Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread. - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
if the rams and minny win next week the rams will host the nfc championship game

how sweet would that be
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 09:50 PM
wait...they're in the NFC, so it's really not that much of a long shot.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Lemon Meringue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Here
Posts: 3,851
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Yes, Moss makes all of us Viking fans so proud.
__________________
Lemon Meringue is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #184
Refugee
 
stray dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 1,030
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


Hi ladies... I'm single, 15 years old, and I had an NFL career that lasted exactly 1 year.
POOR GUY! DID THAT REMIND YOU OF U2'S STUCK IN A MOMENT VIDEO OR WHAT! JOHN MADDEN WAS EVEN ANNOUNCING!
__________________
stray dog is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by stray dog

POOR GUY! DID THAT REMIND YOU OF U2'S STUCK IN A MOMENT VIDEO OR WHAT! JOHN MADDEN WAS EVEN ANNOUNCING!
not really. the holder wasn't a big pink bunny.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 11:40 PM   #186
Refugee
 
stray dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 1,030
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


not really. the holder wasn't a big pink bunny.
Are you telling me that you didn't see that bunny?
__________________
stray dog is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 06:58 AM   #187
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemon Meringue
Yes, Moss makes all of us Viking fans so proud.
Why does Mike Tice put up with his bullshit?

I think the whole "walking off the field is a unifying moment of the Vikings" is absolutely fallacious. If anything, I would think Randy's antics serve as a distraction.

The fact that Tice doesn't discipline Randy causes me to lose respect for Tice as a coach. I cannot believe that walking off the field at the end of the game did not warrant internal discipline from the Vikings.
__________________
JessicaAnn is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 09:50 PM
As a Vikings fan, I am ashamed of his 'celebration'. That kind of thing only breeds bad feelings. The Packers fans are good fans and did not deserve that. I am sorry he did it, I think it detracts from his performance.
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #189
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn


Why does Mike Tice put up with his bullshit?
Randy Moss- 6 thousand yard seasons, career 15.9 yards per catch average, two 100+ catch seasons, 13 touchdown per season average, 7 years- $66 million left on his contract

Mike Tice- 23-25 record as Vikings Coach, two straight seasons with hot starts and crap finishes to the regular season, 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff victory (yesterday), 1 year- $1 million left on his contract.



that's why.

if this was bill parcells, bill bellichik, andy reid, john gruden... anyone with a super bowl ring and/or a winning reputation... moss would be in serious trouble. but this isn't... this is mike tice, a guy with a losing record and a team with a history of choking, yesterday's win not withstanding.

i'd like to stick up for my fellow long islanders, but tice doesn't have a leg to stand on right now. it's a lot easier to fire a coach with 1 million on his salary, which doesn't count against the salary cap, then it is to get rid of a probowl widereciever with $66 million left, all of which counts against the cap.

welcome to professional sports. money talks, bullshit walks.

so moss will continue to walk off the field with time left on the clock and pretend to take a dump in the endzone. unless he actually drops trow and take an actuall poop on the field at lincoln financial this weekend, i don't think he'll actually be suspended. but i'm sure the NFL will give him a nice hefty fine.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 09:50 PM

I have to admit, had he done that in Dallas I'd have laughed
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #191
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


Randy Moss- 6 thousand yard seasons, career 15.9 yards per catch average, two 100+ catch seasons, 13 touchdown per season average, 7 years- $66 million left on his contract

Mike Tice- 23-25 record as Vikings Coach, two straight seasons with hot starts and crap finishes to the regular season, 1 playoff appearance, 1 playoff victory (yesterday), 1 year- $1 million left on his contract.



that's why.

if this was bill parcells, bill bellichik, andy reid, john gruden... anyone with a super bowl ring and/or a winning reputation... moss would be in serious trouble. but this isn't... this is mike tice, a guy with a losing record and a team with a history of choking, yesterday's win not withstanding.

i'd like to stick up for my fellow long islanders, but tice doesn't have a leg to stand on right now. it's a lot easier to fire a coach with 1 million on his salary, which doesn't count against the salary cap, then it is to get rid of a probowl widereciever with $66 million left, all of which counts against the cap.

welcome to professional sports. money talks, bullshit walks.

so moss will continue to walk off the field with time left on the clock and pretend to take a dump in the endzone. unless he actually drops trow and take an actuall poop on the field at lincoln financial this weekend, i don't think he'll actually be suspended. but i'm sure the NFL will give him a nice hefty fine.
Yes, money talks ... blah, blah, blah.

What if I had no respect for my boss and and because I didn't agree with what she was presenting in a meeting I decided to leave the meeting early because I was afraid I would do something "stupid" (Moss claimed he left early because he didn't want to get penalized for throwing his helmet, etc).

My boss would hand me my ass on a plate. Moss is paid to play and be on the field and there is no excuse for him leaving a game early.

I don't expect the NFL to fine Moss for what he did in the endzone, I think it's up to the Vikings organization to deal with Moss.
__________________
JessicaAnn is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 09:50 PM
I don't think he's going to be punished, I just found out why he did it, if this makes any difference. Tony Dungy said in a press conference that a group of drunken, rowdy Packers fans had a tradition of chasing vanquished visiting teams to their Lambeau locker rooms mooning them- not just what Moss did but with actual bare butts! Dungy said he had endured the humiliation many times as coach of the Bucs, and knew exactly the statement Moss was trying to make as soon as he saw it. At least he kept his pants on
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Now they say he's gonna get a fine, but the history of mooning story is still interesting.

here's a pic of Dallas Clark in action for Stray Dog

__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 09:50 PM
i think it was hysterical and i really dont see why such a big deal is being made over it really. its not like he actually dropped trow
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 01-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:50 PM
baring a snow storm... how exactly are the pats supposed to stop the colts offense without ty law or poole? if belichick really is the mad genious we think he is, he's gonna have to come up with something extra special this weekend...
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com