Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo I'm sitting here passing away a rainy day before going in to work and in the background I hear....drip.....drip.....drip....drip. My first thought is that it is the sink or shower until I turn around and see that the ceiling is leaking! So I now have a lovely bucket right in the pathway to get to the bathroom and have since noticed another part of the wall is leaking. :scream:

By the way I don't think it's even going to stop raining today.

Kariann said:
Soooo I'm sitting here passing away a rainy day before going in to work and in the background I hear....drip.....drip.....drip....drip. My first thought is that it is the sink or shower until I turn around and see that the ceiling is leaking! So I now have a lovely bucket right in the pathway to get to the bathroom and have since noticed another part of the wall is leaking. :scream:

Leaky ceilings and walls are never good things :hug:

~passes Kariann an umbrella and a mop~

Kariann said:

:ohmy:
It has been raining here very heavily. Roads are being closed. The lightening and then the resulting THUNDER~ I have never seen/heard anything like it around here.

Kariann said:

:eek: That sucks!!

It stopped for awhile here but it's started up again. It's supposed to be like this all week, I've heard. Makes for nice, easy days at work, for some reason! Apparently people don't like to bank in the rain.

Schmeg said:

:eek: That sucks!!

It stopped for awhile here but it's started up again. It's supposed to be like this all week, I've heard. Makes for nice, easy days at work, for some reason! Apparently people don't like to bank in the rain.

I had to go to the bank yesterday to deposit my Job 2 check but didn't want to go out in the rain so it was put off until today.

Interesting exchange at work yesterday....

R: We shot these boots that had furry balls on them today. The had the balls in a box. *searches for boots*

Me: Pulling out boots to prep....Hey look we get some furry balls too....and they're in boxes!

Sharing that for those of you that may remember some past journal entries.

Kariann said:

R: We shot these boots that had furry balls on them today. The had the balls in a box. *searches for boots*

Me: Pulling out boots to prep....Hey look we get some furry balls too....and they're in boxes!

I thought of you as I was writing a description of a mini ornament set on a box "santa balls" :shifty:

I bought pumpkin bagels tonight. I LOVE this time of year! Football and pumpkins everywhere! Who knew I was such an Autumn girl? I always that Spring was my thing. :hmm: How odd. :huh: Breakfast tomorrow is going to be soooo good. Toasted pumpkin bagel with a cocoa to wash it down. Too bad I'll be at work for breakfast :|

Kariann said:

:giggle: I'm glad to hear that you're still playing with balls. I always think of you when I think about balls. We'll just say that;s a good thing. :D

And I think "Even Kariann plays with balls" is one of my all-time favorite journal quotes.

So I just had my second interview with The Dark Side and I couldn't tell whether my availability wasn't good enough or if it was just a formality. :slant: I'm leaning toward formality since she said she'd talk to the district manager about how much they can pay me with my experience and call me tomorrow...but she also said that telling her what weekend days I can work a month in advance isn't good enough.

I'm so confused!

If I get the job, it's a good thing I'm a practiced insomniac as I've committed to stock shifts until 12:30 am! :yikes:

shari schultz said:

I also wrote Nutcracker Balls as a description..............that one just has a nasty connatation :angel:

:ohmy: :laugh:

:tsk: The Randooom Girls Curling Team members can be so shocking at times.

:wink:

arw9797 said:
I bought pumpkin bagels tonight. I LOVE this time of year! Football and pumpkins everywhere! Who knew I was such an Autumn girl? I always that Spring was my thing. :hmm: How odd. :huh: Breakfast tomorrow is going to be soooo good. Toasted pumpkin bagel with a cocoa to wash it down. Too bad I'll be at work for breakfast :|

:hyper: You need to make some Pumpkin bread now! :drool:

Autumn is the best time of year for me. Another month and a half and its Halloween. I'm going to need to buy about 8 bags of candy this year, my neighborhood has doubled in size. Basically from now until New Years is may favorite time of year. January, February and most of March though :down: My least favorite time of year.

Autumn is nice, but I'm all about summer. :combust:

The only good thing about the January through MArch months is my birthday.

Schmeg said:

The only good thing about the January through MArch months is my birthday.

Why do you think I said it was my least favorite time of year??

:laugh: :wink: Just kidding. :)

The only good thing about the summer is my birthday and the amusement park is open! :laugh: :wink:

Blue Room said:

:ohmy: :laugh:

:tsk: The Randooom Girls Curling Team members can be so shocking at times.

:wink:

That reminds me, we need to start practicing if we're going to be ready in 2010 :shifty:.

In Florida, we don't really have seasons. We have:
- it's hot
- omg it's hot
- I do believe my skin is on fire
- thank God it's slightly cooler (time to break out that jacket that's been in the closet for 9 months)
- it's comfortable
- it's hot again.

kellyahern said:

That reminds me, we need to start practicing if we're going to be ready in 2010 :shifty:.

In Florida, we don't really have seasons. We have:
- it's hot
- omg it's hot
- I do believe my skin is on fire
- thank God it's slightly cooler (time to break out that jacket that's been in the closet for 9 months)
- it's comfortable
- it's hot again.

Still waiting on the official calender. :wink: :laugh:

I lived in Alabama for 6 years, July and August were just miserable there. I think its one reason I'm not a huge fan of summer. Beats the dead of winter, but I always see it as its easier to warm yourself up versus cool yourself down. :shrug:

So tonight at job #2, one of the 16 year old boys was asking me for advice for his girlfriend. She called him tonight while he was at work, very upset, because she got yelled at from a manager at her job. She switched shifts with another kid and then that kid was 1/2 hour late. So while he's telling me the story about his girlfriend, the one manager that I don't like and that never ever gives us anything to do and only hides in the back all night, finally made her way out to the front of the store. She asked what our closing duties were and why were we just standing around talking. I laughed and in my usual smart ass way said that we were having a conversation about the clothes. She gave me a funny face, which I thought was a joke so I in turn gave her one back. She turned red and told me that I don't have to be disrespectful to her. She backed it up by saying she was dead serious and not kidding around and that I needed to get to work. :huh: There we no customer's in the store, all of our departments were straight because we had nothing better to do all night since she never gives us anything to do like the other mangers. Finally.....the minute she asked us what our closing duties were, we split from each other and started walking towards our areas. We didn't ignore her and continue on the conversation. Wouldn't that be disrespectful? All of the other mangers laugh and joke around all the time. She's the only one with an attitude and no one ever knows if she's for real or not when she says stuff. I'm just not sure how I was being disrespectful when she's the one that gave me a :madspit: face first. :mad:

Blue Room said:

Still waiting on the official calender. :wink: :laugh:

I lived in Alabama for 6 years, July and August were just miserable there. I think its one reason I'm not a huge fan of summer. Beats the dead of winter, but I always see it as its easier to warm yourself up versus cool yourself down. :shrug:

It was 80 degrees this morning at 6 a.m. :grumpy:.

:hug: arw :hug:. I don't know how you guys work two or more jobs, I couldn't do it :bow:.

Have a good weekend, Schmeg :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom