are wilco fans split? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 07:45 AM
are wilco fans split?

does anyone think there is any division between the old wilco fans ( am, being there, summerteeth fans) and the new wilco fans (yankee hotel foxtrot, a ghost is born)?

another completely unrelated question, what is the opinion of mermaid avenue, I don't think I've heard any one talk about it here, I think volume 1 is pretty solid all around but volume 2 (minus airline to heaven, is nothing better than decent at best)

Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
love, blood, life
good question...

but from what i've gathered, i think they're pretty similiar to radiohead in the sense that most fans like all their stuff. of course some will prefer either the former or latter material, but are by in general, accepting of their entire catalogue. (that sounds so pathetic, sorry for the lame wording.)

you see a lot more divisions in a band like u2, specifically by decade. but that's hardly news to anyone who's ever read this message board.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I've never heard of a split like that for Wilco. I like Being There as much as I like YHF. Never considered them being from two different periods.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 08:45 AM

I've never noticed a split. I only have three Wilco albums though...Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, A Ghost Is Born, and Summerteeth. YHF is by far my favorite, but I also really like Summerteeth. I also enjoy AGIB, but not nearly as much. To be fair though, I don't know if I've really given that album the proper time of day.
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at]
Old 11-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 05:45 AM
I like all of them, my two favorites are YHF and Summerteeth. I think I actually prefer Summerteeth, because I'm such a big fan of power pop, and Summerteeth is chock full o' glorious pop melodies!

I think you're spot on about the two Mermaid Avenue discs, though. The first one is worth the price of admission for "California Stars" alone, but the whole thing is good. The second one ... not so much.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
Since YHF and Summerteeth are my favorite two albums, I can't really speak to a split.