Are you ready for some Randooooooooooooooooooooom - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #136
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Oh good! Eventually the laptop will have some sort of internet connection here and I'll be able to watch it, because I think my computer is pretty much sick until my dad can get out here.
bring some headphones to a library and use their computer

Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
"we have a gig today...it would be really really bad if I drowned" That's almost as good as the pavarotti thing.
ok, I just laugh snorted at that.............
Good stuff! Want more! NEED more!

Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:47 AM
My Zootv DVD came in the mail today . But now I am too tired to enjoy it .

My sister rescued at stray kitten at her workplace today (I posted about it in the cat thread ).
Old 09-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hello Randooom!

I guess I have been too busy arguing over in the Where The Album Has No Name forum.

Drove to Lansing this afternoon for a settlement conference for work. Sat in the hall for an hour, then our attorney came out and said they adjourned it until next month. Nothing like a complete waste of an afternoon!!

Shari I havent forgotten about the Bo Deans stuff. I will get to it soon. Football season!! I'm gone for most of the day every Saturday so it cuts my weekend in half unfortunately. So give me a little more time.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #140
arw
Blue Crack Addict

this is why I just totally love retail:

I had to work job #2 tonight. All day today I thought about calling in because I feel like absolute shit. I made it through job #1. I basically have to be on my death bed at this point to call into job #1. It's so busy there it's ridiculous. Plus sitting at a desk with warm drinks all day long is totally different than standing in a completely dead store with more people than needed. So I asked if I could leave. I said I didn't feel good. I had to specify where I didn't feel good. Am I 5? I said I felt like I was getting a cold. A cold????? was the response I recieved. I then said I felt completely worn out and just needed to go home. I was told to staighten the mens dept that was already straightened and then to come see her again. I cleaned up mens and then was ignorned twice. So then I finally said I was leaving. She gave me the snotty "if you're sick and feel like you can't make it then go home" answer. Then when I was walking out the door, I swear I heard her say something about "faking being sick" to another coworker

Why would I ask to leave a hour and a half early for no reason if I wasn't sick? I've never done it before. I'm really beginning to hate that place. At job #1, if I'm sick, I leave a voice mail for my boss. She checks her messages every day even if she's sick. But just as a back up, I always email my team and say I won't be in. No questions asked. If I don't feel good during the day and want to leave, I send my boss an email saying I'll be back tomorrow and my team knows I'm leaving. I just can't stand having to give my life story and justify that I don't feel good enough to be there. If the store was busy I could understand her attitude but it was dead and two people were at the registers talking and doing nothing.

I cannot wait to start school so I can quit that place!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:47 AM
That sucks. It's not like it's your career job anyway. It just seems messed up that they treat you like this on a part time job where you just went to get extra money.

You're an adult with a career and they're treating you like you're a teenager at your first job .
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
this is why I just totally love retail:

I had to work job #2 tonight. All day today I thought about calling in because I feel like absolute shit. I made it through job #1. I basically have to be on my death bed at this point to call into job #1. It's so busy there it's ridiculous. Plus sitting at a desk with warm drinks all day long is totally different than standing in a completely dead store with more people than needed. So I asked if I could leave. I said I didn't feel good. I had to specify where I didn't feel good. Am I 5? I said I felt like I was getting a cold. A cold????? was the response I recieved. I then said I felt completely worn out and just needed to go home. I was told to staighten the mens dept that was already straightened and then to come see her again. I cleaned up mens and then was ignorned twice. So then I finally said I was leaving. She gave me the snotty "if you're sick and feel like you can't make it then go home" answer. Then when I was walking out the door, I swear I heard her say something about "faking being sick" to another coworker

Why would I ask to leave a hour and a half early for no reason if I wasn't sick? I've never done it before. I'm really beginning to hate that place. At job #1, if I'm sick, I leave a voice mail for my boss. She checks her messages every day even if she's sick. But just as a back up, I always email my team and say I won't be in. No questions asked. If I don't feel good during the day and want to leave, I send my boss an email saying I'll be back tomorrow and my team knows I'm leaving. I just can't stand having to give my life story and justify that I don't feel good enough to be there. If the store was busy I could understand her attitude but it was dead and two people were at the registers talking and doing nothing.

I cannot wait to start school so I can quit that place!
That is ridiculous. If I'm not feeling well I just tell my team and I leave. If I went to my boss about it he would be like "yeah, why are you telling me?"

By the way arw, where is the pumpkin bread? I bet you sent it all to Schmeg didnt you!?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Hello Randooom!

I guess I have been too busy arguing over in the Where The Album Has No Name forum.

Drove to Lansing this afternoon for a settlement conference for work. Sat in the hall for an hour, then our attorney came out and said they adjourned it until next month. Nothing like a complete waste of an afternoon!!

Shari I havent forgotten about the Bo Deans stuff. I will get to it soon. Football season!! I'm gone for most of the day every Saturday so it cuts my weekend in half unfortunately. So give me a little more time.
BR, don't worry about it......... it is worth waiting for Enjoy the football season
Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #144
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

By the way arw, where is the pumpkin bread? I bet you sent it all to Schmeg didnt you!?

I didn't make any yet. Next weekend.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #145
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Good evening Randoooomers

And for those of you who collect random pics of the Edge in the new People magazine (best dressed issue) there is an ad with the Edge on it (full page). I only glanced it while I was getting my hair done today.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:43 AM   #146
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fah
Good evening Randoooomers

And for those of you who collect random pics of the Edge in the new People magazine (best dressed issue) there is an ad with the Edge on it (full page). I only glanced it while I was getting my hair done today.
How did I miss this?!?!?!? I looked at this magazine on Wed. while I was getting my MRI..............
Wow, I'm slipping
Old 09-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I just love the fluctuating Fallish weather and the headaches that come along with it....have had my first ongoing one from yesterday until today.

I really should get dressed since I have things to do before going to work tonight.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

results of MRI:
arthritis under knee cap
Taking celebrex now.
Had a fun cortizone shot in the knee and went to make PT appts (2x's a week for 4 weeks)......................I still cannot straighten my knee out when I walk, though, and that bothers me.........time, I will give it time. Heel, toe, heel, toe

I believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel
Old 09-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

I believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel
Now all you need is a Packers win and a Badgers loss!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I didn't make any yet. Next weekend.
I bet Schmeg will fly up there just to get it fresh!

I have to say, it does look like fall today. I love it!