are guys really funnier than girls? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 01:26 AM
are guys really funnier than girls?

i'm a guy and most of my friends consider me to be a pretty funny, fun loving character. the same goes for a lot of my male friends. but i can think of very few females who most would say are 'funny' individuals.
of course i'm not saying that girls are incapable of being funny. my point is just the opposite. is my group of friends just weird or is society somehow holding women's sense of humor down?

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case
__________________

__________________
kobayashi is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,904
Local Time: 11:26 PM
yep

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________

__________________
mikal is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 05:39 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 01:26 AM
it depends on what you consider funny.
__________________
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 06:39 PM   #4
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
SkeeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 4,163
Local Time: 12:26 AM
I think you're right about buys being funnier in general
__________________
SkeeK is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 06:40 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 01:26 AM
I wouldn't agree.. but then again, it depends on what you consider funny.

I know plenty of hilarious girls and guys,
and plenty of boring ass guys and girls.
It depends. It's subjective.
__________________
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
SicilianGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Smiley Land ?
Posts: 4,462
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Nope.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without
__________________
SicilianGoddess is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 07:13 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,904
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Nope.

Sicy's an exception. Otherwise, girls aren't very funny.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________
mikal is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 08:06 PM   #8
I serve MacPhisto
 
unforgettableFOXfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,053
Local Time: 12:26 AM
I think girls hold back. Some of my female friends are incredibly funny around ppl they know, and otherwise they just kinda sit there looking pretty so that ppl only think good things about them. I guess it depends on the person.
__________________
unforgettableFOXfire is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 08:38 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
I think girls hold back. Some of my female friends are incredibly funny around ppl they know, and otherwise they just kinda sit there looking pretty so that ppl only think good things about them. I guess it depends on the person.
I'm a girl, I'm funny, and if I am not being funny at any point in time it's not because I am holding back and wanting people to think only good things about me. I could care less about that..

I think tho, sometimes, it depends on your underlying views on women and how you think they should act, or if you like and respect women.

But to ever say one sex is funnier than the other is unfair and unneccessary.
__________________
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 08:48 PM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,816
Local Time: 01:26 AM
I'm hilarious.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."
__________________
Bonochick is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:03 PM   #11
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
SkeeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 4,163
Local Time: 12:26 AM
I don't think it's unfair or unnecessary, but from what i've seen guys are much more willing to make asses of themselves. I don't think any girls should take offense because those of the opposite sex are idiotically funny more. And that's not to say at all that girls aren't funny, many are really hilarious and make great jokes.. just what I said, guys seem to make asses of themselves and that can be funny.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-05-2001).]
__________________
SkeeK is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:04 PM   #12
War Child
 
baker6621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Earth, why have borders?
Posts: 594
Local Time: 05:26 AM
I'm supposedly very funny but there aren't that many girls that I know who are very funny. I mean, yeah, it's always the guy who has to be funny...lol...
__________________
baker6621 is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:10 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeK:
I don't think it's unfair or unnecessary, but from what i've seen guys are much more willing to make asses of themselves. I don't think any girls should take offense because those of the opposite sex are idiotically funny more. And that's not to say at all that girls aren't funny, many are really hilarious and make great jokes.. just what I said, guys seem to make asses of themselves and that can be funny.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-05-2001).]
Good point, Skeek!

Then perhaps the question should be,
"Who is more willing to be an ass in public?
Men or Women?"

I think being an ass, and being funny can be one and the same, or truly opposite. In bars, I don't think drunk asinine guys are funny at all - their friends do, but I don't.

But it all boils down to what you consider funny - and the type if humour involved. When I see blanket statements like "guys are funnier than girls" I can't help but take offense.
__________________
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:12 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
SicilianGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Smiley Land ?
Posts: 4,462
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Sicy's an exception. Otherwise, girls aren't very funny.


Usually I dont even care if I make an ass of myself.



------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without
__________________
SicilianGoddess is offline  
Old 11-05-2001, 09:21 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Good point, Skeek!

Then perhaps the question should be,
"Who is more willing to be an ass in public?
Men or Women?"

I think being an ass, and being funny can be one and the same, or truly opposite. In bars, I don't think drunk asinine guys are funny at all - their friends do, but I don't.

But it all boils down to what you consider funny - and the type if humour involved. When I see blanket statements like "guys are funnier than girls" I can't help but take offense.
I guess I asked the question in the sense that guys are more in the middle of conversations. More willing to toss in a joke. Quicker to break the ice when things are uncomfortable. I didn't mean for anyone to take offense to the question as I personally don't believe it.
What prompted me to ask it is that throughout my life males have been known more for there sense of humor.

------------------
always wear your safety belt
__________________

__________________
kobayashi is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com