Are you a vegetarian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 76.3%

• Total voters
no

I'm not a vegetarian - yesterday afternoon I had such a delicious spare rips *mmmmh* - but I think most vegetarians think that they could save animals through that....

i am a vegetarian, although i eat fish, which diminishes my 'vegetarian-ness' in some circles...

#1 i don't like meat, the taste and texture of it, grosses me out
#2 i can live without it, so i do

I'm a vegetarian and really enjoy it.

I wanted to lose weight, sleep better and eat better, but have always been a very picky eater.

I don't really have an exciting bohemian reason why - it just seemed like the right way to go. :)

HelloAngel said:
I'm a vegetarian and really enjoy it.

I wanted to lose weight, sleep better and eat better, but have always been a very picky eater.

I don't really have an exciting bohemian reason why - it just seemed like the right way to go. :)

same here helloangel -it's not an animal rights thing for me, it's just a personal decision (and i was a picky eater, to boot lol)

adamswildhoney said:
Im not a vegetarian, but @ the same time i dont eat lot of meat. I dont care for red meat at all, I tend to eat white meat.

Me too.

Time magazine this week has an interesting cover article abotu why so many people are becoming vegetarian.

404 Not Found said:
i am a vegetarian, although i eat fish, which diminishes my 'vegetarian-ness' in some circles...
Same here :yes:
I just sort of stopped eating meat when I studied abroad in Ireland. I'm a horrible cook, and I didn't trust myself cooking meat...it just became habit after a while. It's been 4 years and I don't ever crave meat anymore. No real reason, it just sort of happened...

I'm definately an omnivore. I can't deal without meat for a really long time. I crave the protein. :) I love me veggies though. Actually- I think it's about time for a spinich salad (with blackened chicken, of course).

liar.

jkayet said:

It's been 4 years and I don't ever crave meat anymore.

:tsk: I remember a few months ago when you wanted to eat chicken. Then a month ago when you wanted a hot dog.

so there. :p

meegannie said:

:tsk: I remember a few months ago when you wanted to eat chicken. Then a month ago when you wanted a hot dog.

so there. :p
Ok, so I do remember craving chicken now...:slant:
Not sure about the hot dog deal, but knowing my memory, I suppose it's possible, as :no: as it sounds now...
I don't think I do a good enough job getting protien as I should. :huh:

Peaseblossom said:
I'm definately an omnivore. I can't deal without meat for a really long time. I crave the protein. :)

I'm the same way. I was a vegetarian for a little over a year, but I still craved meat all the time.

I'm an anticeptic vegetarian- if someone else cooks it, I'll eat it, but if I have to cook the meat myself and touch it and watch the uh, juice come out, I get grossed out. I also only eat certain kinds of meat and they have to be very, very well done.

[color=royal blue]I'm not but for some reason I've always wanted to be :huh: Is it too late to start?!

It's kinda hard with my family though.....Abuela likes to make things out of animal carcasses!!!

Now I want Tio Jose's fajitas....:drool: Curses...
[/color]

Vegetarian for going on 14 years. Like others have stated, I have no particular noble reasons for being vegetarian--I just have no taste for meat. And I do think it's healthier, although I also think it's a very individual affair and that there are also people who need to eat meat. So I'm not down on meat-eaters and am extremely annoyed by the holier-than-thou variety of vegetarians. I do not want to dine with them.

No.

I love fish more than anything, and I always assumed that people who ate fish weren't "real" vegetarians, so I never considered converting, so to speak.

I'm a veggie.
For me, its an animal rights thing. The way animals are forced to suffer is horrific. I think very few people could actually stomach meat again if they actually saw an animal slaughtered in person, or even in a video.
Also its due to health reasons. All sorts of crap is in meat, and it can be very bad for you. Cancer, heart disease, God knows what else meat plays a role in.
Plus some of it is very gross. Steak for example, all that blood....And some people eat very strange cuts of meat, like liver, hearts, brains, the head, eyes, etc!:barf:

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]I'm not but for some reason I've always wanted to be :huh: Is it too late to start?!

[/color]

Its never too late!!!!
Join us....JOOOOIIIIN UUUUSSSSS....:evil:

There are all sorts of yummy veggie foods and faux meat now. Some of it is pretty good, once you get used to it. You dont even have to become a total veggie. If you really cant resist certain foods that contain meat, just limit your intake of the real thing :)
My problem is that veggie foods are very expensive. So i cant buy imitation meat, etc, very often. :(

no, but I don't really like meat. I only really like chicken and certain types of fish.

Read the message and just try to guess which I am

You know whats really tasty? A well prepared steak of moose... beats beef hands down. Lamb/Sheep is good as well. If you go with fish, whitefish, arctic char, pickerel, salmon, and cod are all delicious in their own right. Birds, well chicken is given, turkey is alright but its certainly no chicken. Crab and Lobster = wonderful. Now, getting into plants, key necessities are always and will always be mushrooms, onions, and gralic, you can prepare absolutely anything with those. Canadian Maritime, Portugese, Italian, and Greek food get my :up: thumbs up :up: for most delicious cooking from a cultural group. Thats my two cents.

And for those that didnt read my message subject, Ill give you another hint - Me = highest on food chain, Vegetarians = new source of food once we run out of beef. Think about it ;D lmao no Im not a cannibal, but I was just trying to get across the fact that I am indeed not a vegetarian in any way shape or form. Huzzah to tasty tasty meat!
*chorus of huzzahs*

I'm not a huge meat eater, but there are certain foods with meat that I would hate to give up. There also aren't many veggies I enjoy...I like carrots (raw only...not cooked and not from a can), corn, and lettuce, but that's about it! :silent:

Miss MacPhisto said:
I think very few people could actually stomach meat again if they actually saw an animal slaughtered in person, or even in a video.
guess again

my mother was born on a farm
we always used to go there on holidays
there was this one cow everybody loved
you could even take a ride on her back and all
until she got slaughtered
funny enough it tasted about the same as meat of cows I didn't know

tasty !

Another vegetarian reporting in

I've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years. Just about every reason given so far goes for me as well. Plus I'm really lazy about cooking, not to mention I'm really bad at it. When I look at meat I think it's pretty disgusting on a lot of levels. But I'm not preachy about it. All of my family and most of my friends are carnivores. They respect my decision and I respect theirs.

Back
Top Bottom