Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a heads up for Arcade Fire folks...I just saw on another site that Ryan Adams interviews Arcade Fire in the new issue of Interview magazine (pages 98-101 ). I subscribe and just got that issue in the mail but haven't had a chance to look for myself yet.

Arcade Fire's coming to Seattle!!!!

I heard nothing about this until I picked up the local free weekly rag this morning. Tickets went on sale on Friday - thank god there were still tickets left!

Looks like it's all General Admission, but I'll suck it up to see them again!

Arcade Fire! LCD Soundsystem! Plus special guests! September 24th!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm so glad I picked up the Seattle Weekly today ... otherwise I probably would have missed my chance!

corianderstem said:

Arcade Fire! LCD Soundsystem! Plus special guests! September 24th!

:mad: ARGH...I iz jealous...

Oh well, Arcade Fire/The National was pretty damn cool too. We all need our turn eventually. :)

I know ... I'm always happy to see a concert with a $40 price. Then I always forget I end up paying about $50. :grumpy:

Is anyone going to the Arcade Fire Red Rocks show? I'm flying in from Boston and would love to meet up with people. I've always wanted to go to Red Rocks ever since a certain band played there.:wink:

augh! im hella jealous of all y'all going to see af/lcd soundsystem. the nearest show to me will be nyc. still considering trekking out to one of these shows . . . .

Too bad, Arcade Fire > White Stripes live. Totally not based on actual observation because i haven't seen Jack and Meg live, but still

The White Stripes show I went to was amazing and so was Arcade Fire. (both in Montreal)

I don't know which one was better, all I know is that they both put on incredible shows. At the end of the day all I care about is if I was entertained or not.

Just found a bunch of early AF demos from around 2001-2002, very interesting stuff. It's up on Demonoid if you want to torrent it.

And is their b-side "Brazil" from the "Cold Wind" single a cover? I could've sworn I've heard it before.

the foo fighters cover was fantastic........well done!

cant wait for arcade fire and lcd soundsystem outdoors in nyc

i saw them in early spring this year at brixton, at the time when neon bible had barely come out, which meant i did not quite enjoy songs like 'keep the car running', 'no cars go', 'my body is a cage' as much because they were all still relatively new songs to me

the thing about them is you need to hear their songs about 3 times to 'get', and up to the time i saw them at brixton i only heard tracks to neon bible once

although i was in tears for songs such as rebellion - lies, and 'wake up' :sad:

This is somewhat random, but does anyone know if there is a specific story behind "In the Backseat"? I have been wondering about this for quite some time.

Arcade Fire
Opening acts: The Gossips and LCD Soundsystem
Seattle, Washington
Hec Edmundson Arena, University of Washington (basketball arena)
9/24/2007

Wow, what a performance! Arcade Fire put on one helluva show tonight. Spirit was in the house!

Setlist, as best as I can tell from my notes scribbled in the darkened arena:

1. Black Mirror
2. Keep The Car Running
3. Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
4. No Cars Go
5. Haiti
6. A new song that we didn't recognize, with Regina taking the lead
7. Neon Bible (short version)
8. Black Waves/Bad Vibrations
9. Intervention
10. (Antichrist Television Blues)
11. Well & The Lighthouse
12. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
13. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
14. Rebellion (Lies)

Encore:
15. Headlights Look Like Diamonds (from the EP)
16. Wake Up

(Did I forget a song before Wake Up?)

So I got there a little bit after 7, and The Gossips, a 3-piece band, came out on stage and started chatting with the crowd (I didn't know who the heck it was talking to us, some woman, I thought she was just making announcements) and then launched into their set. I'd never heard of them and didn't even realize they were on the ticket. Corianderstem arrived a few songs into their short set. The band wasn't bad, but I won't rush out to buy their CDs either.

LCD Soundsystem was next. I'd read last week in the Seattle P-I that Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem are huge fans of each other. LCD put on a good set, with a few songs I knew, a few songs I didn't. One or two of the songs were boring, but overall I was impressed. A few songs in, Win, Regine and one other member of Arcade Fire came out and helped out on North American Scum (Win played the drums and sang backup). LCD also played All My Friends, Someone Great, and a song that I'd have to call Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah, Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah (that song was pretty redundant). They closed with New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down.

This was my first time seeing Arcade Fire live, and it was a total thrill. I like U2 better historically, but Arcade Fire is my favorite band of the moment, and it's such a treat to see them perform at this early stage of their career. I love how much passion they put into their performance -- they really bring it. I can only imagine how big they'll be five or 10 years from now.

No Cars Go is my favorite song, and it was visually stunning. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the wall behind the band was turned into a giant screen with black and white images of what seemed like zombie-like faces in a movie theater or other some audience setting, hands covering their cheeks with a terrified look in their eyes. Well, it was much like this YouTube video of the song from Europe this summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjo6dh36lk0

At the end of Antichrist, Win and Regine both ended up in the crowd. Nice touch. During Well & The Lighthouse, the screen showed a closeup of Regine banging happily away on the drums -- I liked that shot.

Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) transitioning into Rebellion (Lies) was perhaps the highlight of the set -- a very high-energy performance. The crowd went nuts. Near the end of Rebellion, one of the percussionists grabbed a medium-sized drum and climbed halfway up the lighting scaffolding, drumming along the way, to the delight of the crowd. And of course Wake Up was amazing.

Cori said I should mention that she was dancing waving her arms around like an idiot, but in fact she dances really well and with a ton of enthusiasm! Unfortunately, I dance like a white guy. <grin> But I had a lot of fun too.

I think Arcade Fire played from around 9:30 or 9:40 to 11:00 or 11:10.

I wish they'd played Windowsill and My Body Is A Cage, two of my other favorites, but I went away very pleased with the show. My ears are still ringing. I hope I have full hearing tomorrow. <wink>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom