Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Nah, its good to spend the money! :wink: :)

They had a segment on our local news last night on annoying co-workers. The number 1 complaint was co workers who had bad breath! I thought of you with your STG "friend" right away! :laugh:

:laugh:

Our 4th asst in the studio is coming from my area so I'm going to be able to get the low down on what has been going on and I'm sure there will be ALOT of complaining about STG. Now that I work in the evening I most likely will never see him! :dance:

Because I literally have nothing to do right now, I've decided to make U2 playlists for my iPod that remind me of specific places that I would like to get back to within the next year...the desert and Ireland. I just made a desert mix. It's mainly 80's U2 since that's normally what we've listened to while driving across the desert, but there's a few other's thrown in. I just listened to "Desert Sky" ( :der: ) and the rows of hundreds of windmills popped into my head right away.

Next up is Ireland. I'm going to start it off with Numb. :shifty: "Don't travel by train" will always remind me of Edmund and also the walk through the forest in Malahide. :love:

arw9797 said:
Because I literally have nothing to do right now, I've decided to make U2 playlists for my iPod that remind me of specific places that I would like to get back to within the next year...the desert and Ireland. I just made a desert mix. It's mainly 80's U2 since that's normally what we've listened to while driving across the desert, but there's a few other's thrown in. I just listened to "Desert Sky" ( :der: ) and the rows of hundreds of windmills popped into my head right away.

Next up is Ireland. I'm going to start it off with Numb. :shifty: "Don't travel by train" will always remind me of Edmund and also the walk through the forest in Malahide. :love:

:up:

I need to make some mixes to take into the studio. We've listened to the radio the past couple of days for Friday night 80's...when I heard WOWY and NYD...I thought of you ARW when NYD came on. Then yesterday I heard Desire randomly twice on the radio and then One came on the satellite station they use at Job 2. I've heard alot of random U2 lately so I'm thinking maybe it's a message that I need to listen to them again after a long hiatus.

Kariann said:

:up:

I need to make some mixes to take into the studio. We've listened to the radio the past couple of days for Friday night 80's...when I heard WOWY and NYD...I thought of you ARW when NYD came on. Then yesterday I heard Desire randomly twice on the radio and then One came on the satellite station they use at Job 2. I've heard alot of random U2 lately so I'm thinking maybe it's a message that I need to listen to them again after a long hiatus.

I really haven't listened to U2 a lot this summer. Occassionally at the lake but that's probably it. The whole book thing has just really fired me up to listen to them again. I couldn't get enough of live U2 last week at work. :heart:

arw9797 said:

I really haven't listened to U2 a lot this summer. Occassionally at the lake but that's probably it. The whole book thing has just really fired me up to listen to them again. I couldn't get enough of live U2 last week at work. :heart:

I've really only listened when it's come up randomly. I kind of like when I have a drought because when I go back and listen I realize how much I love some songs. I was telling my mom about the book today to try to keep from the usual talk that she goes into during dinner and she is kind of looking forward to the book now!

:wave: Hanging out in the World Club at LAX...we leave in about an hour. Had a little fender bender on...get this...Buddy Holly Drive in Universal City last night. :crazy: Everyone is fine but it was kinda scary! Should be home around 11 tonight.

Schmeg said:
Had a little fender bender on...get this...Buddy Holly Drive in Universal City last night. :crazy: Everyone is fine but it was kinda scary!
:yikes:

Glad everyone is fine!
ENOUGH with vacation drama!

shari schultz said:

:wink:

so it is a MI/WI weekend extravaganza........................

:hyper: (I think)

You can have the Sunday victory. Saturday is the only one that matters to me. Michigan should win, but thats why they go ahead and play the game. :laugh: Weather doesnt look promising at the moment though. Can change, but it looks like I will need my rain gear unfortunately right now. :|

Kariann said:

I've really only listened when it's come up randomly. I kind of like when I have a drought because when I go back and listen I realize how much I love some songs.

I do this alot also, typically 2 to 3 weeks. Then I go about 2 months straight where its all I listen to. :laugh: :shifty:

shari schultz said:

:yikes:

Glad everyone is fine!
ENOUGH with vacation drama!
Vacation drama continues. LA obviously doesn't want us to leave. As you can see, we're still here! We were on the plane for about an hour while they discovered and tried to fix some hydraulics issues, and then they kicked us all off and we might be boarding soon!

We have officially been in LAX since 1:30 pm. :crack:

Still at LAX. :happy: Our NEW plane is five minutes out ( :love: airplane geeks :love: ) and we really should be leaving soon now...and arriving at 4:30 am Eastern. YIKES! I"m trying to decide if I really want to get a two-hour nap before work or to call in. :torn:

Blue Room said:

You can have the Sunday victory. Saturday is the only one that matters to me. Michigan should win, but thats why they go ahead and play the game. :laugh: Weather doesnt look promising at the moment though. Can change, but it looks like I will need my rain gear unfortunately right now. :|

Oh, that is sooo kind of you :wink:

Schmeg said:
Still at LAX. :happy: Our NEW plane is five minutes out ( :love: airplane geeks :love: ) and we really should be leaving soon now...and arriving at 4:30 am Eastern. YIKES! I"m trying to decide if I really want to get a two-hour nap before work or to call in. :torn:

Heeelllllo walking zombie.......:wave:
at LAX since since 1:30pm, huh? You have clearly bonded with the airport............:crack:

Kariann said:

:laugh:

Our 4th asst in the studio is coming from my area so I'm going to be able to get the low down on what has been going on and I'm sure there will be ALOT of complaining about STG. Now that I work in the evening I most likely will never see him! :dance:

you appear to be heartbroken :shifty:

shari schultz said:

Heeelllllo walking zombie.......:wave:
at LAX since since 1:30pm, huh? You have clearly bonded with the airport............:crack:

I remember LAX as kind of a disappointing airport (of course when I went, I went to the ticket counter only to be told I had to get back on a bus and go to the commuter terminal, but anyway . . .). I thought for a major airport, it was kind of boring. They did have "Govinator" shirts though :wink:.

Best airport to get stuck in - Reagan National in D.C. :up:.

Kariann said:
:banghead:

I had to get up earlier than usual for the cable guy to come fix my dvr issues and now I have a snazzy new silver box, cables and better reception. Oddly enough....getting the dvr service is costing me less a month than without it.
:huh: That's weird. I think cable companies are some of the most screwed-up companies there are.

kellyahern said:

I remember LAX as kind of a disappointing airport (of course when I went, I went to the ticket counter only to be told I had to get back on a bus and go to the commuter terminal, but anyway . . .). I thought for a major airport, it was kind of boring. They did have "Govinator" shirts though :wink:.

Best airport to get stuck in - Reagan National in D.C. :up:.
There's really not a whole lot to do in LAX. The World Club and its free Wi-Fi was our entertainment. And we ate at Wolfgang Puck Express (Wolfie!!!!!), buying our food just minutes before the airline started handing out vouchers! :lol:

The last time I flew out of LAX (with The Jim), we were on a code-shared flight, one of those United operated by American or whatever deals. We got off the Alamo bus at Terminal 6 to find we had to go back to Terminal 2. We hiked it and oh was that fun. :|

We got to bed at 6:00 this morning, I got up at 7:30, and I am currently on my lunch break from work! Only 4 1/2 hours and my day is done and then I have a date with my couch! :love:

my sister met some iron chef people (no idea who they were, i guess some ICamerica people i've never heard of) when she was working at some food conference thing at foxwoods.

IWasBored said:
my sister met some iron chef people (no idea who they were, i guess some ICamerica people i've never heard of) when she was working at some food conference thing at foxwoods.
IWB!!! :wave:

Cool! The good Iron Chef Japan guys or like Booby Flay? :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom