Are you related to someone famous?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't *think* I have any famous relatives, although my dad shares a name with some super-high-ranking Army dude who is always on TV talking about the war.

My friend Elliot is somehow related to General Patton, too.

my uncle is worth over $100 million dollars.

he's an alberta native.

most people would have a hard time believing it, but the construction company who built their house made a little book of it.

it's the nicest house i've ever seen in real life, aside from the mansions/palaces i was in in europe.

My maternal grandmother's family were the ruling class (Doges) of Venice for about 1000 years. Most of the significant palaces on the Gran Canal bear our name.

I lived with who would later become Napoleon Dynamite in Tokyo.

As unbelievable as that sounds, it's true.

learn2kneel said:
i'm somehow related to george eastmen (kodak camera) who's daughter was married to paul mccartney, so basically me and paul are like cousins.

Hate to spoil the family reunion with Paul, but Linda is not from the Eastman’s of Eastman-Kodak fame. Her father Lee Eastman and brother John Eastman were New York show-business attorneys, and her father changed the family name from its original Epstein. This was not lost for a moment on John Lennon or Allen Klein, who marvelled at the exchange of the late Brian Epstein for another would-be manager of the same name.

the Gordon's gin crest and my family crest (also Gordon) are the same so maybe theres some ancient link there..?
i've met quite a few famous people though :shrug:

I am related to the late June Carter Cash (she was a cousin of my grandmother whose maiden name was Carter.) They had a similar look too-dark hair-possibly some Cherokee Indian in there somewhere. One of my daughter's teachers in middle school was related to Johnny Depp.

Mr. BAW said:

What???? you aren't? :|

you mean this guy?

erik_estrada.jpg

She ls Raging said:
Bobby Sweeney is my cousin, he played for the Boston Bruins years ago.

Could I have used this guy while playing Sega Genesis back in the day? Say 1994-95? Or are we talking more years back here...

My dad had an uncle who was in the Mob in Chicago. He was found shot dead in a ditch along some highway. What was a dutchman doing in the Mob? I dunno...:no:

Sean Connery used to live down the road from us, but no, I'm not related to him.

For you fellow Brits out there who follow politics (no one else will care), I'm a distant cousin of Michael Portillo.

Ant.

I'm a direct descendent of someone off the Mayflower (it was a servant...lol).

I'm also an indirect descendent of King Louis XVI of France (an ancestor of mine was his first cousin who was sent to the New World to colonize; and, hence, I'm related to the rest of imperial Europe being the inbreds that they were).

Melon

My grandmother's cousin married Brian Dennehy's daughter. My parents weren't aware of the relation and were :shocked: when he walked into the ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom