • The One Where Michael Leaves
  • Good Grief
  • Sword of Destiny
  • Exit Strategy

I highly suggest uploading the finished product to Youtube :drool:

Edit: I can provide you video clips of the season 3 chicken dances/FC moments since I've got the whole season handy.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

I've got you covered, buddy.

Chicken Dance:
  • Amigos
  • Switch Hitter
  • Burning Love
  • Ready, Aim, Marry Me (+ Lindsay)
  • The Immaculate Election
  • For British Eyes Only (+ Lucille, George Sr, and Lindsay)

The Final Countdown:
  • Storming the Castle
  • Missing Kitty
  • The One Where Michael Leaves
  • Good Grief
  • Sword of Destiny
  • Exit Strategy

I highly suggest uploading the finished product to Youtube :drool:

Edit: I can provide you video clips of the season 3 chicken dances/FC moments since I've got the whole season handy.

thank you :bow:

I'll upload to YouTube when it's completed and I'd really like some 3rd season episodes please :)

Haha, "Which Bluth Are You?" Quiz: http://www.quizilla.com/users/magicalGOB/quizzes/Arrested Development: Which Bluth Are You?

I'm Tobias

Let's not get our hopes up yet, buuuuut...

Kristin from E! Online:
Hey all --

I, too, have seen the report on betterthanfudge.com that Arrested has been picked up for 12 episodes.

My source (*Very reliable*) says:

"No deal yet. It's closer, but not done. The chances are now 50/50."

Yee!!!

So good news -- it looks like Arrested could be saved!

Go Bluths!

:hmm:

More rumors for the 2 people that still read this thread :happy:

http://www.betterthanfudge.com/?p=340

FACT: Arrested Development to my knowledge has NOT officially been cancelled by Fox.

FACT: I’ve heard the rumors like everyone else that certain parties involved in the show don’t want it to continue despite offers for it to on another channel.

FACT: A lead cast member has indicated to a friend of mine who is quite high up in the entertainment industry that the show has been picked up by Showtime for 12 episodes. I absolutely know this to be true.

thetitans2k said:
sounds like good news. They kind of ended the plot of the show though in the finale.

Yeah that's true, but the writers are smart enough to make new plotlines and stuff. I have no clue how, but they probably can

My friend's geometry teacher's husband works as a writer on Arrested and My Name is Earl, I forgot his name though :shrug:

Last edited:
More news! :happy:

Page Six from the NY Post:
WE HEAR . . .

February 28, 2006 -- THAT fans of "Arrested Development" can relax. Word is Showtime not only picked up the canceled Fox show but also ordered 26 more episodes . . (rest of article only available for subscribers)

Now it's just up to Mitch Hurwitz to accept or decline the offer, which should be official this summer. If he declines it, I honestly wouldn't be to bent out of shape about it. The finale was fantastic and nicely wrapped up the series - the Pilot reprise aspect was genius. Though, seeing Lucille in jail and the shenanigans associated with that would be fun to watch if the show continues :drool:

Back
Top Bottom