are you late?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many times have you been late?

• Never late

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Late more than once

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Late a lot

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

DebbieSG

Refugee
please write here times that you have been late, to appointments, parties, movies, concerts, whatever. ;) there may be several times that i missed important opening statements and conversation because i was busy parking. i was quite late to the Cal Berkeley wedding reception last night at the Claremont Hotel in Oakland, where the bar was not open and the music was just dying down. many blacktie guests were milling around. i spent a long time talking to a couple of Cal Alumn. got a wine glass. but i was just a little tired, so i left.

when have YOU been late :)?

i'm never late for anything. well, almost never. like 99% of the time. i used to have to rely on my mom to drvie me places, and she's always running late. so i decided that i hate being late, but instead i end up early for everything...i hate being early...i like being in time.

I used to always be on time, then I had kids. The sad thing is that I picked up the bad habit of being late when they were little and now it doesn't bother me if I'm a couple minutes late. I really need to correct that.

I'm never late to anything, not even to class! :D I always get to appointments at least 10 mins early. Punctuallity is definitely the key! ;)

The only time Im late is if it is done intentionally, and even then I cant achieve it.......just a habit I guess, think its a good one.....:wink:

Im always on time

I thought this was a different sorta late too :lol:

I'm always early...if I show up right on time, I consider that to be late.

I used to work on campus with a few international students from Kenya named Irene, Chris, and Eunice. Chris and Eunice were dating, and Eunice wanted Irene and I to help throw a surprise party for him. I was in charge of picking up the cake, and I also volunteered to get chips and pop. She told me to be at her apartment at 6:00.

Being ever so punctual, I showed up at 5:45...nobody was home. I ended up sitting in the hall outside of their apartment door until after 7:00. When Eunice arrived, she laughed and said, "You have now learned that Kenyans have no concept of time." :laugh:

I'm usually NEVER late, but I have been for work lately because of the Metro. :mad: For some reason, I can leave anytime between 8:15 and 8:45 and still get to work ten minutes late. :der: :scratch:

Aunt Flo? haven't heard that one before..wouldn't mind being that kind of late

always punctual
I like to get meetings underway at the advertised time...it bugs me we have to wait so long, just in case someone may wander in.

Must confess this year the change to daylight saving time caught me out. I hadn't changed my wristwatch.Wandered in a 12.55 for a 1pm appointment to see if they were running on time. They looked askance at me..."but it's 1.55pm already"
silly me
I was almost late for the U2 Popmart concert, missed the support band because of forgotten tickets. Got to the stadium just as U2 played the first note...the rest is history, ended up at the Bstage.Serendipity that was.
I'll get over it one day...maybe...not.

I'm usually on time. I've never been late to a movie or concert. In all of high school I was never late to class. Not even once. I was late to a couple classes when I was hobbling all over campus a couple years ago with a badly sprained ankle.

I used to be notoriously late for church (this was a very small church too, so everyone knew it when you came in late). The whole service stops and everyone goes "Hi, John, glad you decided to come!"...Fortunatly everyone else there was frequently late.

I'm late to work every damn day. At least by an hour. Actually they could care less as long as I work my 8 hours. I wish I could get my ass out of bed earlier, so I could leave work earlier, but I am up to late every night. :(

I am usually on either on time or a little early.

The one time that stands out where I was late was for a final. We had a few hours between finals so a friend and I decided to go get something to eat and I didnt have a watch. It turned out that she thought we had to be there at 1 but it was acutally noon. In the meantime one of our other friends kept telling the instructor that something must have happened and when we showed up the instructor was waiting for us. We did get to take the final but had to sit across from her at her desk in her office with her watching. The woman didnt like me and I had been up all night studying so needless to say I was a little ticked at my friend.

I am very rarely late for anything. If I am ever late for something, I have a good reason as to why. But most of the time, like, I'd say, oh, 95% of the time, I'm on time for things.

There was this one time I was late that really ticked me off, though:

I was in 9th grade at the time, and my mom decided she was gonna take my sister and I to school that day, and before we got to school she had to take care of a couple of things first, and then we got there, and I was heading to my first class as the bell rang for the class to start.

I was, what, 5 seconds late? And that was the very first, and only, time I'd ever been late to that class.

And yet I still had to stay 30 minutes after school for that one time I was late to that class.

The principal's like, "Well, your mom should've taken care of the stuff she needed to do the night before." She couldn't! This was stuff she couldn't have taken care of before then (I don't even remember what it was she was doing that morning).

And anyway, like I said, it was just one time, I mean-come on.

Eh.

Anyway, back on the topic at hand...

Angela

I'm NOT going to be late for work tomorrow!...that's because I took the day off!!! Yeah! :yes: good thing too. It's snowing like mad right now. While the rest of MN is sitting in snowy traffic tomorrow morning I will be in my flannel bed sleeping soundly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom