Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've got an idea for what you can do, why don't you fucking fire your complete marketing team, alright. Get a new one in there that knows how to market a show that won 5 motherfucking Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, WGA Awards, Producer's Guilds' Awards, Critics' Top Ten Lists. You know, if you fucking -- if you can't market that kind of show and get better ratings, then maybe the problem doesn't lie here: maybe it lies with marketing. Good night." -- David Cross

I'll stop spamming this thread now :(

AD is the funniest show on television. FOX doesn't deserve the show! Also, this past Monday my cable was out and I missed the hour long show. Does anyone know how and where i can find it on the internet?

Last edited:
Brr: Futurama, Firefly, Family Guy (that was a mistake Fox), Angel and now Arrested Development. I think that a smart well written show simply cannot be allowed to exist, so we the viewers who actually like the bloody things will go out and buy the DVD's of all of our cancelled shows and wait for the next good one to appear.

It's not all bad though, Seventh Heaven is ending :wink:

I wonder how DVD sales are for the show :hmm:

Oh and about the petition I think to paraphrase Tobias: People delude themselves into thinking these things will work, but they never do, but it might work for us.

Arrested Development's problem is that the jokes and premise of the show are too advanced for the average television viewer. You have to think ( like when Lindsey shows Michael the picture from the photocopier and says she wants to buy a Volvo and he says that's not a VolVO )to get the jokes, most people are sponges and want to sit there and absorb stuff without effort.

This translates into low ratings combined with the lack of promotion for the series.

The dumbing down of society continues.

Screw Fox.

The sad thing is, I never really thought of AD as a show that would generally go over people's heads. My 14 year old sister loves it, she may not get every joke, but she gets enough that she loves the show. In fact, I find the show pretty accessible, it can't be that much smarter than say, Gimore Girls or Seinfeld or Simpsons in its prime. People just never tuned in in the first place. I wonder if there's any hope that another network will pick it up--you'd think a cable station would give it some thought.

I think people couldn't get into Arrested Development because there were soooo many self-referencing jokes. It really was a show just for a small but extremely devoted fan base. If I started watching this season, I probably wouldn't get half of the jokes because they referred to past episodes.

I can't wait to see what EW has to say about this whole debacle.

trevster2k said:
Arrested Development's problem is that the jokes and premise of the show are too advanced for the average television viewer. You have to think ( like when Lindsey shows Michael the picture from the photocopier and says she wants to buy a Volvo and he says that's not a VolVO )to get the jokes, most people are sponges and want to sit there and absorb stuff without effort.

Yet the X-Files lived a long life on Fox. That network doesn't ever know what it wants. The Simpsons is the only reason that station survived. The X-Files prolonged it. Fox will not last much longer.

learn2kneel said:
I think people couldn't get into Arrested Development because there were soooo many self-referencing jokes. It really was a show just for a small but extremely devoted fan base. If I started watching this season, I probably wouldn't get half of the jokes because they referred to past episodes.

True dat.

Maybe HBO will pick it up. They swear lots of times and they get bleep out on the show. One can hope.

Unfortunately, I don't have HBO.:(

trevster2k said:
Maybe HBO will pick it up. They swear lots of times and they get bleep out on the show. One can hope.

Unfortunately, I don't have HBO.:(

Unfortunately, as well, it is thought that this show costs too much to make to make it desirable for cable outlets.

I don't know. It had a good three years and more chances than most low-rated shows ever get. At least it'll have a good sized DVD set.

Melon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom