Are you superficial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wjat spr pf qiestopm os tjoaht???

i meama, comwe on guys, wheredioees this poersn get offo asking personial shite likie thiz

George: "So, what did she say?"

Elaine: "She...likes you!"

George: "She said she liked me!? No kiddin', she said that!?"

Elaine: "Ya!"

George: "Those were her exact words, 'I like George.'?!"

Elaine: "Yep!"

George: "Ha Haaaaaaa!! Jerry, how do you like that? You see, I get myself in a dizzy, I'm all worked up, and for what?"

Elaine: "For nothing!"

George: "Ha ha!"

Elaine: "In fact, she said that looks aren't even that important to her."

George: "You see.....WHAT!?!?!"

Elaine: "Ah, oh..."

George: "She said looks aren't important to her!?"

Elaine: "Well, hum, let me rephrase that, she said..."

George: "She thinks I'm ugly! I knew it!"

Jerry: "You see, the thing of it is, there's a lot of ugly people out there walking around, but they don't know they're ugly, because nobody actually tells them."

George: "So, what's your point?"

Jerry: "I don't know."

Elaine: "Okay...the point, George, is she likes you."

George: "Oh, so what?? I'd rather she hate me and thought I was good looking! At least I can get somebody else."

How are you defining superficial? Like you smile to someone's face but talk shit about them behind their back?

HelloAngel said:
How are you defining superficial? Like you smile to someone's face but talk shit about them behind their back?

Superficial means, "who gives a shit what the person is like on the 'inside.' As long as your friggin hot and have money to boot, that's all that matters."

i think looks matter to an extent, but if hot guy with money is an asshole, then its not worth it.

I think everyone is superficial to any extent. I dont go to a bar and spot a hot girl and say "she looks like she has a warm heart", if you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I dont feel I'm really superficial. I'd take an average looking girl who has a great personality over a hot girl with nothing to say. It's just that looks are the thing to draw you to someone at first 90% of the time, so we're all a little superficial.

TwoAmericas said:

Superficial means, "who gives a shit what the person is like on the 'inside.' As long as your friggin hot and have money to boot, that's all that matters."

Oh ok - you're defining this regarding dating.

No. I'm definitely not superficial.

It depends on how you define "superficial." In a way, yes I am. I could not date someone I didn't find physically attractive.

In a way, no I'm not, because who I find "physically attractive" is not completely conventional and others may not agree with my choices. I would certainly date someone that I found physically attractive, but whom others thought was not so attractive.

You know?

Melon

I'm not if you're using your definition exclusively, but in other contexts, surely I am to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom