arctic monkeys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmjhitman said:

i love the whole bss cd, it's no 'you forgot it in people' but i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 'it's all gonna break', 'ibi dreams of pavement', 'windsurfing nation', 'swimmers' and 'hotel'.

did you get the 'ep to be you and me' with the fast version of 'major label debut'?

I didn't pick up that one, in fact this was my first BSS record, downloaded mostly from seeing how much people like you and Zoomerang lauded them. I suppose I really ought to snag You Forget It In People, because the consensus seems to be that it is their best.

I really enjoyed the self titled. In fact, I haven't had an oppurtunity to listen to Arctic Monkeys because I've been listening to BSS.

inmyplace13 said:

In fact, I haven't had an oppurtunity to listen to Arctic Monkeys because I've been listening to BSS.
awesome.

i wouldn't even bother with the artic monkeys if i were you. booooooooring.

if you want to hear some older bss stuff, let me know your addy and i can send you an email with some goodies.

Sly Stallone said:

I said Arctic Monkeys suck, and i meant it.

They're possibly one of the most over-rated bands ever, but I have a copy of their album and it's alright - It's alot better than I thought it would be.

It's just that their SO overplayed, and just stupid things like NME nominating their frontman Alex as Coolest Person Of The Year (or some similar stupid award) that puts me off them a bit.

I was watching the NME live tour and the Arctic Monkeys were one of the live bands, and they're actually pretty good live....

So I'm quite undecided as to whether I like 'em or not.

lmjhitman said:

awesome.

i wouldn't even bother with the artic monkeys if i were you. booooooooring.

if you want to hear some older bss stuff, let me know your addy and i can send you an email with some goodies.

Yeah I'm one track in now and this sucks so far.

I just downloaded You Forgot It In People so I'll check that out and if I find I'm really getting into em, maybe I could have you send me those goodies?

Last edited:
i usually avoid threads like this one, and listening to a few songs was a nice reminder of why. :|

I've been hearing people falling all over themselves with praise for this band. For me that usually means I'm not gonna like 'em.

But tonight they were on SNL so I decided to give them a try...and you know what?

I'm officially a fuddy-duddy, because I do not get the big deal at all. I didn't find anything special about them at all. Ah well, yet another band I can safely ignore. :wink:

Sly Stallone said:

I don´t think the dance remark was to me, if thats what you think.

But it goes without saying, that i´m the best dancer in the world.

Apologies to 1stepcloser then.

Sly, will you teach me how to dance?

Back
Top Bottom