Arrested Development - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's discuss AD!

Favorite guest star/recurring character?

Now, I'd normally answer this question with Annyong, but Warden Gentiles won me over with his appearance in Prison Break-In. While his stint on the show was short, was it ever one hell of a stint :love:

Let's take a brief look at his work, shall we?

First, though, major props to Boy Gentiles.
warden6.jpg

Boy Gentiles: I’ve given you one last present. Enjoy the chlamydia, Lucille. (Laughs.) Take this newly-diseased woman to the hole. (Laughs.)

warden1.jpg

Tobias: I have a letter of introduction here from Carl Weathers.
Narrator: Fortunately, the new warden was an appreciator of the arts.
Warden Gentiles: It would be an honor to have you research in this institution.
Tobias: (Quietly.) Oh, thank you.
Warden Gentiles: And, if I may, I have this script I’d love to get to Carl.

The warden hands Tobias a script, titled “New Warden”, “by Stefan Gentiles,” “copyright 2004 by Stefan Gentiles.”

Tobias: O... kay.
Warden Gentiles: The warden could easily be black.

Michael: Yeah, well, you could save me a lot of stress if you just turned yourself in.
George, Sr.: No, never. I can’t go back to the joint. No, I can not... go back there.
George, Sr.: It's a hellhole!
warden7.jpg

(Technically not featuring Warden Gentiles, but those inmate paintings! Sheer genius.)

warden5.jpg

Michael: Hi, I just, uh... Wow. What are you guys doing?
Warden Gentiles: It’s perfectly innocent. But I can see how, if our roles were reversed, I might have you beaten with a pillowcase full of batteries.

(That smile is the death of me, let me tell you.)

warden8.jpg

Warden Gentiles: I can’t say no to the woman who gave me chlamydia.

:combust:

Honorable mentions: Steve Holt, Kitty, and John Beard.

Oh, and to be balanced: Least favorite guest star/recurring character?

Hands down, Martin Short as Uncle Jack. Blaaaah, where to begin with him. He was incredibly over the top and slapsticky. I know RAMM is pretty much hit and miss with fans because of Short's role. I felt that his humor didn't really mesh well with the show. RAMM is the only episode I haven't watched more than three/four times.

Last edited:
Toss up between Warden Gentiles and John Beard. Aaaaaaaand, I saved a special spot in my :heart: for Phillip Litt and Steve Holt.

Least favorite guest star/recurring character?

Uncle Jack x a million and Martha and the PR

I kind of liked Uncle Jack.

"Dragon Launch me!!"

"I took down the army man!"

He was so rediculous it was funny.

It's a tie between Rita and Annyong.

The whole Mr. F thing was genius and I just loved all of the things they put her through: walking on water, the invisible locks, eating the plastic fruit, and my favorite: "I WANT TO HAVE SEXXXXXUAL RELATIONS". High comedy :up:

Annyong was just great, and I would laugh everytime they he'd repeat his name. Tying him into the real founder of the Banana Stand was genius and I pretty much spilled tea on myself when i saw it for the first time. Hello.

Honorable Mentions: J. Walter Weatherman, Warden Gentiles, and Barry Zuckerkorn
Least favorite guest star/recurring character?

Either Marta or Bob Loblaw. I didn't like the whole GOB-Michael-Marta love triangle plotline at all, and she didn't really add anything to the show.

The only funny thing about Bob Loblaw was his name, and the Bob Loblaw Law Blog, which is a mouthful. Other than that, I don't love Chachi.

Dishonorable Mentions: Maggie Lizer, Wayne Jarvis, Stan Sitwell

Favourite Guest Star/Recurring Character?

Franklin easily, but if puppets don't count then it's Dr Fishman with Barry Zuckercorn, Rav the Indian kid, The Surrogate and all of the "young" Michaels, GOBs, Lindseys & Busters. All gold! :up:

Least favourite, probably Mort as I can't think of one remotely funny thing involving him.

Queen Bee said:
AD had such a talented variety of guest stars. The good definitely outweighed the bad :up:

Of course!

http://s32.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SEH1BKALN22E2BVS0TZNLP3M4

:hug: thank you so much

I'm working on the GOB music video today and tomorrow too

I just got all of the 3rd season episodes so I'm in business :hyper:

yesss, it would be a week after my birfday and I'd have money to buy the DVDs :drool:

yesss, and Showtime has a deal w/ iTunes which means Arrested will probably end up being sold there. That's nothing short of awesome, just look what iTunes has done for the sales of The Office and Lost episodes.:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom