Are you all happy with where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Do you like it where you live? If given a chance, would you move and settle down some place else? If so, where?

I'm not unhappy per se with New Jersey. It's a pretty neat location.. NYC is closeby. But I'm dying for a change of scene... like San Diego or Seattle for instance.

i :heart: NYC. fantastic place to live. but i've been here for 6 years now, and can see myself wanting to try something new at some point- perhaps california, or london...

I live in apathy
I like it
the rent isn't cheap..but the location os Great!!!!!!

score!

No, not at all. I've hated it here (west Michigan) since middle school. It's the weather, really. It snows Oct - April and then it's immediately 90 degrees out for our short summer. There's no nice spring or fall, everything is extreme. I'm an outdoor person who likes camping, biking, fishing, and going to the beach - I pretty much can't have fun 8 months of the year. The one thing I do love is the Lake b/c it's so close and it's like an ocean but no salty residue.

I'm moving south (probably western Florida) once I graduate.

See.. this is a nice Lemonade Stand thread.

I love where I live.. actually. I wish I didnt live in an apartment on a busy street, but I do like the city. The weather is perfect, there is every store in the world I need around me and I am just a few blocks from work.

Green Bay isn't bad. i wouldn't mind a warmer climate, but the cost of living is so low here, it's great!

It's alright here (Mansfield, Nottinghamshire - Robin Hood Country)

there isn't that much here - it's a former coal mining area that got decimated when Margaret Thatcher closed the pits in the 80s, but I was born and raised here and it's where all my friends are. I work in nottingham which is a really cool city.

I lived in Ireland for a while, and would still be there if it wasn't so bloody expensive :laugh:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I love where I live because this is where I was born and raised, however I would like to experience life somewhere else.

I second that. And now with rising housing costs it seems I can't make it out here (San Diego, CA) too much longer anyway. :sigh:

Sicy said:
See.. this is a nice Lemonade Stand thread.

:up: Makes me feel a little ashamed at being a part of some of the 'bad' LS threads...:(

Anyway - I like where I live in the south west of England a lot, tho right now, I would like to live a lot closer to my gf to save all the travelling....but what they hey - she's worth it to me.
:wink:

I like where I live too, in southern Australia. I did live in Melbourne which was cool, and I reckon I'll move somewhere to the eastern coast eventually.

I live in a condominium in the southwestern suburbs ... 100 miles away from Chicago in the Central part of Illinois.
I love where I live because it's so-ooo beautiful and somewhat secluded ... I absolutely love the scenery of open fields to gaze at when travelling the interstate, and shop at lots of stores within my area as well.
I enjoy travelling to Chicago every once in awhile though, just to "unwind" and see the "fast paced busy-ness" that the Windy City always seems to offer.
It's a refreshing change to experience every so often, plus I occasionally visit my friends who are alot closer to Chicago in the Northern suburbs.

I dislike where I live, but I am a very restless person in general.
I live in Bournemouth - it's a seaside area right at the south of England on the coast line. It's bizarre, really. These days it seems to consist of mainly pompous rich folk or chavs - i've noticed that so much more recently :/
I suspect at one point in my life, I will settle down and find that one place where I feel comfortable, but i'm unsure where that will be - possible in the northern states, Canada, or Ireland. I'm a bit sick of England, although I won't deny that it's been a wonderful place to grow up.

Last edited:
No.

I've never really felt at home here in Australia, ever since I moved here back in 1996 as a 10 year old little boy. I guess I always viewed it as an extended kind of holiday, even though I knew it wasn't. I've always felt like I'm being called back, and have been homesick terribly the past 3 years especially. Within the next 2 years it'll happen. The catch is I would really like to see the world some more- just to open my eyes etc. London, New York etc etc, I love the big cities.

deep said:
I wish I could afford to move.

me too.

:sigh:

i recently moved back to the city where i grew up after being away at university for ten years. it's a bizarre feeling, because i know my way around town, but the city's changed, and most of my friends aren't around anymore. it's like being an alien in a very familiar place.

I love Melbourne and feel at home here, even though right now the winter is in full swing and the weather is quite miserable. But I'm not so terribly keen on the street we currently live on; the traffic is too damn noisy.

Back
Top Bottom