Are remastered Cd's worth the extra expenditure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greenlight7-11 said:

Super Audio is a high resolution format akin to DVD-Audio. You have to have special stereo equipment for those formats. Remastered CDs are standard CDs, it's just that the original source audio is polished up in various ways so as to sound better than the original release (i.e. volume levels increased, individual instrument or vocal sounds made more punchy, etc.). As someone mentioned, albums made in the age of digital recording are not improved much at all with remastering. It makes a difference on analog recordings (most of those would be pre 1990s).

Thank you. I won't be purchasing any super audio cds then. Simple Minds albums seem to come in 4 formats: standard, Euro import, remastered, and super audio cds. I'll stick to the remastered. It is pre1990s albums I'm (re)purchasing.

Thanks again for taking the time to address my queries. I appreciate it.

indra said:

:faint:

If you see poor deaf Steve out busking, you'll know it is all because you ditched Heyday in favour of something else. :sad:

I hope it was worth it. :madspit: :wink:

It's in my wishlist for next time. He won't starve :D

beli said:

It's in my wishlist for next time. He won't starve :D

Starving isn't really the concern, it's keeping him in nice, trippy pot.... :wink: You didn't really think The Church's music/lyrics came out of an unadulterated brain, did you? :D

Back
Top Bottom