are wilco fans split?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
does anyone think there is any division between the old wilco fans ( am, being there, summerteeth fans) and the new wilco fans (yankee hotel foxtrot, a ghost is born)?

another completely unrelated question, what is the opinion of mermaid avenue, I don't think I've heard any one talk about it here, I think volume 1 is pretty solid all around but volume 2 (minus airline to heaven, is nothing better than decent at best)

good question...

but from what i've gathered, i think they're pretty similiar to radiohead in the sense that most fans like all their stuff. of course some will prefer either the former or latter material, but are by in general, accepting of their entire catalogue. (that sounds so pathetic, sorry for the lame wording.)

you see a lot more divisions in a band like u2, specifically by decade. but that's hardly news to anyone who's ever read this message board.

Last edited:
I've never noticed a split. :shrug: I only have three Wilco albums though...Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A Ghost Is Born, and Summerteeth. YHF is by far my favorite, but I also really like Summerteeth. I also enjoy AGIB, but not nearly as much. To be fair though, I don't know if I've really given that album the proper time of day.

I like all of them, my two favorites are YHF and Summerteeth. I think I actually prefer Summerteeth, because I'm such a big fan of power pop, and Summerteeth is chock full o' glorious pop melodies!

I think you're spot on about the two Mermaid Avenue discs, though. The first one is worth the price of admission for "California Stars" alone, but the whole thing is good. The second one ... not so much.

Back
Top Bottom