are you ready for a new FOOTBALL THREAD?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vaz02 said:
United v Barceloan semi is mouth wattering.

I wouldn't count on that so easily mate

I mean , Barca , with all respect to 04 , is already on it

But Roma is a pretty solid team , and that 7' beating last year may serve as extra strenght for them

Sure M United today has the top 3 squad of Europe , but still .....

Roma this time got a pretty good deffense , Juan is a hell of player , their midfield is also pretty effective

I think the result will come based on deffense . Meaning , Ronaldo & Rooney , Mancini & Totti .....

The winner will be the one with more sucess in stopping the other's best options of attack

^ Aye it did, last time i checked the orginal thread had 300k + views.

Btw if you mean Vaz not Vag im a newcastle fan.

Poor villa today, what a disaster.
David James did well today, he can be either hit or miss for England but seems consistant for pompy. Defoe 6/6 for him.
Watch out arsenal and united, chelsea are coming :ohmy: .

david james :mad:

on the form of his life now, why couldn't he do that in the 2000 FA cup final :mad:

can't believe fulham beat everton. didn't see that one coming. the relegation battle will be very interesting this year. birmingham vs newcastle tomorrow is a real 6 pointer.

It really is make or break tomorrow, it be a real reality check for the rest of the geordie-nation who believe we are too much of a " big club" to go down.
I laughed reading the sunday papers this morning, seems a spaniard wants to replace Keegan.

King Kev ? surely not.

We scraped by at Derby. Had a load of chances though so we fully deserved the win. Another Arsenal slip up :up:

If Newcastle lose tonight, it will be a total disaster. I'm kind of enjoying seeing them suffering right now, but I am starting to feel sorry for KK.

Lets have some LIverpool and DIC pun fun.

'More DIC heading Liverpool's way?'
"DIC to probe American's"
'DIC to splash out on Liverpool'
"Liverpool fans beg for more DIC"
"Tim Sherwood tells setanta sports he is disillusioned with Liverpools DIC obsession"
'Tim Sherwood unhappy about Liverpool's DIC'
'Benitez plea for DIC to solve internal issues"
Americans sell out for DIC
DIC set to reshuffle Liverpool management
Liverpool says 'We accept DIC'
Liverpool set for new era under DIC
Gerrard optimistic about new DIC offer
DIC comes to town
DIC is the saviour
Hicks wary of DIC's cloudy offer
New stadium to be named DIC Arena
Liverpool announce new stand, The DIC end
Liverpool is the new home of DIC
Fans anguish at lack of DIC Movement
Fans ask 'Why won't DIC come?'
Hicks is fending off DIC
One minute DIC's in the next minute DIC's out
----------------------------------------------------

I had a dream last night that newcastle lost 2-0 and i was walking round a train station with no shoes on.

a draw doesn't really help either team.apparently newcastle played well in the second half. which means if they can't keep that and beat fulham at the weekend there will be real problems. mind you fulham are playing alright at the moment. beating us, everton and getting a draw at blackburn isn't to be sniffed at.

Our passing was atrocious, I'd love to know what the hell we do in training. It's not exactly rocket science to be able to string a couple of passes together without giving away possession. The likes of Joey Barton, Geremi etc being the main culprits.

That brings me onto another point, Geremi is meant to be decent at set pieces yet at corners he very rarely beats the first man, yet he tries the same thing over and over. Seriously what is the point.

We could have won but as mentioned lack any sort of cutting edge, it digs in deep when we struggle to do anything against teams like Birmingham these days. The only real positive was that we didn't lose and actually showed a bit of fight to come back from a goal down. I'm sick of saying this now, but this weekend is a must win game against Fulham, if we don't win that then I fear the worst.

did you see when he punched shaun maloney in the penalty area in the game against villa? ref didn't see it so nothing came of it. absolute thug. he deserved nothing less than the 4-1 scoreline. his comments about england players making cash off writing books straight after the awful world cup exit were quite funny though.

^Agreed. :up:

If we can put away the sort of chance we had at Derby when we play Bolton tonight, it should be an easy 3 pts. But they always seem to step up their game against us. Gits. At home though, so they're gonna have to work hard.

I can't see us losing. Imagine that. We lose and Chelsea win...suddenly, they're top for the first time in months!:sad:

Not gonna happen tho :rockon:

If that happened all of a sudden all the pundits would be like, i knew chelsea would win the league all along :rolleyes:

2-0 and 3pts clear. Lovely stuff. Ronaldo up to 33 goals now, and beaten Best's record of 32 for a utd winger. :up:

I havent seen any of the Spurs v Chelsea action yet, tho it sounds like Cole got off with a yellow for a nasty challenge on Hutton.

Gratz to Ronaldo, if this boy gets any better he may well become the greatest player ever.

Sears for west ham. Only just turned 18 and already he's resorted to diving. He had a good game too and was unlucky to score.

Predictions for super sunday lads.

Im going for 1-1 draws all around.

3-0. What a result. Reina was awful and Mascharano was practically begging to be sent off from the moment he got his first yellow. What he did to get the second was just stupid. He obviously needs someone to teach him what things you're not supposed to say to the ref. Or at least, not right in his face!

0-0 in the next game will do nicely thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom