Are you all happy with where you live? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 09:11 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
I feel like a European trapped in an American's body.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
I feel like a European trapped in an American's body.

That's hot!

Old 06-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #78
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
I'd like to move back to Atlanta
need a roommate

i hate it here as well. for those of you who have not been unfortunate enough to have been in the path of my rants about where i live, i live in this shitty town called memphis, tennessee. see, it sucks in every aspect. go ahead, name one. i guarantee it is shitty here.

weather? horrible. sure i love hot weather but there are no (public) pools*, no water parks, no manmade beaches, and no natural beaches either. when there's nowhere to swim or at least lay by a body of water to cool you down when it's 100 degrees and the humidity hovers around 90% and the air quality is terrible (the health department or whoever rates that says it, not my opinion).

public transportation? non-existant, unless you live downtown. i do for now but even then, downtown is being turned into a sea of condos. and not just any condos, but condos that START at half a million dollars. these are former apartments. can you imagine an apartment that used to be about $400-500 a month in rent being converted and sold for half a million? they say there's not enough luxury condos in this city, and the people buying them aren't buying them as replacement or first homes, these are second homes to their home in the suburbs. amazing. but anyway, yeah. the average joe won't be able to afford to live downtown soon anyway. in about a year there will literally be about two apartment complexes left downtown, i'm not exaggerating. but enough about memphis.

anyway, i'm thinking about moving to the chesapeake bay area, maryland/delaware. go to college, get a degree, etc. mayhaps live there forever, i dunno. but i love that area and most of my family lives there.

* the apartments around here that do have pools let their tenets treat them like shit. one apartment in a very nice area no less, we're talking rent starts at like $700 for a small one bedroom (which is expensive for this area, an apartment that size in a decent area would usually be $550-600) has tenets where they literally BATHE in the hot tub. yes, they would come and bring their fucking shampoo and soap. people would have sex in the pool and hot tub which i suppose isn't too uncommon, but this is everywhere. and few apartments have pools anyway.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:39 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Right now I lived on the west coast of Norway, and yes, I'm very happy about that. I've been here since February 1st...

I moved here because I got an offer on a great internship, but mostly it was the Norwegian nature (so I could ski on a regular basis! ) that made me even look for an internship up here. I didn't really wanted to live on the west coast (was looking at a place more east in the country), but I certainly don't regret it now!

I Norway and the Norwegians are the nicest and most friendly and helpful people in the world (only beaten by an inch by the Irish! ).Plus they're almost unable to get stressed!

But "home" - that's Copenhagen! And that will never change! I'm going back on July 28th (Just in time for the concert, yes! ).

Copenhagen will always be "home" for me - It's were my family and friends are, I'm born there and I've lived there for my entire life, until I moved up here - and it's a great city! I it, very much!!!

But, I'm always ready to leave it for a while, go out and live somewhere else and experience other place, see new things! I like to do that - Next spring I'm moving to Kenya, while writing my masters and I'm sure I'll be very happy there as well!

And maybe I'll move to some other place after that too - you'll never know! But I will always be returning to Copenhagen!
Old 06-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #80
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I love living in the bay area. Right by the ocean, only 3-4 hours away from skiing resorts, only an hour away from wine tasting, only a bridge away from San Francisco, and only minutes away from beautiful scenery (redwood forests, secluded beaches, lakes, etc) in almost any direction. It's a very diverse population (something sorely missing from a lot of the midwest) and there's so much to do it's hard to get bored living here.

Of course, it's expensive as hell but worth it, I think.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I really like where I live. Despite what livluv says about it, its a good place to live. It does not snow from Oct to April. It does snow, but its not constant and generally we have maybe one or two bad storms for a winter and that is it. Summers here are great. Grand Rapids is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. and our downtown has been completely re done with a new arena, bars, restuarants. Its actually very nice. I lived in Alabama also and what I hated about that was the summers. 95 degrees with 90% humidity in August is not nice, sorry.

Bottom line is everywhere has positives and negatives (especially when it comes to weather).
Old 06-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc
the west coast of Norway...But "home" - that's Copenhagen!
scandinavia
Old 06-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
scandinavia
You like it here...?

Old 06-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #84
Refugee

Local Time: 02:08 AM
i wanna live under water and have a pet shark
Old 06-25-2005, 01:45 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc

You like it here...?

i've actually never been, but it is one region i dream of visiting.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
i've actually never been, but it is one region i dream of visiting.
You should come over sometime! I think you'd like it here - I do!
Old 06-25-2005, 04:56 PM   #87
The Fly

Local Time: 01:08 AM
The city nearest to where I live (Nottingham) is decent enough I suppose.

The town I live in, however, is crap, mainly because of the sort of people that live here.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #88
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:08 AM
well currently i live in Canberra Australia and i hate it!!!!

so next year i'm going over to Ireland to live for a year my mates keep saying (esp. my boyfriend) says that canberra is great and that by going oversees i'll appreatiate it more, so thats what i'm gonna do!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:08 PM
I love absolutely love where we live!

We live at the base of the Trinity Alps in Northern California. We bought a great house and an acre of land last year and we will never move! Its so beautiful here.

We moved to this area about 8 years ago and it took a long time for me to adjust after living in Orange County, CA all my life. I missed all the shopping and concerts at first. But we have gotten more shopping here and I've learned how fun it can be to travel to shows and see new places. My next trip is going to be Vancouver, Canada for a Pearl Jam show. And we are close enough to drive to SF for shows and shopping.

This is a great place to raise kids, its a smaller town, but not so small you feel like your in the middle of nowhere. The cost of living is awesome too! We only paid $170,000 for our house and land. I'm not even 30 yet and this is the second house we have owned. We are a one income family who isn't rich, but we still get to do fun things. Its a great way to live.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Indianapolis is okay... not enough U2 fans I really want to move to a BIG city, like Boston or New York. Some place with more culture, more bands, more going on. The Midwest is kinda boring, I wanna move somewhere interesting...though I wouldn't mind living in Minnesota, I it there. What I really wanna do is travel everywhere!!