Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How was the temperatuure at the Jets/Pats game?
Did you get to watch the Giants/Bungle game first? When the Bungles scored to take the lead, the fans started tossing snow in the air, and the Fox #8 announcing team was like..."look at these clever fans throwing snow in celebration", gee wonder where they learned that trick?
Anyway, a serious question about your Manning...how tall is Eleaf? One of his passes hit a D-Lineman in the head, the decisive pick was a batted ball at just above head level...is he short by QB standards? I know he's not Flutie sized, but is he like only 6' or so?

Peyton is 6'5" and while I don't know the official height of Eli, I have seen him standing next to his brother and there doesn't appear to be that much difference.

If thats the case, he needs a lot of work on his mechanics regarding his release point.
I know Peyton is prototype QB height, didn't know what Eleaf's stature was.

joe montana was 6'2" :shrug:

how about we pick on chad pennington for a while? eli's taken enough of a beating, both figuretively and literaly... chad, on the other hand, goes out and stinks up the joint, and then tells us all that we should be honored to watch him play. what's up with that?

and hewson i only saw the first half of the giants game... and it was at least 20 degrees with a decent wind blowing... and of course we took the new jersey transit bus over from the port authority, so we had to wait until the game was over before we could leave... i froze my nuts off... thus i know speak in a higher pitch

Headache in a Suitcase said:
joe montana was 6'2" :shrug:
Thats my point kind of, Eli needs some work on his mechanics, he seems to be releasing the ball too low, I mean he's hitting D-linemen in the head. Montana was as mechanically sound as you get, even Flutie at 4'3" has been able to overcome the height issue by finding passing lanes between linemen and throwing the ball at the proper release point.

As for Pennington...if he stinks up the joint Sat night in SD, the NY media will run him out of town on a rail, he may never recover.

And I thought on draft day that the Cowpokes had a steal with Julius Jones, having watched him a lot at Notre Dame.

082403kaeding.jpg

Hi ladies... I'm single, 15 years old, and I had an NFL career that lasted exactly 1 year.

couldnt have had 2 better games today, hopefully the rest of the playoffs will be this good

if the rams and minny win next week the rams will host the nfc championship game

how sweet would that be

On the topic of Joe Montana being 6'2" you have to consider that players have gotten taller. As offensive and defensive linemen got taller the QBs had to to see over their heads. So Joe was not a bad size in his time, not that it's a bad size now.

I am happy since both my favorites won today :happy: :dance: such things don't usually happen to me. I hope it holds out!

U2Kitten said:
On the topic of Joe Montana being 6'2" you have to consider that players have gotten taller. As offensive and defensive linemen got taller the QBs had to to see over their heads. So Joe was not a bad size in his time, not that it's a bad size now.

dan marino was 6'5"

6'2" was considred undersized for a QB even in Montana's day... not flutie-esque by any streatch of the imagination, but he was still considered undersized. it was his size that let him slip in the draft.

not that it matters.

Didn't get to see the indy game; did Dallas Clark play? I would like to have seen him t off on lynch.

Back
Top Bottom