Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
night randoomers :wave: it is gonna get stormy here and there is a Packer game to cringe, I mean watch

arw9797 said:
:up: Good job Twins!

Having gone to a few games this season I actually followed them a little more than usual. The first game I went to they were about 12 games back and now they just won the division title. Kirby would be proud!
This is cause for celebration in this house, too. I am a Twins fan for the rest of the season, since the damn Red Sox decided they didn't REALLY want to stay 5 games ahead in the AL East, it would be SO much better to finish 12 games back and hit the golf course early. /bitter, bitter fan

At least my Pats won yesterday! :D

GO TWINS!!

shari schultz said:
night randoomers :wave: it is gonna get stormy here and there is a Packer game to cringe, I mean watch
:drool: Monday night football

Good luck!

kellyahern said:

That pre-game story about the kid with sickle cell who got to be coach for a day for the Eagles *sniff* hand me a tissue :sad: :cute:.
That was so cute! I missed the beginning of it...didn't know he had sickle cell. :(

I think football games should end at the end of the second quarter when the Packers are winning :up:

I gave up watching when a different team came out to play in the second half.

I watched Family Jewels, with Gene Simmons...........:lol:

kellyahern said:
:crazy:

Me too :lol:.

There's nothing like the opening day of the Senior Olympics. It's not bad, I just feel like a truck has run over me at the end of the day. 8 more days to go :hyper:.

:faint:

My head hurts :(.
One down, eight to go..! :happy:

Good luck with that. :yikes:

today was not a happy day at my work. The entire place was filled with noise of the Twins games. We had community radios in every aisle so anyone without a radio or anyone who couldn't find the right station could listen in. No work got done during those hours. The radios were immediately shut off after the end of the game and everyone had a huge :grumpy: face.

I'm scared for tomorrow :yikes:

Tonight at job #2 I told them I could not work the last 2 weeks of November and the last 2 weeks of December. I fully understand the busy season of retail, however, I'm moving Thanksgiving weekend. Plus with two babies being born at the end of this month in the family there will be tons and tons of out of towners the week of Thanksgiving. Including my sister. I'm not going to fold sweaters instead of spending time with my sister.

They said too bad! :der:

I said well then not to make it sound like a threat but I technically don't need to work here after November 18 so how about making that my last day? I also said I'm more than willing to work on the weekends through Dec 23 but just not during the week. Then the 23rd would officially be my last day. They'll be done with the busy holiday season and I'll have time off to concentrate on job #1's insanely busy season and also be able to enjoy my new years weekend.

They're going to get back to me. The tone of the conversation changed drastically once I said Nov 18 would be my last day. I was told they'll reconsider. :|

arw9797 said:
Tonight at job #2 I told them I could not work the last 2 weeks of November and the last 2 weeks of December. I fully understand the busy season of retail, however, I'm moving Thanksgiving weekend. Plus with two babies being born at the end of this month in the family there will be tons and tons of out of towners the week of Thanksgiving. Including my sister. I'm not going to fold sweaters instead of spending time with my sister.

They said too bad! :der:

I said well then not to make it sound like a threat but I technically don't need to work here after November 18 so how about making that my last day? I also said I'm more than willing to work on the weekends through Dec 23 but just not during the week. Then the 23rd would officially be my last day. They'll be done with the busy holiday season and I'll have time off to concentrate on job #1's insanely busy season and also be able to enjoy my new years weekend.

They're going to get back to me. The tone of the conversation changed drastically once I said Nov 18 would be my last day. I was told they'll reconsider. :|

Retail at the holidays.............:down: Apparently no one is allowed to have a life outside of it during the holidays.
This year could be interesting by us, because they can't find reliable people.

arw9797 said:
Meg, this is a thread for you (I was so tempted to vertical type. I haven't done that in MONTHS!)

CLICK ME
:lol: I saw that but I didn't read it. That Bitter Old Interlander Syndrome I'm catching doesn't let me read threads in IO started by names I don't recognize.

:shifty: I did eat something labeled as pumpkin at the India Buffet my manager took me to last week (she's Pakistani)...and I liked it! :ohmy:

Hey- did you see that Trader Joe's has pumpkin butter this time of year? You could put pumpkin butter on pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread!

Last edited:
shari schultz said:

Retail at the holidays.............:down: Apparently no one is allowed to have a life outside of it during the holidays.
You are absolutely right about that. That's one of the reasons I decided to just keep being poor instead of accepting the job #2 back on the Dark Side. I miss enjoying Christmas and Thanksgiving, and working 65 hours a week in November and December would really not help that.

Schmeg said:

You are absolutely right about that. That's one of the reasons I decided to just keep being poor instead of accepting the job #2 back on the Dark Side. I miss enjoying Christmas and Thanksgiving, and working 65 hours a week in November and December would really not help that.

I shall live vicariously through you this season :D

shari schultz said:

I shall live vicariously through you this season :D
I think I'm going home for the Saturday afternoon/Sunday/Monday morning of the Christmas weekend and I suddenly realized that I WILL enjoy it because it's like holiday break from school. I ALWAYS had the last exam on December 23, and then I would go home and lie under the tree and just relax and enjoy not having to do anything and letting my brain shut off. I'm looking forward to that.

Schmeg said:

:lol: I saw that but I didn't read it. That Bitter Old Interlander Syndrome I'm catching doesn't let me read threads in IO started by names I don't recognize.

:shifty: I did eat something labeled as pumpkin at the India Buffet my manager took me to last week (she's Pakistani)...and I liked it! :ohmy:

Hey- did you see that Trader Joe's has pumpkin butter this time of year? You could put pumpkin butter on pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread!

So did you buy some at Trader Joe's? :sexywink:

I usually go to an apple orchard this time of year and pick up tons of pumpkin goodies, including pumpking butter :love: :drool:

buy lightbulbs

Kariann said:
I cannot find the earphones to my Ipod....my life just keeps getting better and better with each tiny moment! :happy:
:( I have two sets of headphones from the time I forgot them and had to buy another set at the airport. Do you want one of mine? I also bought extra fuzzy earphone covers at the Apple Store and there are some pretty cool colors.

Also: Don't forget to buy lightbulbs!

arw9797 said:

So did you buy some at Trader Joe's? :sexywink:

I usually go to an apple orchard this time of year and pick up tons of pumpkin goodies, including pumpking butter :love: :drool:
Haven't been there yet, I read about it in that thread! I probably won't be buying any. :wink:

I can't wear earphones with the tiny earbuds like Ipod or airplane ones. They're uncomfortable and they keep falling out of my ears :reject:.

Also, my sister and I went to Bath and Body Works last weekend and were slightly dissapointed with their pumpkin scent :reject: :(.

I found a cup in my room today that had been there since july , it was once coffee.....

Back
Top Bottom