Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
You need to rest. Curl up with some hot soup and a good book. A good heavy book. With lots of pictures. And quotes from 4 Irish guys (plus their manager ). :wink:

That's a cure that sounds almost too good!

I wanted to curl up with it this weekend but it's looking like I could have a chance at some OT...:drool: I'm all about working whatever I can right now at either place.

Is it possible to catch a cold through the internet? I think I am getting arw's ...........I am super tired and have the most scratchy and sore throat. I felt icky all day and then especially at the end of physical therapy :yuck:

I have just purchased Roger Waters tickets.

:drool:

Tomorrow night's weather:
Low of 45. T-storms.

:happy: We have lawn "seats," as that is all I could afford and even that is pushing it. We're going to be cold, wet, and I think at least half of us will be miserable. But Dark Side of the Moon, baby. :combust:

shari schultz said:
Is it possible to catch a cold through the internet? I think I am getting arw's ...........I am super tired and have the most scratchy and sore throat. I felt icky all day and then especially at the end of physical therapy :yuck:

:uhoh: :hug:

welll.....today SUCKED!!!!!!!! Work was actually slow. I think I got my month end out work out last week, which is always good. I'd rather be super busy a week before than the day of just in case I need things on a specific transation. Gives me time to get it but not if it's on month end.

One of my managers said to me "you poor thing" the other one, at 4:45 :der: told me to go home and rest. So I did. I just woke up :love:

I still feel like absolute crap but I'll have to get over it. Tomorrow is a busy day..........

Let's hope. I'm going to bring my mom to my new school for the first time (makes me feel like I'm about 12 but oh well). There's going to be two visiting chefs from the school in France. :love: Then it's off to baby shower #1 of I think 3 for my cousin. This is my first cousin and the one I know. I'm excited. Only 3 more weeks and the first great grandchild of the family will be here! The it's dinner and drinks at a fine Irish pub. I probably can skip that part but not the rest of my day :tsk:

My day tomorrow:
Work
Sit on couch
Prolly watch Pink Floyd's Live 8 set
Clean the living room since I skipped it last week
Go see Roger Waters :drool:

(I'm not excited about my ticket purchase AT ALL.)

Schmeg said:

Low of 45. T-storms.

:happy: We have lawn "seats," as that is all I could afford and even that is pushing it. We're going to be cold, wet, and I think at least half of us will be miserable. But Dark Side of the Moon, baby. :combust:

:up: Just wear a sweat shirt and buy one of those cheap rain ponchos if you dont have rain gear (basically a clear trash bag with a hood on it. :laugh: ) I have sat through alot of football games in the rain before. Its not that bad to sit or stand in it if you have the proper attire.

Have fun!

Blue Room said:

:up: Just wear a sweat shirt and buy one of those cheap rain ponchos if you dont have rain gear (basically a clear trash bag with a hood on it. :laugh: ) I have sat through alot of football games in the rain before. Its not that bad to sit or stand in it if you have the proper attire.

Have fun!
First of all, your sig creeps me out a little bit. :wink:

Second of all...every time I go to an outdoor concert, it is raining and unseasonably cold, so I know ALL ABOUT rain gear! :lol: I plan to put some of the airline blankets in the house to good use tomorrow. :D

Schmeg said:

Low of 45. T-storms.

:applaud:

If it makes you feel any better I will be watching mini fah soccer games in the rain tomorrow. It's been sunny and warm all week but do you think the weather could hold for soccer....

Rain poncho :up:

Schmeg said:

Low of 45. T-storms.

<<<sneaks in>>>
Have a great time at the show! There's a Roger Waters thread in JTBAC - stop by with a review. I'm going to next week's show at the Hollywood Bowl :drool:

<<<sneaks out>>> :wave:

It's sunny and 70 out right now. Please everyone cross your fingers, toes, and even eyes if you feel like it that the weather will be my friend tonight.

Sooooooooo last Saturday night we got out of the concert and I had a text and a voicemail from my brother. The voicemail was ALL of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and some cheering and then Jim randomly yelling into the phone. The song sounded JUST like it does EVERY DAY on Jack FM, so I didn't really understand the significance. Turns out he went to see Journey and Def Leppard last week. :lol: That is soooooo not my brother, who's classic rock/alternative/hardcore/just a little bit on the wrong side of emo for my tastes.

kellyahern said:
Hi Lila :wave:.

The best ponchos are those industrial strength yellow Disney ponchos with Mickey Mouse on the back. Those things were indestructable :up:.

The best poncho I ever got was the ones they gave out in Niagara Falls on the Maid Of The Mist boat. What made them the best was that they ended up giving me a mans size and it went down to my feet!

Schmeg said:
Sooooooooo last Saturday night we got out of the concert and I had a text and a voicemail from my brother. The voicemail was ALL of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and some cheering and then Jim randomly yelling into the phone. The song sounded JUST like it does EVERY DAY on Jack FM, so I didn't really understand the significance. Turns out he went to see Journey and Def Leppard last week. :lol: That is soooooo not my brother, who's classic rock/alternative/hardcore/just a little bit on the wrong side of emo for my tastes.

Jen wanted to go to that when it was here. I couldn't because of all the stairs.......I thought that it was an odd combination of acts :shrug:

I went into work today to get some things done and once there I realized I should have just stayed home in bed:
1. The ticket machine battery was not charged
2. The computer system was down because corporate is switching over from Saks to Bon Ton~ couldn't make signs
3. I felt horrendous

I left at 12:45 and went to purchase the U2 book and then came home and have slept the afternoon away. I hate colds.
How are you arw?

I have to say, kariann, that I LOVE the GAP commercial with Audrey Hepurn :heart: ~just thought I would share that with a Gap-ee.

Wishing dry thoughts for schmeg and company at the concert.

:sigh: I love it when I get dumped at the last minute. I had plans for tonight and now I don't. :happy: Good thing I rushed home from my afternoon so I could get ready to go out tonight. :| I got the "I thought you were sick and wouldn't want to go out so I made other plans.......in Wisconsin for the night." :| So glad I decided not to stop at the video store and rent a movie. I'm not in a good mood right now. Then I got a "let's do lunch tomorrow" quick fix for dumping me for the night comment. No thanks.

edit: Arw, we can be in a bad mood together :happy:
I tried to sleep - but kept getting phone calls from work :grumpy:.

Tell me, if someone fills out a rental agreement for 5 p.m. - 11 p.m., do you think they should show up at 3 p.m.?

Yeah, that's what I think too :mad:.

Anyway, unintentional football helmet humor:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rid....jpg?x=261&y=345&sig=25mbeC0J4bt1_q9Mn8h7SQ--

I know it's the University of Florida and they're going for the retro look this year, but an academic institution having a big ol' "F" on their helmet is f-u-n-n-y :giggle:.

Last edited:
I'm using my Saturday night pub money for the week and going to Best Buy later to get Zoo TV :grumpy: That's better than Guinness anyways, right? :uhoh: It just better be on sale!

:madwife: bestbuy.com lists it at $29.99 :scream: I have coupons for Borders but I don't have a printer to print them out. :mad: :sad: I refuse to spend that much on something I sort of have. If it was a completely new concert then I would have gotten it the day it came out.

Praying for good weather for Schmeg :fingerscrossed:
:hug: for arw9797 - maybe you should get a video or something. Make sure you do something fun - really! Don't let this person who screwed up your plans ruin the day for you! :hug:
The 'F' is funny kelly - :lol:

Hubby is going to the UCLA/Stanford game at the Rose Bowl tonight with some friends. Maddy is out at a 24 hour "Relay For Life" Cancer benefit thingy. She'll be up all night, and probably sleep all day tomorrow. Her best friend's Mom and I (my best buddy) volunteered for a couple of hours tonight to supervise or whatever they want us to do. But I've got a couple of hours to kill, and no one to shop with :|

I bought the zoo tv 2 disc set at Borders for 24.99 today (couldn't use a coupon because it was on sale already...........

Back
Top Bottom