Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the funniest show on TV right now, if you disagree, is probably because you have never seen it.
A little trivia here.......What character from AD was in the Volkswagen commercial were the Styx song "Mr Roboto" is played?

Answer;

Buster.

From Kristin (E!Online)

"Just heard back from my A.D. source, and it has not been renewed yet, sadly, but this is what I'm told from a very reliable insider: A.D. probably will come back, because they can't say it's canceled, but it won't be a full episode order. It will be more like eight episodes. Peter Ligouri cannot afford that bad press as his first move at the network, so it will be something of a mercy renewal or a mercy fuck, as the case may be."

:|

UPDATE!!!

:hyper:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2005/050513.html

Hallelujah! Arrested Development fans, brace yourselves. I have some good news and--well, you might want to sit down for this--some mind-blowing, earth-shattering, out-of-this-world, fantastic news.

Earlier this week, a friend here at E! interviewed Jason Bateman at a charity event with his good friend Ben Stiller. When asked the status of Arrested Development, he lit up like a banana stand: "Actually, great. Supergreat. There is a heartbeat. There is no flatline. And there may be twins. I'm going to let Kristin figure out what that means. I can't comment any further, but there will be an announcement next week."

After various calls to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Pamela Anderson and Jennifer Garner's OB-GYN re "twins," I can tell you that Jason's little hint had nothing whatsoever to do with any of those things. And while there are 17 listings for a "J. Bateman" in the local Hollywood white pages, none of them know a damned thing about the fate of Arrested Development. But glory be, after much badgering and pestering, two rock-solid Fox sources, who have never failed me before, caved and gave me the lowdown.

Though they're still dotting I's and crossing T's on the final documents, I'm told Fox network and 20th Century Fox studio are "99.9 percent of the way there" to reaching an agreement on the new season. According to these highly placed sources, it looks very likely that Arrested Development will be coming back not only for a full season of 22 episodes but actually two full seasons of 22 episodes. How freaking fantastic is that?

At press time, I can tell you this is precisely where the show's fate stands. So, barring any last-minute switch-a-roonies or bad acts by Satan or Rupert Murdoch, we will get glorious "twin" seasons of the best damn comedy on TV.

According to these insiders, even though the ratings weren't exactly American Idol numbers, Fox's new prez, Peter Liguori, bless his perceptive little heart, has faith that the show will do well in a different time slot. He also wants to bring AD up to the magical episode number required for syndication and feels the show will do very well in repeats and also in DVD. Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?

TWO seasons? :drool:

Wow, that is great news. I wonder what time slot and day it will air on now though. I actually liked it in the Sunday line up.

It's official! :hyper:

Monday, May 16, 2005
FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON
Released by FOX

FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON

FOX gets ARRESTED again. The network has ordered a third full season of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, it was announced today by Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

"ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is one of the best comedies on television. The decision to order another season becomes easy when you consider its amazing cast, creative brilliance, critical acclaim and advertiser appeal," said Liguori. "It's my first official pick-up since taking the job, and I think it's a great way to start."

The critically acclaimed series revolves around Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), the good son who must run the family business and continue to pick up the pieces as he keeps his offbeat family from falling apart. The comedy has featured guest appearances by numerous stars including Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Liza Minnelli, Heather Graham and Ben Stiller. Last year, the show received five Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series, Writing, Directing, Casting and Editing. Additionally, Jason Bateman won a Golden Globe for Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role - Musical or Comedy Series and the show was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards for Outstanding Musical or Comedy Series. This past season, the cast was nominated for a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. The show was also named an AFI Program of the Year and received the Critics' Choice Award for Best Comedy, among other accolades.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is produced by Imagine Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Mitch Hurwitz are executive producers.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050516fox03

A mod should edit the thread tile :hmm:

Hoping the above to be true but last night I caught the CNN ticker and it reads that "Henry Winkler, former Fonzi on Happy Days, has just signed a contract for CBS to play the leading role as a doctor in a yet unnamed sit-com"........

So does that mean the Bluth Family no longer needs an attorney??? :huh:

ps...BAW said she read in this morning's paper that the show was signed for another year due to "public demand"....:up:

Mr. BAW said:
Hoping the above to be true but last night I caught the CNN ticker and it reads that "Henry Winkler, former Fonzi on Happy Days, has just signed a contract for CBS to play the leading role as a doctor in a yet unnamed sit-com"........

So does that mean the Bluth Family no longer needs an attorney??? :huh:

The article is true. Fox confirmed it on Monday. :up:

Aw. I hope he'll still be able to guest star on the show. I love Barry Zukerkorn!

Judge Ping: Mr. Zuckerkorn, you’ve been warned about touching.

Barry: You said spanking.

:laugh:

Blue Room said:
Wow, that is great news. I wonder what time slot and day it will air on now though. I actually liked it in the Sunday line up.

Fox will be moving it to Monday nights at 8pm.

FOX Chief Discusses 'Development' Expectations
(Thursday, May 19 12:16 PM)
By Daniel Fienberg
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) In its first season, FOX's "Arrested Development" averaged just under 6.2 million viewers per week. Against all odds, FOX renewed the show, citing the precedent of classic sitcoms like "Cheers" and "Seinfeld," which didn't immediately find audiences. "Development" won an Emmy for outstanding comedy series and FOX gave the show its best available comedy time period, following "The Simpsons." Even with the corporate vote of confidence and continued adulation, the second season of "Arrested Development" only averaged 5.9 million viewers.

On Thursday (May 19) FOX Entertainment President Peter Liguori talked with reporters about his network's fall schedule which, breaking with conventional business wisdom, features "Arrested Development" once again, now entrusted with leading off on Monday nights.

"I'd like to think there's something unique about FOX," says Liguori, who made "Development" his first official pick-up late Monday. "We have a long tradition of breaking the form, with shows like "The Simpsons" in animation, sketch shows like "In Living Color," it used to be "Married with Children." We are known for taking some daring, courageous swings at the comedy plate."

There had been rumors that FOX wasn't going to stick with the show, or that it would return with a reduced cast or a lower licensing fee. Instead, Liguori maintains that "Development" will be back this fall entirely unchanged, with its crack comic cast in place, a choice he claims was entirely related to the show's DVD sales or the prospect of future DVD opportunities.

"The thinking was really clear," he says. "It's a terrific show. We love it. We love the creative team. We think by putting it on a new time period, the show has potential to grow. We also just looked at past history."

For the second year in a row, a FOX executive is referencing the usual suspects -- "Seinfeld" and "Cheers" again -- regarding "Arrested Development," though it's unclear how long those comparisons can be justified before the adored cult favorite has to actually generate a mainstream audience. Not only is FOX giving "Development" pole position for its entire week, but the series will have to serve as a lead-in to buzzworthy new offerings "Kitchen Confidential" and "Prison Break," a hefty responsibility.

"What's our measure of success?" Liguori asks. "We'd like to put it in in that 8:00 hour and see some growth. I recognize that putting it on at 8:00 is pretty much a bold, audacious move, but we have confidence in the show.

Great fucking news!!

Heaven bless Peter Liguori!!

I just made my Dad watch an episode from Season 1 last night, he laughed a lot, says he wants to get Season 1 and 2 on DVD now.

Last edited:
:bump:

From Fox.com

Congratulations to show creator Mitch Hurwitz, the amazing cast and the 100,000+ people who took the Arrested Development Loyalty Oath! Your efforts have ensured that we'll all be treated to another season of our favorite show!

But you don't have to wait until fall to introduce people to the Bluths. This summer, FOX will air ARRESTED the entire 18-episode 2nd season beginning FRIDAY 7/29! So gather your friends and family and help them Get Arrested too!

:hyper:

now I will have to watch this show :shifty:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Oscar winner Charlize Theron is set to add some star power to Fox's "Arrested Development" when its third season debuts next month.

Theron has signed on to guest-star in five episodes of the critically acclaimed black comedy, playing a British woman who becomes the love interest of "Development" star Jason Bateman.

Theron will debut in the second "Development" episode of the season, after its September 19 premiere.

I just saw that on CNN. Interesting.

Love, love, LOVE this show. Funny! Brilliant! Hilarious! Love it, love it, love it!

MrsSpringsteen said:
Theron has signed on to guest-star in five episodes of the critically acclaimed black comedy, playing a British woman who becomes the love interest of "Development" star Jason Bateman.

I love this show more-er now. :dancing:

seriousbusiness.jpg

:hyper: 19 days :hyper:

i don't get this show. i haven't read all this thread yet to know if there is anyone out there who shares my confusion, but elsewhere in both real life and internet life i have not met such a person, so i doubt i'll find them here. although stranger things have happened...

i don't see why it's so funny. i watched 2 or 3 episodes. david cross is in it, therefore it should be funny by default. there's got to be something i'm missing because it just seemed stupid, like it was trying too hard.

I love this show; when Bluth Snr. starts marketing his own religious tapes and begins converting prisoners, talking to White Power Bill, the balance and harmony of Judaism and the virtues of the pipe :lol:

It is up alongside Seinfeld and Fawlty Towers on my personal best comedies.

Last edited:
I love the blue paint hand marks on the wall....hysterical!

Tivo set to "Season Pass" on this one!

Charlize Theron?........:up:

Kristin from E! Online reports the Bluth family's getting a new attorney. Highlight for spoilers. :sexywink:

• <highlight>[color=90D0F8]JUST got back from the set of the best damn show around with a little breaking scoop ...

Scott Baio is taking Henry Winkler's spot as the family's attorney ... Oh, these Happy Days! Out with the Fonz, in with the Chach! (And don't forget that Ritchie narrates the show.)

Scott's character name?

Bob Loblaw
    (say it three times fast)

He's a stoic attorney whom Lindsay (Portia DeRossi) hits on, but he pays no attenation whatsoever.

Also, Jason Bateman and the boys are still as adorable as always ... though David Cross is sporting some NIGHTMARISH hair plugs (for the show).[/color]</highlight>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom