Are you surprised at how much love the White Stripes have gotten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
What kind of love? Critics tend to have been generally positive thoughts about the White Stripes though I'm sure indie circles have now completely rejected them. Kids dig them which is why they've got any buzz in the mainstream in the first place. But I'm sort of surprised by the list of their peers/ legends who have had great things to say or been appreciative of them...

Zakk Wylde, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Beck, maybe Audioslave (considering they did a cover of 7 Nation Army), U2, Ted Nugent, etc. I also saw Metallica do a medley of covers and 7 Nation Army was in the mix (for MTV). I dunno sort of surprised for some reason.

inmyplace13 said:
They deserve all the love they get and then some.
Couldn't agree more. They just rock. That's all. They haven't revolutionized anything by any stretch of the imagination, but the write song kickass blues rock tunes and do it well. Nobody really does that anymore.

Their last album was great. I could care less about the previous bluesy bullshit.

Lancemc said:
Couldn't agree more. They just rock. That's all.

:up:

I couldn't stand them to begin with, it was my Dad who introduced me to them.

Nothing like blasting a White Stripes tune every now and again. :up:

I like them , nice combo and they work great considering their restrictions.

The White Stripes are very very good. Maybe the best band of since this millenium. Im not surprised that they have so many fans, critics and the public.

The Raconteurs only have one good song though (Steady As She Goes).

Lila64 said:
^:madwife:

Their whole album rocks! :yes:

:up:

I like Jack White a lot, so I like The White Stripes and Raconteurs.

Even though some White Stripes songs sound like Meg's banging on trashcans, I still dig 'em

:yes:

I think they have the look, youth, and at the time (when they came out) credibility... but if you think about it, the music they put out (guitar and drums with old school production elements in a traditional blues style), I mean it's more surprising to me now looking back at in retrospect...

That Jack White is a major talent. I loved Elephant, but then I kind of drifted away. Maybe I should drift back.

Where are the BAW's??? :wink: They have plenty of love for the Stripes... BAW has it for Jack and Mr. BAW has it for Meg. :yes: :giggle:

As for me, I don't have any of their albums. I know several of their singles & they're hit or miss for me. "Doorbell" makes me violent :mad:, but on the other hand I love "Denial Twist" (great lyrics there). I thought "Seven Nation Army" was some dusty old 70's rocker that I'd somehow managed to never hear the first time it played on my radio. Can't say it impressed me. :shrug: Anyway, they do make a large sound for there to just be the two of them - on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give them a 6.

:ducksfromtherottenfruit:

I'm not surprised, they are talented and Jack is such a great musician, also, they have a great visual concept (the "Get Behind Me Satan" cover is fastastic)

I can consider myself a fan, not a big fan, but I enjoy a lot their music

The Raconteurs sound like a real band (not a side-project), that says everything

The White Stripes are cool with me. :up: Elephant and De Stijl were really good.

White%20Stripes%204.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: Meg White :heart: :heart: :heart:

Meg smiled at me long, long ago.

Actually at a 2003 concert in Dallas. I love her very much.

inmyplace13 said:

Meg looks hot a very high percentage of the time.
There's something I find attractive about her malnourished, lanky look. Like the Russian girls I meet at my university.

Back
Top Bottom