Arrested Development - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to thank got_edge for inspiring my new avatar :bow:

Also, word on the rumor mill is that Fox might air the remaining 4 episodes in May after 24's run is over. Why can't they give an official statement? I'm sick of all of this speculation :scream:

Is S.O.B.s going to be the last episode broadcast from Fox?

and were 13 episodes made this season, or 22?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Is S.O.B.s going to be the last episode broadcast from Fox?

and were 13 episodes made this season, or 22?

Maybe, maybe not. Fox isn't revealing any news :happy:

The season was going to have 22 episodes but it was cut to 13 sometime in November. I'm pretty sure they finished wrapping this season (13 filmed episodes).

Random!
  • George Michael: You better catch her, Dad.

Michael: That’s not gonna be easy. She’s an Olympic Silver.

[pause]

Just figured that one out.
And then they had that Special Olympics clip on the next episode! :lol:

I'm going to miss this show :sad:

Oh my god, that "last" episode sounds so funny.

the Judge Reinhold thing made me laugh out loud, only AD would do that :lol:

a show this brilliant with a massive cult fanbase will stay around some where (look at what happened to Firefly, Family Guy, Enterprise)

So for another discussion:
I love it when you can see the actors visibly crack up on camera.

Point them out to me!
The first one is in Season One where Buster is chasing a bird in the house and complaining to Lucille. I love it! :drool:
There's another one my friend pointed out but I didn't see it. When George Sr. is in the hospital and GOB is talking to the family in the hall. :shrug:

Gimme more. :drool:

Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
Point them out to me!

I know there's one in Ready, Aim, Marry Me at the end of the episode when Jason Batemen carries Martin Short. I *think* there's another one between Tony Hale and Will Arnett when they barge into Lucille 2's tent. The cast discussed them in the commentary track for the episode. I can't remember any other moments off the top of my head though.

Am I the only person that notices when a character's dialogue was dubbed into a scene post-filming? It can be rather obvious since the pitch of the actor's voice changes. There's one in particular that I notice the most: an actor's profile is shown on camera, a line is recited and there's no evidence of them speaking (jaw/mouth movement, whatever). I'd have to go back and watch an episode to find an example, but it's not too difficult... especially in season 2. Yes, I do pay a little too close attention to detail :nerd:

Queen Bee said:

Am I the only person that notices when a character's dialogue was dubbed into a scene post-filming? It can be rather obvious since the pitch of the actor's voice changes. There's one in particular that I notice the most: an actor's profile is shown on camera, a line is recited and there's no evidence of them speaking (jaw/mouth movement, whatever). I'd have to go back and watch an episode to find an example, but it's not too difficult... especially in season 2. Yes, I do pay a little too close attention to detail :nerd:

NO! It drives me CRAZY! That's the one thing I don't like about this show. They do dubbing like every 4 minutes. :mad: Maybe it's just the camera positioning that they think they can get away with it.
I'm a huge stickler for that. I notice it in movies all the time too.

TWINZ!

Two news bits!

1.) "Well today at the Mr. Show tribute here in SF somebody asked David [Cross] whether AD was being picked up by another company and he said 'No, I don't think that's gonna happen.'"

:(

But on a positive note:

2.)
adbook3oa.jpg

Amazon link

Queen Bee said:
Two news bits!

1.) "Well today at the Mr. Show tribute here in SF somebody asked David [Cross] whether AD was being picked up by another company and he said 'No, I don't think that's gonna happen.'"

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Monday, January 16, 2006
'Arrested' developments

TelevisionWeek (from which I also stole the headline) is reporting that both ABC and Showtime have offered the producers of "Arrested Development" deals to continue the series on their networks. And it's all above board because when Fox reduced this season's order from 22 to 13 episodes, "the reduction triggered a clause in the show's contract enabling producers to shop the series elsewhere," sayeth TVWeek. The producers are said to be "mulling both offers," a one-year deal from ABC and a two-year deal from Showtime, part of the CBS fambly.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2006/01/arrested_develo.html

EDIT: Will Arnett's hilarious appearance on Conan last Friday is available at YouTube.

Last edited:
Hooray for unconfirmed news!! :|

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=9204

• It is "highly unlikely" that the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development" will be back for another season on the network, Mr. Liguori said, adding that he had no knowledge of discussions that may put the show at either ABC or Showtime.

From another article:

• Liguori also answered several questions about Arrested Development, the critically acclaimed but ratings-starved comedy that is on its last legs on the network.

“I have to be frank with you, it is highly unlikely the show is coming back, but no definitive final answer has been made,” Liguori said.

While Liguori said moving the show to sister cable network FX is something they “have though about,” he insisted it wouldn't make economic sense. But he thinks the rumored move to Showtime (ABC is also said to be interested) could possibly work.While Liguori said moving the show to sister cable network FX is something they “have though about,” he also said a rumored move to Showtime (ABC is also said to be interested) “probably makes sense.”

“I know nothing about those negotiations,” he said.“From a numbers standpoint, if Showtime were able to migrate the absolute numbers Arrested gets on Fox to Showtime, that would be by far and away its No. 1 show.”

This article confirms ABC and Showtime are negotiating with Fox.

Then this from TVGuide:
  • Question: Do you have any information about Arrested Development? — Willie

Ausiello: The grapevine (and the current issue of Television Week) is telling me that Showtime recently sweetened the negotiations pot by offering to pick up Arrested for two — count 'em, two — seasons upfront. That's a lot better than the paltry 13-episode commitment ABC was prepared to make. Meanwhile, at press tour on Tuesday, Fox president Peter Liguori confirmed that it is "highly unlikely" that Arrested will live on at Fox (no, really?), although he said he's holding off on making a final decision until after the show's last four episodes air in February. "It is regrettable that we did not find the audience that that show deserved. But it's a [Twentieth] property, and if there is interest from other networks, it's the studio's right to put it up to bid."

And lastly, Kristin at E! Online reports...
  • Fox president Peter Liguori just told us at the Fox TCA that it is "highly unlikely Arrested is coming back. We have to look at our development, see how the last four episodes do."

It sounds like they are not planning on officially canceling the show anytime soon, which could effectively squash negotiations with ABC and Showtime for the time being.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

The last four episodes air Friday, Feb. 10 in a 2-hour block. My therapy begins Feb. 11.

So assuming that Kristin was given correct information for once, we're pretty much doomed... AD's ratings on the 10th will probably be the worst yet :happy:. If this show doesn't stand a chance to get picked up on either network, so be it. I've come to terms with this series finally ending. A pickup on another network would be great, but I'm feeling rather indifferent about it at this point.

So now that it seems that both ABC and Showtime are willing to pick it up, it looks like we have to worry about Mitch Hurwitz agreeing to continue it.

January 20, 2006
'ARRESTED' DECISION-MAKING?

Fans of Fox's "Arrested Development" who've been attempting to practice long-distance mind control with the Showtime execs who might pick up the show -- because, believe me, that ship has sailed at Fox -- might want to concentrate their telepathic powers on a different target.

That would be "AD" creator Mitch Hurwitz, who might just be the biggest obstacle to moving the show from broadcast to cable.

That, at least, is the sense we got yesterday from Showtime entertainment prez Robert Greenblatt, who had this to say about the premium-cable network's negotiations for the show:

"I think the show is only worth continuing if Mitch Hurwitz was at the helm running it. I think he's the genius behind it. And he hasn't yet come to that decision to continue the show. I think the last three years have been -- it's always difficult getting a new show off the ground. He's been through a lot of sort of emotional roller coaster over the last couple years. So he finished the eason for Fox, and he's in that period of, you know, thinking about whether he wants to continue the show.

"He and I had a great conversation before the holidays. He was happy to hear about our interest, but until he comes to that definitive decision, we're going to continue to see if there's a deal to be made."

Personally, I hope it works out for Hurwitz and Showtime. But if it does, I'm also hoping those "AD" fans who've been e-mailing me all these months about the show are prepared to put their money where their mouths are, because while Fox might not be able to pay the bills with a show that only draws 4 million viewers a week, Showtime could.

http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/ellengray/archives/002684.html

:bump:

Jason Bateman guest stars on Scrubs tonight!!!

Scrubs
NBC
Tues Jan 24 9:30pm ET / 8:30pm CT
Series/Comedy, 30 Mins.

"My Big Bird"
Dr. Kelso interrogates J.D., Turk, Carla and Elliot as he investigates a patient's unexplained death.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn, Jason Bateman.

Back
Top Bottom