Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i can't say enough how much i hate refs...

early in the 1st quarter, the jets were offsides, a bengals lineman holds the offsides guy so he doesn't paralyze carson palmer... palmer hits a 30 yard pass for a first down... and they call off-setting penalties.

now at the end of the 2nd quarter, they rule that the ball was a fumble after reviewing it... the bengals clearly recover the fumble... but they give the ball back to the jets :scratch: what the hell?

kurt warner looking good

shockey dropped an easy td pass

is he the most overrated player in the league or what

Chizip said:
kurt warner looking good

shockey dropped an easy td pass

is he the most overrated player in the league or what

He's one of the most annoying. Bring back Bavaro. Humble plays so much better than arrogant.

i don't htink i've ever seen defense as bad as the defense the giants played today... every single completion mcnabb made was to a wide figgin open reciever. they're horrific.

eli needs to start next week... what in the hell is the point of playing warner if you're gonna be this bad? let the kid get some reps

U2Kitten said:

I'd LOVE to play the pickem and predictions NFL game, but I do not feel like dealing with the stress and aggravation that comes from my posts being shadowed and picked at by a certain poster. It would be fun though!
??
Whats this all about? If you want to participate, just participate.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't htink i've ever seen defense as bad as the defense the giants played today... every single completion mcnabb made was to a wide figgin open reciever. they're horrific.
I was wondering if they'd re-signed Elvis "Toast" Patterson, then cloned him 3 times and started him at all 4 secondary positions.

eli.jpg

welcome to the NFL, kid...

Hewson said:
Me and my wallet (under 42.5) saw how bad it was.

i actually thought the 9 points the eagles were favored by was too much, and almost took the giants... i'm glad i didn't...

their offense is fine, warner's still got somethin' left... but damn, there defense is horrific. take the over EVER game.

Last edited:
If he doesn't learn to keep his eyes open, he won't have a very long career, that was a pretty nasty hit, they don't hit like that at Miss St and So. Carolina.

Hewson said:
If he doesn't learn to keep his eyes open, he won't have a very long career, that was a pretty nasty hit, they don't hit like that at Miss St and So. Carolina.

that hit aside, he played pretty well in his 2 1/2 minutes of garbaggo time... warner also played well, but if the defense is gonna be this friggin horrific, what is the point of playing the veteran? just play the rookie, let him take his knocks, and let him learn on the job.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

their offense is fine, warner's still got somethin' left... but damn, there defense is horrific. take the over EVERY game.
Sad thing is I thought I was gonna sneak away with a win cause the 2nd half bogged down because the game was so lopsided, until Tiki rips off a 72 yd run with 2:25 left...how do you let that happen?

Hewson said:

Sad thing is I thought I was gonna sneak away with a win cause the 2nd half bogged down because the game was so lopsided, until Tiki rips off a 72 yd run with 2:25 left...how do you let that happen?

i have tiki as my backup running back on my other fantasy team, so i was lovin' life when that happened.

i'll be hating life next week when shawn alexander sits out and tiki fumbles 5 times :madspit:

but as for the run... philly's defense really ain't that good, IMO. i thought it going in, i still think it. their secondary stinks, too. if the giants could've just friggin held on to the ball when it hit 'em right in the hands, they might have been able to stay in it for a half

Last edited:
:madspit: Panthers just lost season opener to Green Bay, 24-14. Defense was OK, but offense lost this game.... now we get to listen to all those "Told ya' Panthers were a flash in the pan" eggheads. Grrrrr :mad:

Oh well, I wasn't expecting a 16-0 season. Congrats to all our resident Cheeseheads on a game well played. :up: ;)

i won my 1st round matchup in my other fantasy league... the won where there's actually a bit of cash on the line (but not really because gambling is wrong and illegal and i do not partake in illegal activity in case anyone is watching :shifty:), by a whopping 0.45 points... i had steve smith, he had longwell... one more packers TD or FG and I woulda been screwed. thank goodness for penalties :up: knock them suckers back and force 'em to punt

Back
Top Bottom