Are you left-brained or right-brained? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Are you left-brained or right-brained?

interesting little test...


FIND THE MAN IN THE COFFEE BEANS IN THE IMAGE BELOW.

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, your right half of your brain is better developed than most people.

If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, your right half of the brain is developed normally.

If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein.

If you have not found the man after 3 minutes, the advice is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger!!!


And, yes, the man is really there!!!


__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, your right half of the brain is developed normally.
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, your right half of the brain is developed normally.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 05:40 PM
i got a right brian that function normal
__________________
waynetravis is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Re: Are you left-brained or right-brained?

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, your right half of your brain is better developed than most people.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 11:40 AM
I am so smart - 5 seconds (yes, I was timing myself).
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
A left-brained colleague spent about 5 minutes analyzing how she should go about looking for the man, lol.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Phew... It was under a minute that's for sure... I was starting to doubt my brain...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
A left-brained colleague spent about 5 minutes analyzing how she should go about looking for the man, lol.
that's pretty much what I just did, I felt kinda dumb when I found him because I didn't realize that was what I Was supposed to be looking for
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I am so smart - 5 seconds (yes, I was timing myself).
Well actually....

it isn't a smartness test.

Though yes, of course, you are smart. We know this.

Maybe everyone doesn't know the difference between left-brained and right-brained (I always get them mixed up myself, being right-brained and all) so, for those who don't:

http://www.funderstanding.com/right_left_brain.cfm
Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain:
Logical
Sequential
Rational
Analytical
Objective
Looks at parts

Right Brain:
Random
Intuitive
Holistic
Synthesizing
Subjective
Looks at wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212


that's pretty much what I just did, I felt kinda dumb when I found him because I didn't realize that was what I Was supposed to be looking for
not dumb at all, just slightly more left-brained is all--you probably do well on tests that require logical, analytical thinking
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


Well actually....

it isn't a smartness test.

Though yes, of course, you are smart. We know this.

Maybe everyone doesn't know the difference between left-brained and right-brained (I always get them mixed up myself, being right-brained and all) so, for those who don't:

http://www.funderstanding.com/right_left_brain.cfm
Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain:
Logical
Sequential
Rational
Analytical
Objective
Looks at parts

Right Brain:
Random
Intuitive
Holistic
Synthesizing
Subjective
Looks at wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity.



Sounds about right.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
The Fly
 
evillaurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 165
Local Time: 04:40 PM
Got it in under a minute, though I spent the first 20-30 seconds trying to find man-shaped patterns in the coffee!
__________________
evillaurd is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Re: Are you left-brained or right-brained?

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl




-------------------------------------------------/\------------

I think all the boarder guards should take this test.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 09:40 AM
deep
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com