Are you ready for some football? The official 2004-05 NFL Thread. - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:44 PM
peyton sits just 2 off the record... which apparently is an over-rated record, seeing as peyton manning is so over-rated... riiiight

Old 12-20-2004, 05:24 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
and all those who were comparing eli to ryan leaf can now shove it, thank you very much... he played very well today.
182 yds, 2TD and 1 int...he played well, I wouldn't say "very" well.
And if you check the illustrious Mr. Leaf's resume, he had a few games with better numbers than those, so Eli's still on the Leaf watch.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:45 AM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
182 yds, 2TD and 1 int...he played well, I wouldn't say "very" well.
And if you check the illustrious Mr. Leaf's resume, he had a few games with better numbers than those, so Eli's still on the Leaf watch.
did you watch the game? he played very well... the 1 INT was not even his fault... it was at the end of the game, and the reciever, who was in single coverage... i forget wither it was toomer or hilliard... i think toomer... got tripped up and fell down and the ball fell right into the cornerback's hands. eli had full command of the offense, and the giants put up 30 points... which, for this giants team, is a miracle in it's own right.

eli went to the coaches before the game and told him the plays he was comfortable with and the ones he wasn't comfortable with... and it showed. when they went to a 5 out set, he was very very good.

i was very impressed with his play, and it gave me a great hope for the future, despite the loss.

but, of course, some people hate the manning family so much that they can't even give credit due when one of them throws 47 touchdown passes, so i wouldn't imagine Eli would get credit due for his performance saturday.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

look headache, you know how much i respect peyton.

i still think Eli should be on the Leaf Watch though.

1 good game does not a great quarterback make.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Headache is your last name Manning?
You seem to take a lot of the ribbing the tractor brothers get here personally.
Besides I think that Ricky Manning is a fine DB.

I did say Eli played well, just not "very" well.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:43 AM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

ryan leaf and peyton manning had very similar numbers after their first 5 games as pro's... there are reasons why one has become the hands down, no questions asked best quarterback in the league today, and why the other isn't even in the league anymore... numbers don't tell the entire story.

eli was composed, showed great leadership, toughness and looked very comfortable with the adjustments that HE has made to the offense durring the week. the fact, alone, that he actually stepped up and went to the coaching staff and asked them to take some plays out and work some other plays that he was more comfortable with IS a sign of maturity and leadership in it's own right.

what you don't see from Eli is sulking in the press, a short temper and a bad attitude. that is exactly what you DID see from ryan leaf. ryan leaf was a headcase. he had the tools to be a great quarterback in the NFL... he wouldn't have been drafted so high if he didn't. eli does not have these same issues. his head is screwed on right, or at least that's the impression that you get from him. if the new york media caught on to even the slightest bit of premadona from eli, the slightest bit of the same problems that ultimately drove ryan leaf out of the NFL, they would be all over him like vultures. they're not... they haven't found anything yet, and trust me... they're looking. the kid says all the right stuff.

and yes... saying the right stuff and being able to handle the very tough new york media also does not a great quarterback make. but when you obviously have the physical tools for the job, and ya' got the moxy and the mind for the job, then the only thing left is to simply get used to the job.

so yes... i'm very confident after watching eli lead the horrific giants offense to 30 points against a defense that, just one week earlier, i watched make chad pennington look stupid... and a defense that has already made the mcnabb led eagles have by far their worst game of the season, as well as beating the brady led patriots, with brady throwing two picks. if the giants secondary could stop ANYONE, the steelers would be sitting with two loses today, and you, hewson, would be singing eli's praises for helping give your patsies home field throughout the playoffs.

so no... i'm not quite ready to put eli on the ryan leaf watch just yet.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

on a side note... in my other fantasy football league, the one where i actually have money on it, i'm down 13 points with Brady & Vinatieri going tonight... my opponent has no one playing tonight.

if i win, i face my friend and biggest fantasy football rival for the title...

but one game at a time... let's go pats...
Old 12-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

The only good team in the NFC just got bad real quick...

T.O. is out for the season... slight chance that he could return for the Super Bowl, but with him out, I have just a slight inkling that the Eagles won't have to worry about making that decision...
Old 12-21-2004, 05:14 AM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
on a side note... in my other fantasy football league, the one where i actually have money on it, i'm down 13 points with Brady & Vinatieri going tonight... my opponent has no one playing tonight.

if i win, i face my friend and biggest fantasy football rival for the title...

but one game at a time... let's go pats...
despite tom fricken brady doing everything in his power to make he lose an unloseable game, i still managed to pull it out by a whopping 3 points...

nice of him to throw three fricken' INTs against the stellar Dolphins...

my third string QB ended up with more points than both of my starters... go figure.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:23 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Brady knew this year's formula...win 6, lose 1, win 6, lose 1...sets up the Pats for another SuperBowl title.

Anyway, I shut it off at 28-17, they should have never lost that game, must have been the orange jerseys.

And suddenly the NFC looks wide open, I'd still make the Iggles the favorites, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Atlanta or Carolina (if they can sneak in) to get to J-Ville.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:28 AM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

if i were a betting man... which i am... i'd put some bucks on whatever NFC team is the biggest longshot, 'cause it's soooo damned wide open now with TO out, that whoever sneaks into that 6 seed honestly has a decent chance of getting to the super bowl.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
if i were a betting man... which i am... i'd put some bucks on whatever NFC team is the biggest longshot, 'cause it's soooo damned wide open now with TO out, that whoever sneaks into that 6 seed honestly has a decent chance of getting to the super bowl.
Which to me would be Carolina. Of course if they sneak in as #6, when the new odds to reach/win the Superbowl get posted, they won't be the longest shot on the board even though they're #6 seed. they will be the hottest NFC tem heading into the playoffs if they make it at 8-8, having gone 7-1 down the stretch, and would be at smaller odds than GB, Minn, Sea or St Lou...the only teams with lower odds in the NFC would be Phi or Atl, and thats only due to bye weeks.
Of course the Panthers may stumble in the next 2 weeks anyway, maybe the Aints will grab the 6 seed.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #148
Blue Crack Distributor

yes... the giants... at 5 and 9 with 7 straight loses... are still mathamaticly alive for the playoffs... god the nfc blows
Old 12-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

And in the AFC, Buffalo, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Denver are all 8-6 and only one will make the playoffs.
My money's on the Jags.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 PM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

just got back from the Jet-Patriot game...

... ok I lied... I just got back from the bar, where I went after the Jet-Patriot game...

sat 10 rows behind Fireman Ed... was a shitty game, cold as fuck, not even a Jets fan... but eh... had a good time anyway
Attached Thumbnails
jets.jpg