Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd narc out the smoker, too. Someone sparking up any kind of cigarette at an indoor theater is a big ol' buttmunch. This ain't no nightclub (or CBGB's!).

Do any of you around here post over at Us Kids Know? I just was checking out the site and posted my little tale of the show.

I feel I may be out of my depths, however. They all seem to be quite, um, indie.

corianderstem said:

Do any of you around here post over at Us Kids Know? I just was checking out the site and posted my little tale of the show.

I feel I may be out of my depths, however. They all seem to be quite, um, indie.

I've posted there a couple of times and I know that Canadiens does as well.

My first ever post was when NB leaked and someone had asked what people on the Internets were saying about it. So, naturally, I posted a link of this thread!

I used my second post to say I thought Jeff Buckley's "Grace" was overrated.

I'm expecting to go down in a massive fury of flames any minute now.

corianderstem said:
I'd narc out the smoker, too. Someone sparking up any kind of cigarette at an indoor theater is a big ol' buttmunch. This ain't no nightclub (or CBGB's!).

This ain't no foolin' around :tsk:

I think I joined Us Kids Know awhile back. I have a few shows that I think I got there, but I haven't visited the site in a long time. This place feels too much like home for me to bother much with other bands' message boards.

I'm hoping to find links to Arcade Fire bootlegs. Gotta find some! Can't get enough Arcade Fire this week! :drool:

I lurk at Us Kids Know but dont post. Its very good for show downloads and the like.

Seeing my name there is also bono_man, I think I would be laughed at....I wish I could change my name here too and keep the amount of posts!! :(

They have lots of bootlegs in the Live Recordings forum. Although I dont know whats good and what isnt really.

I downloaded a one called 'TT Bears' which is pretty good. Nice sound and a good setlist about the time Funeral was released.

I also accidently downloaded the entire video of Coachella thinking it was an audio! Its fantastic! I really want the audio however...

Yeah, I saw that Live Recordings forum - I'll have to check that out! But I'm in the same boat. I want to just download stuff that's good quality. Maybe just one or two shows, to have some live versions for my iPod.

And yeah - I did notice it's not the best place to announce yourself as a U2 fan. :wink:

martha said:
I narced out to dope smoker next to me. He came late, and then lit up next to my 14-year-old nephew (who's really really bugged by that sort of shit). Plus, there are no smoking signs all over the outdoor arena, PLUS there was no smoking allowed ANYWHERE because the Greek Theatre almost burned down when Griffith Park was on fire. Plus, do the rules not apply to him? Jerk. :tsk:

:lol:

When I saw Coldplay, my wife and I yelled at these kids in front of us who started smoking up... I felt so old but seriously, who somkes up at a Coldplay concert? :huh:

It seemed like it took them a few songs to really get warmed up and firing on all cylinders. Win forgot the 2nd verse to Keep the Car Running. Black Mirror was a bit anemic. It wasn't until Regine took over on Haiti that they really kicked it into high gear. Win's stage presence didn't really come through strong until about 1/4 way into the show. He came off really "small" and quiet in the beginning.

I know I've knocked Regine for her singing before, but she was just amazing! She's such a great, natural performer. When she was in front, she really stole the show.

They did this really funny "The Price Is Right" bit right before the Well and the Lighthouse, with Regine feigning to start the song and the rest of the band playing sound effects from The Price Is Right. Then Win said, "When you're a moderately sucessful rock band you get all kinds of perks--like being able to go and see The Price Is Right!"

I meant to take a pen and paper in with me, but I forgot. I tried really hard to remember the setlist and then scribbled it down in my car, so to the best of my recollection, here it is:

May 30th, The Greek Theater, Los Angeles

Keep The Car Running
Black Mirror
No Cars Go
Haiti
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Cold Wind
My Body Is A Cage
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Ocean Of Noise
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
Windowsill
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies) :drool: :combust:
----------------------------Encore Break

The Well And The Lighthouse
Wake Up

Last edited:
I can't imagine Wake Up finishing a concert... I know they've been doing it but I never saw the performance... Maybe it's a good ending song, but right now that's not how I see it...

Wake Up was a good ending, but the Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -segue into- Rebellion (Lies) to finish the main set was just PHENOMENAL!!! They really would've blown everyone's socks off if they'd ended it with Power Out/Rebellion. The crowd was just off the charts after the Rebellion ending.

:yes:

And on a personal note, I screamed so loud when I heard the first notes of Rebellion after the segueway that the people in front of me jumped and people in the rows in front of me turned around backwards to look at the madman losing his mind!!!! :hyper:

I joined Us Kids Know, which Neon Bible tour recordings are good?

(s/n: Agent Michael Scarn)

FitzChivalry said:
Wake Up was a good ending, but the Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -segue into- Rebellion (Lies) to finish the main set was just PHENOMENAL!!!

I third that. :drool:

And I also agree that Regine was really impressive. Her vocals have kind of put me off on the albums, and I didn't care for the live version of In the Backseat, but there was another song she sang (must have been Haiti, right?) where I had a "Holy shit, that girl can sing!" moment.

FitzChivalry said:
It seemed like it took them a few songs to really get warmed up and firing on all cylinders. Win forgot the 2nd verse to Keep the Car Running. Black Mirror was a bit anemic. It wasn't until Regine took over on Haiti that they really kicked it into high gear. Win's stage presence didn't really come through strong until about 1/4 way into the show. He came off really "small" and quiet in the beginning.

I know I've knocked Regine for her singing before, but she was just amazing! She's such a great, natural performer. When she was in front, she really stole the show.

They did this really funny "The Price Is Right" bit right before the Well and the Lighthouse, with Regine feigning to start the song and the rest of the band playing sound effects from The Price Is Right. Then Win said, "When you're a moderately sucessful rock band you get all kinds of perks--like being able to go and see The Price Is Right!"

Agree that it took them awhile to get going last night. Something was a bit off. Things were a lot smoother the previous night. The Greek is a difficult venue to play. There are all types of regulations with regards to how loud bands can play due to the surrounding homes. Last month in San Diego, it was about twice as loud. I love being under the stars, but the Greek Theatre kind of sucks that way.

Altogether, another great, great show. I just love their energy and sound. And there's so much to watch on stage. In San Diego, I couldn't take my eyes of Regine, but the past two nights I've loved watching Sarah.

The Price is Right Thing was funny. Richard and someone else had gone to the show earlier in the day and Richard still had his name (Price) tag on. At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....that's when the band came back onstage and started playing The Price is Right theme music with someone shouting,
"Win Butler, come on down!!!"

Westport said:

The Price is Right Thing was funny. Richard and someone else had gone to the show earlier in the day and Richard still had his name (Price) tag on. At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....that's when the band came back onstage and started playing The Price is Right theme music with someone shouting,
"Win Butler, come on down!!!"

SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.

i wish i was there! arcade fire AND price is right, two of my great loves. i totally want to see that episode now, to see if i can spot richard in the audience. he managed to catch one of bob barker's very last shows, lucky man!

Westport said:
There are all types of regulations with regards to how loud bands can play due to the surrounding homes. Last month in San Diego, it was about twice as loud. I love being under the stars, but the Greek Theatre kind of sucks that way.

Well, maybe because I've been to so many concerts and now I'm older and actually consider my hearing, but I didn't really mind that it wasn't extra loud. It was loud enough. I could hear everything just fine.

And I LOVE The Greek. It's one of my favorite venues. It's just so damn gorgeous and cool. :yes:

At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....

So that's what everyone was looking at. It was so dark in the audience I couldn't see from where I was standing. I just saw everyone craning their necks to the middle of the amphitheater and I was like, "What? What? What's going on?"

:reject:

:banghead:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I joined Us Kids Know, which Neon Bible tour recordings are good?

(s/n: Agent Michael Scarn)

Ive been looking and looking! Im sure out there somewhere is a audio of Coachella...that would be fabulous.

Anyone???

They did record a show for radio during the pre-Neon Bible tour. Its in New York. Sound is good but its all on one track and not too much is played from Funeral.

I downloaded a Manchester show that is pretty good quality. Thats about it though.

Coachella audio anyone?????????????????

bono_man said:
They did record a show for radio during the pre-Neon Bible tour. Its in New York. Sound is good but its all on one track and not too much is played from Funeral.

Yeah, it was on NPR, I think. I downloaded it and it sounded good, but for some reason, it wouldn't burn to disc.

I'm not a fan of stuff like that that's one long track anyway. Hmph.

:grumpy:

Yeah I think it was early day in terms of their song arrangements for the Neon Bible stuff. Im sure a good quality recording of the shows they are doing now would be great.

Like....Coachella!!! :|

Back
Top Bottom