are popcorn unhealthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DILETTANTE said:

Maybe it's the SIZE that's different -- not the popcorn. the US "large" is probably everyone else's "super family size".

Yeah a large is gonna be at least a gallon, great for sharing if you're with like 6 people.

I like movie popcorn, but I never add any butter or other toppings, and usually we get the smallest bucket/bag.

Also, Target sells bags of popcorn and a 16 oz soda for only $1 so it's hard not to get that when I have a lot of shopping to get done!

indra said:

I don't go out to movies now, but years ago -- I'm talking 25, maybe more -- a few of us went out to a little neighborhood movie theatre. We decided to get their largest size popcorn and share it as we figured it would cost less that way. When we placed out order at the concession counter the girl asked "Are you sure you want that size?" and pointed to the largest damned popcorn bucket I have ever seen. It had to have held close to five gallons! :ohmy:

We ended up ordering a bucket a couple of sizes down.

OMG!!! :shocked: See that right there is just over kill!

man when the crappy theater was in town, wednesday nights was byob, and we could bring any sized bag we wanted and they filled it with popcorn for only $2!!!! so we'd bring those paper bags from the grocery store and split it. :drool:

oh, and thanks a lot everyone. you made me go buy popcorn today.

this is actually the first time i've heard popcorn used as a plural word. regardless of how big the bag is, or how much my greedy arse has eaten, i've always refered to it in the singular. maybe that is out of guilt.

ways of making popcorn more awesome..

chocolate popcorn:drool:

popcorn smuthered in butter and salt:drool:

carmel corn:drool:

popcorn added with the store bought cheddar cheese crap thing:drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: popcorn:drool: :drool: :drool:

tps- i keep watching all your drooly guys....its hypnotizing :eeklaugh:

i prefer the movie popcorn better than microwave, but now i'm regreting that :| good thing i dont go to the movies often!!

Back
Top Bottom