Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, man! I was watching 'Sword of Destiny' tonight and noticed something. It looks like the writers slipped in the episode cutback from Season 2 into the story:
  • Michael: "You initially told us to design and build 22 homes. Now you're saying 18."
and later...
  • George Sr: "So, hey, I heard about that reduced order. Those bastards!
I love this show!

got_edge said:
:shifty: I knew that ...
:lol: i want to go pick up some copies but my mom doesn't want to get to the store that early. best buy is going to open at 5 am that day and each store is only stocking 10 copies of season 1 and 20 of season 2. so i may not get my copies. :down:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i want to go pick up some copies but my mom doesn't want to get to the store that early. best buy is going to open at 5 am that day and each store is only stocking 10 copies of season 1 and 20 of season 2. so i may not get my copies. :down:

JEEBUS! Are people actually awake at 5am??

Freaks!

I am sooo going to be there.

got_edge said:
Only if you bring coffee :wiiiiiiink:

Finally! An excuse to post this...

:drool:

got_edge said:
Oh, man! I was watching 'Sword of Destiny' tonight and noticed something. It looks like the writers slipped in the episode cutback from Season 2 into the story:
  • Michael: "You initially told us to design and build 22 homes. Now you're saying 18."
and later...
  • George Sr: "So, hey, I heard about that reduced order. Those bastards!
I love this show!

I noticed that the night of the airring :tsk:

I wonder how they'll slyly jab FOX this time around :hmm:

Hey got_edge, the petition is old news.

November 16th is the first of many save Arrested Development Days!

I am declaring November 16th the first of many Worldwide Save Arrested Development Days. On November 16th we will not contact networks (my reason is below) but we will contact the media! David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Howard Stern, Jay Leno, Ellen D, Jon Stewart & the ladies at The View along with TV Guide, EW & Variety.

We have to keep in mind the fact that these people get tons of mail already, so rather than list every possible media outlet to contact, I kept the list down to people who understand our situation, who have a large audience and who will most likely be willing to help us.

We will tell them how much the show means to us, how hurt we are that it is cancelled, why we love the show so much, what good it does for television and society and how they can help. They can help by discussing how much fan mail they received on the week after the show was cut back, they can read some of our letters on air to let their audience see how much we appreciate the show and will work to keep it on tv, they can ask NBC and other networks to consider picking up the show, they can do a segment on the show, they can get the cast to appear on the show (Letterman can have them do the top 10 list for the night) and they can pimp out the show every night...they can really do SO much to help us. But we all have to work together to tell them.

We will also mention in our letters that Nov 28th is "The Second Worldwide Save Arrested Development Day" in which we contact FOX, NBC, ABC, UPN, HBO & Showtime to let them know that this brilliant sitcom is on the market and needs a home (but we will be telling FOX they made a huge mistake & should reconsider).

The reason we shouldn't contact the networks yet is because we can generate buzz by contacting the media first. Also, HBO & UPN don't "pick up other network's trash" but that may change when they see what an effect the fans can make. Since FOX hasn't exactly canned it yet, I don't think it would be a waste to contact them on Nov 28th because they have left the window open to pick up the show for another season.

Keep in mind this will only work if we ALL participate on Nov 16th and mail out heart felt letters to these media stations. We can seriously make a difference but you have to make sure you do it on Nov 16th & make sure your letter comes from the heart. You don't have to write anything serious or make it dramatic, but don't make it generic. We have to let them know that we are serious about this show and if it is taken off the aire we will really be like girls on the last day of camp. Please consider participating and telling all of your friends about it.

For the first wave (which is Nov 16th) I think we should only send LETTERS, no postcards. Postcards aren't as genuine as letters and since we are asking these people to help us, I defintely think it would be kinder on our part to send letters. I do have post cards but I think they should be saved and sent out to the networks, it will work much better that way.

Tell your friends about NSADD & begin to think what you want to write about. We can save the show, we just have to stay positive & work together.

PLAN OF ACTION

A few of you seem to think we will only be acting on Nov 16th. Nov 16th is only the first in many Save AD Days. It is the first step.

Nov 16th: contact the media to generate some attention. Let them know we love the show, need help to save it, would appreciate if they helped, etc etc.
-The talk shows we contact will hopefully pimp the show and bring AD more viewers. They will also get the attention of networks.
-Same with the entertainment magazines.

Nov 28th: By this time we will hopefully have some buzz around the show and the networks will surely know that the fans are working to keep it alive.
-We contact FOX and let them know we love the show, they are making a huge mistake, yada yada yada
-We contact other networks and let them know this amazing show might be on the market and they should jump at the chance to pick it up.

I don't like planning too far in ahead because who knows what will happen. These are two important days for us to help the show. By sending out letters and letting these people know who much we care, we can really accomplish something.

Jason Bateman is doing a few tv appearances the week of the 21st so if we do our job, they may mention this campaign when he is on The View (22nd according to FOX) & Conan (on the 24th according to FOX) & more fans will be ready to contact the networks when the 28th comes around.

IDEAS FOR THE LETTERS/ADDRESSES

As I said above, it will be much better to send letters to these people since letters are more personal than postcards & also much less likely to be tossed out. Incase you are stuck, here are some ideas to include in your letter. Try not to mention your hate for FOX or sound bitter, keep it positive and be respectable.

Stamps are 37 cents so even if you only send out $5 worth of letters, that is still 13 letters. Try to send an even number of letters to each place, it will help in the long run if we all do this.

-Mention that you have heard the show won't be picked up, why this hurts you, why you enjoy watching the show and why it should stay on tv.

-Mention this website www.myspace.com/arresteddevelopment so that they can mention it and get unaware fans to check it out and join the campaign. Tell them what we are doing with this site and how they can help.

-Suggest ways they can help, a few might be: asking their audience to take notice of the show by watching it on Dec 5 or renting the first 2 seasons, tell their audience about this campaign, tell networks to look into picking the show up, and just bringing attention to this show.

-How has the show affected you, yada yada yada.

-How many emmys it has won, what critics have said, yada yada yada.

-Mention that this campaign is worldwide, meaning fans from as far as New Zealand are taking part in saving this show.

If anyone can think of anything else to include in your letters, please send me a message and I'll add it to this list.

Here are the addresses for the Nov 16th mail off. PLEASE wait until the 16th to send out your letters.
-Take note that the zip codes are all different even though they are located in Manhattan.

Howard Stern
Howard Stern Productions
10 E. 44th St.
New York, NY 10017

Conan O'Brien
NBC Entertainment
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

David Letterman
CBS Entertainment
51 West 52nd Street, Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10019

Jon Stewart
733 11th Avenue
New York, NY 10019

Jay Leno
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Ellen DeGeneres
PO Box 7788
Burbank, CA 91523

The View
320 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023

Rick Tetzeli
Managing Editor
Entertainment Weekly
1675 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Peter Bart
Editor-In-Chief
Variety
5700 Wilshire Bl., Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Ian Birch
Editor-In-Chief
TV Guide
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

We can make a difference!!!

got_edge said:
What the fuck is wrong with America?

Well for one thing, 98.5% of the population is completely fucking braindead.

This is horrible, horrible news.

FUCK, I just heard the news of the cancelation. Im so pissed. I love this show so much. What are they doing on Dec. 5? Are they going to show the last 8 episodes?

My anger resurged again when I saw the dumbass repeats of Prison Break on Fox .

What has happened to TV? They complain about not getting enough viewership and then take 7-10 hours of primetime and repeat shows from earlier in the week.Fox is really bad for that.

trevster2k said:
My anger resurged again when I saw the dumbass repeats of Prison Break on Fox .

What has happened to TV? They complain about not getting enough viewership and then take 7-10 hours of primetime and repeat shows from earlier in the week.Fox is really bad for that.

I know. I still can't wrap my head around that. On the brightside, at least the Prison Break fans will be treated to a 5-month hiatus in about 2 weeks time :happy:

Is there hope for Arrested Development after all?

There's an interesting rumor going around the industry: Showtime is interested in getting Arrested Development.

OK, for now it's still in that "rumor" stage, but the SF Chronicle's Tim Goodman answers several questions about the show's FOX demise, and it says that it actually makes sense for Showtime to pick up the show. Nothing for certain yet, but there seems to be at least a faint pulse to the show this week when last week it was flatlining.

Source

And today's Save Arrested Development Day, everyone! I'm mailing out a couple of letters :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom