Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
:happy: cold #1 of the season has arrived. I feel warm and my throat hurts. :sad:

:hug:

Have you ever tried this nasal spray called Zicam? It's basically a gel that has zinc in it and it's supposed to lessen the severity/length of a cold. The last few times I've had a cold (including yesterday when I felt really crappy) I've tried it and it does seem to work - I don't get as sick as I normally do.

You have to take it the first day you notice symptoms though.

^thank you.

kellyahern said:

:hug:

Have you ever tried this nasal spray called Zicam? It's basically a gel that has zinc in it and it's supposed to lessen the severity/length of a cold. The last few times I've had a cold (including yesterday when I felt really crappy) I've tried it and it does seem to work - I don't get as sick as I normally do.

You have to take it the first day you notice symptoms though.

I have not used anything like that before. I'm always afraid to take anything on top of all of my allergy/asthma meds. Someone at work told me about another cold medication I should take. I don't know if I want to start any of that without asking my dr first.

I think the line "are you a member of the pavarotti" is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. :laugh: I've watched the video a million times just for that line. It's totally something my grandma would have said thinking that was the real word. She definitely lived on another planet for about the last 10 years of her life. :huh: We got so used to her made up words that my family still use some of them to this day. :cute:

arw9797 said:
^thank you.

I have not used anything like that before. I'm always afraid to take anything on top of all of my allergy/asthma meds. Someone at work told me about another cold medication I should take. I don't know if I want to start any of that without asking my dr first.

Yeah, definitely ask your doctor. I don't know what side effects it might have for asthma or anything like that :yikes:.

kellyahern said:

:lol:

My dad called me at work because one of his co-workers saw it and knew he had a daughter who's a U2 fan.
:sad: My computer is still broken and it won't play videos in Safe Mode so I can't see it.

kellyahern said:

:sad:

I added it to my favorites in yahoo, so hopefully it'll be around for a while. I hope someone figures out how to make it into a saveable file.
:yes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellyahern said:

On the music on the internet forum, someone has it as a project :up:
Oh good! Eventually the laptop will have some sort of internet connection here and I'll be able to watch it, because I think my computer is pretty much sick until my dad can get out here. :sigh:

I just got jelly all over the spacebar. :uhoh: That's not going to help things.

Schmeg said:

Oh good! Eventually the laptop will have some sort of internet connection here and I'll be able to watch it, because I think my computer is pretty much sick until my dad can get out here. :sigh:

bring some headphones to a library and use their computer :sexywink:

arw9797 said:
:edge: "we have a gig today...it would be really really bad if I drowned" :heart: That's almost as good as the pavarotti thing.

ok, I just laugh snorted at that.............:laugh:
Good stuff! Want more! NEED more!

:wave: Hello Randooom!

I guess I have been too busy arguing over in the Where The Album Has No Name forum. :laugh: :crack:

Drove to Lansing this afternoon for a settlement conference for work. Sat in the hall for an hour, then our attorney came out and said they adjourned it until next month. Nothing like a complete waste of an afternoon!! :happy: :|

Shari I havent forgotten about the Bo Deans stuff. I will get to it soon. Football season!! :drool: I'm gone for most of the day every Saturday so it cuts my weekend in half unfortunately. So give me a little more time.

:| this is why I just totally love retail:

I had to work job #2 tonight. All day today I thought about calling in because I feel like absolute shit. I made it through job #1. I basically have to be on my death bed at this point to call into job #1. It's so busy there it's ridiculous. Plus sitting at a desk with warm drinks all day long is totally different than standing in a completely dead store with more people than needed. So I asked if I could leave. I said I didn't feel good. I had to specify where I didn't feel good. Am I 5? I said I felt like I was getting a cold. A cold????? :rolleyes: was the response I recieved. I then said I felt completely worn out and just needed to go home. I was told to staighten the mens dept that was already straightened and then to come see her again. I cleaned up mens and then was ignorned twice. So then I finally said I was leaving. She gave me the snotty "if you're sick and feel like you can't make it then go home" answer. Then when I was walking out the door, I swear I heard her say something about "faking being sick" to another coworker :|

Why would I ask to leave a hour and a half early for no reason if I wasn't sick? I've never done it before. I'm really beginning to hate that place. At job #1, if I'm sick, I leave a voice mail for my boss. She checks her messages every day even if she's sick. But just as a back up, I always email my team and say I won't be in. No questions asked. If I don't feel good during the day and want to leave, I send my boss an email saying I'll be back tomorrow and my team knows I'm leaving. I just can't stand having to give my life story and justify that I don't feel good enough to be there. If the store was busy I could understand her attitude but it was dead and two people were at the registers talking and doing nothing.

:madwife: I cannot wait to start school so I can quit that place!

That sucks. It's not like it's your career job anyway. It just seems messed up that they treat you like this on a part time job where you just went to get extra money.

You're an adult with a career and they're treating you like you're a teenager at your first job :angry:.

arw9797 said:
:| this is why I just totally love retail:

I had to work job #2 tonight. All day today I thought about calling in because I feel like absolute shit. I made it through job #1. I basically have to be on my death bed at this point to call into job #1. It's so busy there it's ridiculous. Plus sitting at a desk with warm drinks all day long is totally different than standing in a completely dead store with more people than needed. So I asked if I could leave. I said I didn't feel good. I had to specify where I didn't feel good. Am I 5? I said I felt like I was getting a cold. A cold????? :rolleyes: was the response I recieved. I then said I felt completely worn out and just needed to go home. I was told to staighten the mens dept that was already straightened and then to come see her again. I cleaned up mens and then was ignorned twice. So then I finally said I was leaving. She gave me the snotty "if you're sick and feel like you can't make it then go home" answer. Then when I was walking out the door, I swear I heard her say something about "faking being sick" to another coworker :|

Why would I ask to leave a hour and a half early for no reason if I wasn't sick? I've never done it before. I'm really beginning to hate that place. At job #1, if I'm sick, I leave a voice mail for my boss. She checks her messages every day even if she's sick. But just as a back up, I always email my team and say I won't be in. No questions asked. If I don't feel good during the day and want to leave, I send my boss an email saying I'll be back tomorrow and my team knows I'm leaving. I just can't stand having to give my life story and justify that I don't feel good enough to be there. If the store was busy I could understand her attitude but it was dead and two people were at the registers talking and doing nothing.

:madwife: I cannot wait to start school so I can quit that place!

That is ridiculous. If I'm not feeling well I just tell my team and I leave. If I went to my boss about it he would be like "yeah, why are you telling me?" :laugh:

By the way arw, where is the pumpkin bread? :sad: I bet you sent it all to Schmeg didnt you!? :angry:

:wink:

Blue Room said:
:wave: Hello Randooom!

I guess I have been too busy arguing over in the Where The Album Has No Name forum. :laugh: :crack:

Drove to Lansing this afternoon for a settlement conference for work. Sat in the hall for an hour, then our attorney came out and said they adjourned it until next month. Nothing like a complete waste of an afternoon!! :happy: :|

Shari I havent forgotten about the Bo Deans stuff. I will get to it soon. Football season!! :drool: I'm gone for most of the day every Saturday so it cuts my weekend in half unfortunately. So give me a little more time.
BR, don't worry about it......... it is worth waiting for :):yes: Enjoy the football season

Good evening Randoooomers :wave:

And for those of you who collect random pics of the Edge in the new People magazine (best dressed issue) there is an ad with the Edge on it (full page). I only glanced it while I was getting my hair done today.

fah said:
Good evening Randoooomers :wave:

And for those of you who collect random pics of the Edge in the new People magazine (best dressed issue) there is an ad with the Edge on it (full page). I only glanced it while I was getting my hair done today.
How did I miss this?!?!?!? I looked at this magazine on Wed. while I was getting my MRI..............
Wow, I'm slipping:(

results of MRI:
arthritis under knee cap
Taking celebrex now.
Had a :happy:fun:happy: cortizone shot in the knee and went to make PT appts (2x's a week for 4 weeks)......................I still cannot straighten my knee out when I walk, though, and that bothers me.........time, I will give it time. Heel, toe, heel, toe

I believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel :hyper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom