Are you all happy with where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, pretty much.

I'm close enough to the beach, close enough to the river, close enough to the cities of Freo and Perth and it doesn't take too long to get anywhere. The weather is normally pretty good and the people, on the whole are fairly relaxed. Oh, and they make good wine here :lol:

zonelistener said:

------------> BONOCHICK...READ BELOW.......<--------------------------

IT'S OFFICIAL: I can meet Bonochick now that she lives near to where I often spend A LOT of TIME (You don't call or write anymore :angry: ).

Okay, that took me long enough to spot...:lol:

I hadn't even thought of that! Ernie said that we're like 45 minutes from Metro. :hyper:

I'll call you sometime!!!!!! :wave:

NO, I live in Iowa, :madspit: which in case you didn't know SUCKS. Too hot and humid all summer, too freezing in the winter. I live 5hr drive from any real big city. We have no decent concerts, entertainment period.

I need to move somewhere, trying to decide where:hmm:

I am from NY and live in South Florida now, I hate it. I've been there for like 3 years and it's a really nice area but the people there suck:madspit: I think it's just because NY still feels like home and I still really miss all the people. I'm looking forward to going to college somewhere up north (NYC or Boston, hopefully) in 2 years :hyper:
then I never want to live down south again

sami0201 said:
I am from NY and live in South Florida now, I hate it. I've been there for like 3 years and it's a really nice area but the people there suck:madspit:
because florida is full of grannies and trashy people? :wink:

no offense to any floridians here, i used to live there for 10 years myself and loved it! :D

I love, love, love Toronto! But if I had to live somewhere else it would be in the Azores. It's home away from home.

Alaska is my home. The air is fresh, pollution free, the water is clean and clear and you can drink straight from the tap. We pay NO sales tax, we get a dividend of an average $1000 a year. Our city is steadily growing yet, at a comfortable rate.
There is no real traffic problem, as with other big cities. We make an average of 6% more than the people do in the Lower 48.
If I get sick of it here, I take my free $1000 and go to a nicer place like Hawaii or somewhere.

I live in Dundee, which is on the east coast of Scotland, north of Edinburgh. I do like living here - we have the best weather for Scotland, and it's a very nice situation - I live right near the beach and also within 15 mins of town, and if you drive for about an hour out of town, you get to lovely countryside with hills and rivers. I've lived here all my life almost but even though I like it, I fancy living somewhere else for a change sometime!

I live in boring, lame ass Kansas City:sad: I love the mid-west I just wished I lived in a more happening place like Chicago, or with Adam:shrug:

Carmelu2fan said:
I live in boring, lame ass Kansas City:sad: I love the mid-west I just wished I lived in a more happening place like Chicago, or with Adam:shrug:

try living in the midwest in no major city, 5hrs from a major city:| I go to KS City for concerts sometimes cause theres nothing here! Thats how pathetic Iowa is.

with Adam eh, i'd pick edge but hey:wink:

xtal said:
Alaska is my home. The air is fresh, pollution free, the water is clean and clear and you can drink straight from the tap. We pay NO sales tax, we get a dividend of an average $1000 a year. Our city is steadily growing yet, at a comfortable rate.
There is no real traffic problem, as with other big cities. We make an average of 6% more than the people do in the Lower 48.
If I get sick of it here, I take my free $1000 and go to a nicer place like Hawaii or somewhere.

:ohmy: :up:

I'm pretty happy where I live in some ways. The weather in Atlanta is pretty nice. We're lucky to get one snow that sticks, and the summer heat is ten times worse cos it's so humid, but we do have nice spring and fall seasons. It's a nice area, good schools, safe, and I have all my friends here.

Still, I don't really feel like I belong here, in the "affluent suburbs." Aside from my friends, I really don't like a lot of the people here. So many people are so snotty, materialistic, etc. And this place is lacking in CULTURE. All we have is tex-mex and the Panda Express. Very little authentic culture in this area. I'd like to live in a larger city, one with flipping sidewalks for a start (there aren't sidewalks here...you have to drive everywhere). Even if it's just in Atlanta (the city), I'd be happy to get out of the suburban bubble. Preferably I'd like to live in Boston or NYC or another city up north...but that's probably just my romantic image of those cities kicking in. :wink:

Well, Moscow, Russia....... not the worst place to live, I must admit. You can get almost anything in terms of entertainment, culture, food, clothes, etc. It's more like a small country (~ 11 mln. people) within a bigger country really - life here is totally different from the rest of Russia.

A lot of crazy shit happens, of course, but I think Russia is just cursed with idiots in government, parlaiment, not to mention the president.

Back
Top Bottom