Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No spoken words

Blue Crack Supplier
Arrested Development - RIP

Tonight was the season finale of Arrested Development.

Sadly, it like was also the last EVER episode of Arrested Development, the show likely will not be renewed on FOX, and the cost of production is likely too high for a cable network.

Say goodbye to one of the funniest shows in recent years.

White Power Bill, while stabbing Gob in prison "WHITE POWER!!!"

Gob "I.....am.....white"

I had to throw my pants in the wash after last night's episode. I stopped eating because I was afraid I'd choke on my food.

Television just doesn't get much funnier than that.

I don't know if it's possible for an Emmy-winning (5, including best comedy ensemble cast, best writing, and best comedy SERIES) show to be cancelled the following season, but that would be a crying shame. Some executive will have a lynch mob after him.

keep your fingers crossed...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Um it's been picked up for another season...they even showed previews of the next season.:huh:

They did that for the first season too, before they knew they were picked up for the second season (this is mentioned on the DVD). So, unfortunately, that's really no indication that it's been picked up for a third season.

Somehow or another, AD has _got_ to stay on TV.

FOX will officially announce if the show will be renewed or not on Friday, May 20th.

Edited to add - Entertainment Tonight and E! News Live have reported that Arrested Development will be back for a third season. :hmm:

Last edited:
gorman said:

They did that for the first season too, before they knew they were picked up for the second season (this is mentioned on the DVD). So, unfortunately, that's really no indication that it's been picked up for a third season.

Somehow or another, AD has _got_ to stay on TV.

True, those were two separate statements. I saw the annoncement on E! that it was picked up and that's what I was basing this on.

Queen Bee said:
FOX will officially announce if the show will be renewed or not on Friday, May 20th.

Edited to add - Entertainment Tonight and E! News Live have reported that Arrested Development will be back for a third season. :hmm:

Ooh, really? Have you seen those articles online? I haven't been able to find 'em.

Yeah it was supposed to be cancelled, but now it appears like they're got a few more episodes in the making.

I love the show and think it's the best show since The mid-nineties Simpsons/Seinfeld eras. However, if people don't watch it; even after a hardcore advertising campaign, then maybe it doesn't deserve to be on air. I mean, that's the business, and without the advertising dollars FOX is losing money and basically supporting a show for a select fanbase.

I love it so much I bought the first season on DVD, which I've never done for any show, ever. It will be a shame if it goes off-air, but HEY!, it's just a tv show....

I think I'm going to go fly a kite...

FOX is not losing $ on the show, but, they will if they order 22 or so for next year, as the advertising dollars simply cannot match the production costs, even for what seems like an inexpensive show to shoot.

The show always shows mock previews for next week or next season, so do not go by that.

Let's all hope Fox, or someone else, brings it back. Again, really hard to believe that a cable entity could foot the bill....but we'll see.

Too bad they don't run American Idol all year. They moved house to Tuesday's after American Idol airs and the ratings have increased alot. If they did that for AD I'm sure the same thing would happen.

daygloeyes2 said:
They usually show fake promos for every show.

Hopefully, they won't cancel it. It's one of the best shows in awhile.

Yes, exactly.

One of the damn shames about this is that AD's ratings via Nielsen and in the press, etc do not include TiVo or DiVo users, of which every AD viewer I know is one.

Re: Arrested Development - RIP

No spoken words said:
Tonight was the season finale of Arrested Development.

Sadly, it like was also the last EVER episode of Arrested Development, the show likely will not be renewed on FOX, and the cost of production is likely too high for a cable network.

Say goodbye to one of the funniest shows in recent years.

White Power Bill, while stabbing Gob in prison "WHITE POWER!!!"

Gob "I.....am.....white"

didnt they win tons of awards, I wonder why they would cancel it

Which Arrested Development Character Are You?

http://coneofignorance.dyndns.org/arrested_quiz/arrested_quiz.php

:sexywink:

michael.jpg

Would be a shame if it was cancelled. One of my favorite shows. There are 1 1/2 hours of TV that I must watch each week and this is 30 minutes of it. Fortunately both of my programs are on the same night. AD at 8:30pm on Sunday and then Deadwood at 9pm Sunday. My two favorite shows back to back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom