Are there any Aussies watching the new Big Brother?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I gotta say that in the past I hae watched most BBs and I found them to be quite entertaining, wouldn't say that I was addicted, like I am with Survivor, but I knew what was going on. I watched a couple of the shows this week and saw the start last Sunday and I gotta say that the bunch of folks on this new show are just annoying. It really does appear that BB wants this show to be about love- did you see the way that Gretel plugged everyone about their love lifes on the first ep?

So whats with having a heap of contestants from the Gold Coast and whats with all of the women??? my o my, these women really do make the rest of us 'normal' women look bad. The men appear to be alright but the girls are coming across as whining, attention seeking prima donnas. I used to give BB credit for picking 'real' women like Sara Marie, Reggie, Chrissy and Turkan to name just a few, but it really does seem that this time they have gone for the 'cheap' titilation factor and delivered eye candy to please the blokes......

me thinks this might be the downfall of BB:|

Our (UK) BB doesn't start for another two weeks or something. And like the true TV addict I've become over the last month, I'm sure I'll be watching. :reject: Last year's was rubbish here too. All the housemates were so NICE to each other, it was totally phony, they all just wanted to avoid doing anything that would get them evicted. :down: There were rumours that they weren't going to have BB5 because BB4 was so crap but apparently they've decided to give it another chance.

[/thread derailment] (Sorry!)

I attempted to watch the first round of nominations, gave up. Nup. Even my husband WALKED AWAY FROM THE TELIE AND WASHED THE DISHES. :shocked:

BB4 could be good for my kitchen. :up:

Fizz, your not derailing. :wink:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Really, what do these barbie dolls and surfer 'dudes' have to do with anything resembling my life?

Reality? Fuck, if it's not living in a TV house for two months, it's getting sacked by Donald Trump or something.

I am filled with a pulsating, senseless rage when I think about the bread and circuses of 'reality tv'. Really, I should just take a holiday or something.

I am still waiting for the BB housemate who is on the dole "excuse me BB, I need to leave the house to get to centrelink so I can hand my dole form in!"

I saw a bit of it tonight, as I am housesitting a friend's place and her son wanted to watch it and geezus, I dont know any people like them, I wouldnt last 5 seconds in a place like that- not very 'reality' to me:|

I'm not sure if I can spell it, but I am regarding this program. A conscientious objector. These shows are so lengthy and focus on such unfortunate aspects of human nature. I watched some of the introductory episode and find some of the housemates truly annoying...as no doubt they are meant to be. I'd rather use my precious electricity quota here at Interference or watching a good movie on video...I noticed "In America" has now arrived in our local video shop:applaud:
I did take an interest and watch about the last 4 episodes of Allstar Survivor, sat up late watching the finale last night. I'm glad Amber gave the car to that particular woman( forgotten her name) I thought it was just cruel what the producers asked their family members do to try to gain immunity, eating all those gross things. Her mummy was gagging on that rotten fish, but she didn't give up. So I'm glad her daughter at least got a nice car.
Youngest son and I just discussed who we would nominate to receive the second $million. We like Rupert, sloppy kissing/big libido and all. So that's my dose of reality TV for the year.
As Keiran said.."bread or circus"? My eldest son commented how it surprised him how everyone at work was talking about the current BB. That's kinda sad.

Hey Aurora, I have limited time and can't go looking for your Xavier Rudd thread. I recall you saying how much you like him. It's a shame you are not in Melbourne as JJJ are giving away 500 free tickets to a special performance if his on Monday night. Fortunately they are also playing it on the radio , 8 pm.
Enjoy
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom