Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
082403kaeding.jpg

Hi ladies... I'm single, 15 years old, and I had an NFL career that lasted exactly 1 year.
POOR GUY! DID THAT REMIND YOU OF U2'S STUCK IN A MOMENT VIDEO OR WHAT! JOHN MADDEN WAS EVEN ANNOUNCING!:|

Lemon Meringue said:
Yes, Moss makes all of us Viking fans so proud. :|

Why does Mike Tice put up with his bullshit?

I think the whole "walking off the field is a unifying moment of the Vikings" is absolutely fallacious. If anything, I would think Randy's antics serve as a distraction.

The fact that Tice doesn't discipline Randy causes me to lose respect for Tice as a coach. I cannot believe that walking off the field at the end of the game did not warrant internal discipline from the Vikings.

As a Vikings fan, I am ashamed of his 'celebration'. That kind of thing only breeds bad feelings. The Packers fans are good fans and did not deserve that. I am sorry he did it, I think it detracts from his performance.

JessicaAnn said:

Why does Mike Tice put up with his bullshit?

Randy Moss- 6 thousand yard seasons, career 15.9 yards per catch average, two 100+ catch seasons, 13 touchdown per season average, 7 years- $66 million left on his contract

Mike Tice- 23-25 record as Vikings Coach, two straight seasons with hot starts and crap finishes to the regular season, 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff victory (yesterday), 1 year- $1 million left on his contract.

that's why.

if this was bill parcells, bill bellichik, andy reid, john gruden... anyone with a super bowl ring and/or a winning reputation... moss would be in serious trouble. but this isn't... this is mike tice, a guy with a losing record and a team with a history of choking, yesterday's win not withstanding.

i'd like to stick up for my fellow long islanders, but tice doesn't have a leg to stand on right now. it's a lot easier to fire a coach with 1 million on his salary, which doesn't count against the salary cap, then it is to get rid of a probowl widereciever with $66 million left, all of which counts against the cap.

welcome to professional sports. money talks, bullshit walks.

so moss will continue to walk off the field with time left on the clock and pretend to take a dump in the endzone. unless he actually drops trow and take an actuall poop on the field at lincoln financial this weekend, i don't think he'll actually be suspended. but i'm sure the NFL will give him a nice hefty fine.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

Randy Moss- 6 thousand yard seasons, career 15.9 yards per catch average, two 100+ catch seasons, 13 touchdown per season average, 7 years- $66 million left on his contract

Mike Tice- 23-25 record as Vikings Coach, two straight seasons with hot starts and crap finishes to the regular season, 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff victory (yesterday), 1 year- $1 million left on his contract.

that's why.

if this was bill parcells, bill bellichik, andy reid, john gruden... anyone with a super bowl ring and/or a winning reputation... moss would be in serious trouble. but this isn't... this is mike tice, a guy with a losing record and a team with a history of choking, yesterday's win not withstanding.

i'd like to stick up for my fellow long islanders, but tice doesn't have a leg to stand on right now. it's a lot easier to fire a coach with 1 million on his salary, which doesn't count against the salary cap, then it is to get rid of a probowl widereciever with $66 million left, all of which counts against the cap.

welcome to professional sports. money talks, bullshit walks.

so moss will continue to walk off the field with time left on the clock and pretend to take a dump in the endzone. unless he actually drops trow and take an actuall poop on the field at lincoln financial this weekend, i don't think he'll actually be suspended. but i'm sure the NFL will give him a nice hefty fine.

Yes, money talks ... blah, blah, blah.

What if I had no respect for my boss and and because I didn't agree with what she was presenting in a meeting I decided to leave the meeting early because I was afraid I would do something "stupid" (Moss claimed he left early because he didn't want to get penalized for throwing his helmet, etc).

My boss would hand me my ass on a plate. Moss is paid to play and be on the field and there is no excuse for him leaving a game early.

I don't expect the NFL to fine Moss for what he did in the endzone, I think it's up to the Vikings organization to deal with Moss.

Last edited:
I don't think he's going to be punished, I just found out why he did it, if this makes any difference. Tony Dungy said in a press conference that a group of drunken, rowdy Packers fans had a tradition of chasing vanquished visiting teams to their Lambeau locker rooms mooning them- not just what Moss did but with actual bare butts! Dungy said he had endured the humiliation many times as coach of the Bucs, and knew exactly the statement Moss was trying to make as soon as he saw it. At least he kept his pants on;)

Now they say he's gonna get a fine, but the history of mooning story is still interesting.

here's a pic of Dallas Clark in action for Stray Dog

section-image-098925-8902.jpg

i think it was hysterical and i really dont see why such a big deal is being made over it really. its not like he actually dropped trow

in bill i trust.

going to have to add a lot of pressure to manning. and they really are going to need the pressure big time. at least harrison and wilson are healthy.

to be honest, its freeny i worry about the most.

U2Kitten said:
Now they say he's gonna get a fine, but the history of mooning story is still interesting.

here's a pic of Dallas Clark in action for Stray Dog

section-image-098925-8902.jpg
"Come here Mr. Lynch"

StlElevation said:

to be honest, its freeny i worry about the most.

I have this feeling that the Pats' offense is going to explode on Sunday. I think they feel that nobody is talking about them at all, and they will be out to prove something. I won't be surprised at all if they score 30-40 points, and I think our defense can hold Manning off if we do that.

The Colts' defense may well be thinking the same thing, no one is thinking about us, wait, we're ready to cut loose! ;)

Well clearly the Colts have no worries this weekend, they should already be booking their hotel in Pittsburgh. Vanderjagt has already said the Patriots are "ripe for the picking".
Manning of course will have to work a little, his leading receiver from last year's AFC Championship game is out on injured reserve, but no worries, there's no doubt the Colts are the class of the league and will stomp the Pats.

Hewson said:
Well clearly the Colts have no worries this weekend, they should already be booking their hotel in Pittsburgh. Vanderjagt has already said the Patriots are "ripe for the picking".
Manning of course will have to work a little, his leading receiver from last year's AFC Championship game is out on injured reserve, but no worries, there's no doubt the Colts are the class of the league and will stomp the Pats.

Funny, I recall people saying the same thing last year at this time.

I'm surprised the kicker said that, it's Dungy's way to not give anyone any lockerroom wall fodder. The Colts already have some, several Patriots quoted as saying they were 'soft as babies' butts' and 'they know we're they're daddies.' I hate stuff like this, but I guess it adds to the hype and storyline. True, I am a Colts fan, but really, having Manning in the Super Bowl would be a good thing for the NFL too, with all his hype. I really think they were disappointed last year that the Colts-Eagles match didn't work out, it would have been a lot more exciting. Really, it is more fun to see different people have a chance anyway.

what could have been more exciting than last years super bowl? the fact that it went down to the last seconds, again?

U2Kitten said:
I'm surprised the kicker said that, it's Dungy's way to not give anyone any lockerroom wall fodder. The Colts already have some, several Patriots quoted as saying they were 'soft as babies' butts' and 'they know we're they're daddies.'

Um, better read that guy's column again. That Indy Star reporter made those comments up because he knows there won't be a peep coming from the Pats this week, unlike that stupid Colts kicker...

But Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme aren't as exciting as Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.
The NFL knows it needs to "cut that meat, cut that meat" and eat its "Chuuuunky sooooouup", and thats whats really exciting, not good football.

Hewson said:
But Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme aren't as exciting as Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb.
The NFL knows it needs to "cut that meat, cut that meat" and eat its "Chuuuunky sooooouup", and thats whats really exciting, not good football.

I think people changed their minds when last year's Super Bowl turned out to be one of the best ever.

Do people want to see Manning and McNabb? Sure. But this is the NFL, and most people know, that in any game, no matter who is playing, anything can happen.

Everyone thought last year's Super Bowl would be the biggest bore. So much for that.

Hewson said:
Mastercard and Campbell's have huge contracts with the NFL to guarantee their glamour boys will meet on Feb 6th.

Money talks.

I can only hope so, but going by last year I believe if the league could have or would have rigged those games they would have. I want a Colts-Eagles (if not a Colts-Vikings) Super Bowl, but fair of course!

Back
Top Bottom