are guys really funnier than girls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i'm a guy and most of my friends consider me to be a pretty funny, fun loving character. the same goes for a lot of my male friends. but i can think of very few females who most would say are 'funny' individuals.
of course i'm not saying that girls are incapable of being funny. my point is just the opposite. is my group of friends just weird or is society somehow holding women's sense of humor down?

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I think you're right about buys being funnier in general

I wouldn't agree.. but then again, it depends on what you consider funny.

I know plenty of hilarious girls and guys,
and plenty of boring ass guys and girls.
It depends. It's subjective.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Nope.

Sicy's an exception. Otherwise, girls aren't very funny.
wink.gif

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I think girls hold back. Some of my female friends are incredibly funny around ppl they know, and otherwise they just kinda sit there looking pretty so that ppl only think good things about them. I guess it depends on the person.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
I think girls hold back. Some of my female friends are incredibly funny around ppl they know, and otherwise they just kinda sit there looking pretty so that ppl only think good things about them. I guess it depends on the person.

I'm a girl, I'm funny, and if I am not being funny at any point in time it's not because I am holding back and wanting people to think only good things about me. I could care less about that..

I think tho, sometimes, it depends on your underlying views on women and how you think they should act, or if you like and respect women.

But to ever say one sex is funnier than the other is unfair and unneccessary.

I'm hilarious.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I don't think it's unfair or unnecessary, but from what i've seen guys are much more willing to make asses of themselves. I don't think any girls should take offense because those of the opposite sex are idiotically funny more. And that's not to say at all that girls aren't funny, many are really hilarious and make great jokes.. just what I said, guys seem to make asses of themselves and that can be funny.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-05-2001).]

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I don't think it's unfair or unnecessary, but from what i've seen guys are much more willing to make asses of themselves. I don't think any girls should take offense because those of the opposite sex are idiotically funny more. And that's not to say at all that girls aren't funny, many are really hilarious and make great jokes.. just what I said, guys seem to make asses of themselves and that can be funny.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-05-2001).]

Good point, Skeek!

Then perhaps the question should be,
"Who is more willing to be an ass in public?
Men or Women?"

I think being an ass, and being funny can be one and the same, or truly opposite. In bars, I don't think drunk asinine guys are funny at all - their friends do, but I don't.

But it all boils down to what you consider funny - and the type if humour involved. When I see blanket statements like "guys are funnier than girls" I can't help but take offense.
smile.gif

Originally posted by mikal:
Sicy's an exception. Otherwise, girls aren't very funny.
wink.gif

icon42.gif

Usually I dont even care if I make an ass of myself.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Good point, Skeek!

Then perhaps the question should be,
"Who is more willing to be an ass in public?
Men or Women?"

I think being an ass, and being funny can be one and the same, or truly opposite. In bars, I don't think drunk asinine guys are funny at all - their friends do, but I don't.

But it all boils down to what you consider funny - and the type if humour involved. When I see blanket statements like "guys are funnier than girls" I can't help but take offense.
smile.gif

I guess I asked the question in the sense that guys are more in the middle of conversations. More willing to toss in a joke. Quicker to break the ice when things are uncomfortable. I didn't mean for anyone to take offense to the question as I personally don't believe it.
What prompted me to ask it is that throughout my life males have been known more for there sense of humor.

------------------
always wear your safety belt

I'm funny as hell. Just ask my friends.

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

I don't think people who are making an ass out of themselves are funny (in- and outside this board). In general I think men are funnier than women. I have never seen a funny female commedian (sp??).

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I think its funny that so many people think themselves funny. Doesnt finding yourself funny rule out the true funniness?

I have no idea what Amanda just said, but I agree with her!
icon14.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I laugh at both guys and girls

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Generally I DO think guys tend to be funnier than girls. They are just the more laughable of the 2 genders.
tongue.gif

But there are exceptions of course. Lucy was funnier than just about anybody. And - good lord - you dont even want to be in the vicinity when my 2 goofball friends Emily and Kathy are with me! I wish i could post some of the letters we've sent to each other over the years. You would absolutely die from laughter,and,if you didnt, youd most certainly lock us up!!!! They are 2 of the most genuinely FUNNY people i have ever met. And i can hold my own quite nicely with them, thank you very much!
wink.gif

Around this site, most of the girls and the guys are hilarious! I do think the guys have the Edge though (so to speak...).
We ought to have some sort of competition...Interference guys vs girls, who tickles more funny bones???
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Funny girls:
that brunette in Seinfeld
French & Saunders
Anne Bancroft
Sandra Bullock
Meg Ryan (she's just cute, actually)
'Willow' from Buffy

foray

Aw.. com'n ladies... you know men are funnier, especially when they try to pick up on the opposite sex, when they don't really have a clue...

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

Back
Top Bottom