Are you anal or a slob?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so c'mon
bordering on obsessive compulsive or do you have a mound of clothes on your floor?

i tend to lean towards messy, but when i cant see the floor anymore, i have a big rampaging cleaning spree and tidy the whole house from top to bottom.

im a binger, always have been, always will be.

you?

my friends call me monica

although I have a HUGE pile of clothes on my floor at the moment... I am extremely anal. :crack:

coaster anyone? :slant:

im more of a chandler methinks

dont get me wrong angelbabe, i dont like dirt. dirt makes me cringe.
mess though is different.
im becoming more anal as i get older i think.
ive got a bad habit of cleaning up teacher's desks when i take their classes for the day :uhoh:

The only mess is the easel in the middle of my room with the toxic paints littering the floor. I actually scavenge for used paints in the hazardous waste collections held every year :huh:
The fumes aren't doing much for my sanity :cool:

manda called me anel in chat tonite, lol

my apartment is a complete mess :lol:

Re: im more of a chandler methinks

zooropamanda said:
dont get me wrong angelbabe, i dont like dirt. dirt makes me cringe.
mess though is different.

:up: :yes:

did you ever notice, manda...that when you finally get around to cleaning the mess, you can't find anything? lol :eeklaugh:

im a messy kind of girl, but its either or...kinda clean, kinda messy...

My apartment is clean, but messy, meaning that the kitchen and bathroom and everything else is clean, but there is stuff strewn all over the place. Am I making any sense. I'm only anal when it comes to washing dishes or anything else involving food.

layers...like an ONION

ABEL said:

did you ever notice, manda...that when you finally get around to cleaning the mess, you can't find anything? lol :eeklaugh:

i am packing up to move many many trecherous miles away at the end of the month and i have all of my stuff in layers. like when i cleaned out my desk, the important stuff is on the bottom, the semi-important stuff in the middle, and the crap on the top.

everything has a little corner of my room, to look at it everyone would cringe, but i see it as organized and yes, i can find EVERY little thing in my room, regardless of what my mother thinks.

mom: is your room clean?

me: :uhoh: nnnnoooo

mom: :shame:

me: but i still :heart: you! :D

mom: :rolleyes: whatever

laa laa laa wasting time

Naya said:
I'm an obsessive compulsive neat freak. My cds are arranged in alphabetical order, my clothes by colour, everything is ORGANIZED. Or else I go crazy.

:crack:

one time my friend and i took a serious road trip that took us from the twin cities to indiana through michigan and the UP back to mn. i was so bored that i arranged my cds (all 250 of them) alphabetically. and let me tell you it's just not cool when you forget a beatles album when you're down to stone temple pilots. :mad:

..incredibly lazy at home...very anal at work..they cancel eachother out so I am balanced?

I'm a combination. I'm pretty neat and sometimes anal about stuff (I keep my clothes in color order, for example, and it annoys me if a drawer is only partially closed), but things get pretty cluttered. My desk and dresser are covered with random stuff. But I do keep everything clean!

I'm sort of in between. I hate to have clothes lying around on the floor and I make a sincere effort to keep the bathroom clean and get the dishes washed before they start piling up too badly, but the top of my dresser and desk are just full of clutter - and I like it that way. It gives my apartment a nice, lived-in look.

I'm a pack rat... my room accumulates with junk and i just leave it there...

so i'm BOTH anal AND a slob. :scratch:

theSoulfulMofo said:
I'm a pack rat... my room accumulates with junk and i just leave it there...

so i'm BOTH anal AND a slob. :scratch:

I'm the same way....I think my problem is I need more storage space...living in an apartment sucks :huh:

I was just wondering, before I even saw your reply, if it was possible to be an anal slob :lmao:

I used to be a neat freak...it's definitely lessened lately though - I think it adjusts, depending who i'm living with, and whether they are neat or not.
I'm also a pack rat though, so there's always clutter in the midst of any anal retentive cleaning...

Total neat freak. My mom thinks its so funny how I keep my room so clean now. Cos when I was eight and up until I was 11 it looked like someone nuked my room:der:

I do the same thing as Manda. I'll let everything pile up until I can't deal anymore (usually until I lose something important) and then I'll clean EVERYTHING....right now my parents are away for the week so I plan on letting myself run rampant until Friday. Of course, then I'll be cursing about how much I let stuff go and all the cleaning I have to do....

But on the other hand, while I'm a slob, I can't stand disorganization. WI would rather be messy than shove everything in a drawer. If it's going in the drawer, it's going to be organized, or it stays out. I usually don't have enough time to organize, hence the clutter...

I am soooooo messy! and I never get anal and clean. When I clean (like when copany is coming over or something) I am so lazy. I like gather everything up and shove it in a closet. lol. The only thing I am anal about being clean is me. My sister thinks I am insane. I shower for a long time everyday and I am grossed out by people with dirty hair or fingernails. Yet I cannot see the floor in my room. go figure! lol

I am compulsive obsessive. I think you have to be to be a good distance runner. When I do something it is all or nothing for the most part.

I use to be very anal about cleaning and clothes and my room, not so much anymore, way more relaxed, but for the most part I am a bit anal.

manda, i'm the same way. Piles of clothes until i can't take it anymore, then i go on a cleaning binge. things stay neat for about a week or 2 and then they start getting messy again. then the cycle repeats itself over and over

Generally, I'm pretty anal. C'mon. I own a home at 23 I'm still scared I'm gonna break it if I don't take care of it. I nest and clean all the time. However, if I'm depressed, it gets really messy, really quickly.

I hate having the clothes on the floor but I hate putting them away, what is my answer? I leave them in a basket until I decided to sit down, watch a movie, and start folding. I'm not a slob, I have clutter but at least I don't have roaches or other nasty things like that. :tsk:

Naya said:
I'm an obsessive compulsive neat freak. My cds are arranged in alphabetical order, my clothes by colour, everything is ORGANIZED. Or else I go crazy.

:crack:

lol- I am quite anal, like I have nearly all of my clothes hanging in my wardrobe and they are arranged by 'type', like all skirts together, all pants together etc, etc- if I didnt arrange them like this I would never find anything, but then I can have my days where I can be quite messy, but generally I am very clean and tidy but I once went out with this guy who was the most anal guy I had ever met- he didnt smoke and I would have a cigarette outside on the balcony and he would be emptying and washing up the ash tray as soon as I butted one out and everything in his house was just way too orderley and I realised from this that there is a limit:)

Back
Top Bottom