Armin Van Buuren - Shivers - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Armin Van Buuren - Shivers

The new artist album from Armin Van Buuren is SHIVERS, due out August 8 on Armada Music. This is Armin's second artist album (his debut artist album 76 was released in 2003 and was nominated for a Dancestar Award for "Best Debut Album") and features a variety of guest vocalists and producers including Dutch celebrity pianist and composer Jan Vayne, former Genesis (post-Phil Collins) singer Ray Wilson and Justine Suissa, who collaborated with Armin on his smash hit single from 2004, "Burned With Desire."

Shivers was recorded over the last two years primarily in Amsterdam, San Francisco (with Gabriel & Dresden), Miami (with Markus Schulz and Mic Burns) and New York (with Nadia Ali of iio). The first single from Shivers is the title track and it's already making its mark on the international trance scene and as a Top 40 hit (Armin's fifth) in his native Holland. Other songs on the album of note are "Serenity" which will be the official anthem of Sensation White, the world's largest indoor rave, and "Golddigger" featuring the luscious vocals of Rosemary's Sons' Martijn Hagens.

"Shivers is a major step for me into full songwriting," says Armin. "I was a co-writer on most of the lyrics and was able to work in a variation of styles. Trance will always be the main thing but it brings a different element when you collaborate with artists. It requires more attention to song structure than instrumental tracks. This is a work I'm extremely proud of."

Complete track listing is as follows:
1. Wall Of Sound (feat. Justine Suissa)
2. Empty State (feat. Mic Burns)
3. Shivers
4. Golddigger (feat. Martijn Hagens)
5. Zocalo (feat. Gabriel & Dresden)
6. Gypsy (feat. Ray Wilson)
7. Who Is Watching (feat. Nadia Ali)
8. Bounce Back (feat. Remy & Roland Klinkenberg)
9. Control Freak
10. Serenity (feat. Jan Vayne)

Not very many trance fans here at interference, but I thought I'd post this anyway because I'm very excited about it. Armin is my favorite DJ, and I'd definitely recommend him to anyone looking for some top notch electronic/trance music. I'll definitely be picking up this album as soon as it's out in the U.S.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
New Yorker
Local Time: 05:45 PM
I really like him as well. Let me know what you think of the album when you hear it...not sure I'll buy it immediately, but definitely want to hear thoughts on it.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
genius of compression
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I will be picking this up. I like Armin *a lot*.

Argh, just found couple of new tracks on a promo, going to try to wait though.

neutral @
Old 07-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
New Yorker
Local Time: 06:45 PM
i saw him open for oakenfold a few years ago. I have some live stuff of his that I like. I'll be interested to hear this.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #5
Blue Meth Addict
Local Time: 05:45 PM
I had no idea he had something coming out, I'll keep my eyes out for it.