Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
Just got back from the show.

They're fucking great, I loved it. I think they might be playing again tomorrow, and if so, I might go.

they are playing tomorrow, its sold out though, so good luck with tickets

corianderstem said:

Hey, thanks for the tip! I just bought my ticket for the post-concert shindig. Yay!
Ahhh man I wish they had an official afterparty benefit thing more often :( I would have loved to schmooze with the likes of Mountain Man Win Butler and the Great Tim Kingsbury.

As far as them not playing Wake Up every show - I think it's cool. Imagine if U2 didn't play Streets every show - when they did play it it would be even more special :love:

Anyway, live, for me, Tunnels is as good or even better than Wake Up. What a climax that song has :sad:

saw them last night...pretty baller show. the best part was definitely Power Out into Rebellion (Lies)...so awesome :drool: Intervention and Neighborhood #1 are really good live too. I would have preferred Wake Up or Windowsill to Ocean of Noise or In the Backseat but I don't care all that much.

the thing they did during My Body is a Cage was :huh:

they had this cardboard cutout of Win Butler on stage with no face and then they projected his singing face onto it. really strange but awesome

next time i see AF I'd love to be up in the very front. my seats were pretty mediocre...but it was a small venue so no biggie.

Awwww yeah, that was an awesome show. I don't know the names of all the songs (bad fan, I know; but I did recognize all but one), so I can't do the setlist. But I can tell you they did every song I wanted to hear, including Wake Up. Yay!

My favorite part of the show was the end of the main set, when they slammed into Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) and then segued into Rebellion (Lies). Then the encore was My Body Is a Cage and a full-band non-audience involving Wake Up.

So, so good!

The after-show benefit shindig was really weird, with these bizarro acts. One involved a Moby lookalike playing strange sounding songs on a guitar while three women did weird interpretive dance behind him ... and ended with them all jumping around on stage doing jumping jacks and screaming their fool heads off. Oh, and at one point the three women put empty plastic bread bags on their hands and shook them around. Um. Yeah.

We did get one free drink with price of admission, and the only option was a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Hey, if it was good enough for my grandpa, it was good enough for me.

But the good news is that my $15 party ticket was well spent, for I got to talk to Win, Regine and Marika. I was in right spot to be able to see them all as they came in, and said "Hey, great show" to Regine and one of the other members whose name I didn't know.

Then they came out of their little room and stood right by me, so I got to say the same to Win and tell him how pleased I was that they played Wake Up. He was very pleasant to talk to. I would have talked more, but I couldn't think of anything else to say and didn't want to monopolize him from all the little indie hipster kids hanging around.

I approached Regine with some inane comment about her singing. She was very nice, but seemed a little shy. Then I struck up a conversation with Marika, who was a lot easier to talk to, and we had a nice conversation about the Pacific Northwest.

Win told me he hoped they'd play Seattle in the fall, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. And gosh, that Win Butler is tall.

Ahhh, good times. I love a good concert.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
But the good news is that my $15 party ticket was well spent, for I got to talk to Win, Regine and Marika. I was in right spot to be able to see them all as they came in, and said "Hey, great show" to Regine and one of the other members whose name I didn't know.

Then they came out of their little room and stood right by me, so I got to say the same to Win and tell him how pleased I was that they played Wake Up. He was very pleasant to talk to. I would have talked more, but I couldn't think of anything else to say and didn't want to monopolize him from all the little indie hipster kids hanging around.

I approached Regine with some inane comment about her singing. She was very nice, but seemed a little shy. Then I struck up a conversation with Marika, who was a lot easier to talk to, and we had a nice conversation about the Pacific Northwest.

:bow: :faint: :bow:

Best AF fan experience yet!

I think LanceMC submitted one, but it wasn't accepted. :(

A review from me would read something like this:

"They played Intervention, and omigod it was awesome! Is that a real pipe organ on stage, or are the pipes just for show? Then they played No Cars Go, and that was awesome, too! Then they played Wake Up and I just about peed my pants. Whee!"

:wink:

I guess that should be obvious. Thank god I didn't ask one of them about the "pipe organ" last night and humiliate myself. :reject:

Why is it that I can't find a Portland setlist anywhere on the net yet?

My faith in the internets is fading fast. :sad:

corianderstem said:
Why is it that I can't find a Portland setlist anywhere on the net yet?

My faith in the internets is fading fast. :sad:

Setlist:

Keep The Car Running
No Cars Go
Haiti
Laika
Black Mirror
In the Backseat
Neon Bible
Distortions (Clinic cover)
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Well and the Lighthouse
Tunnels
Intervention
Ocean of Noise
Power Out
Rebellion

My Body is a Cage
Wake Up

;)

Thank you!

I think just Distortions, Well and the Lighthouse and Ocean of Noise were the only ones I didn't immediately know.

Last night was great! They opened with Black Mirror, and then No Cars Go, which I liked better live. As a matter of fact, all the NB songs were better live than on the album.

(At least I think those wwere the opening songs. :shrug: I was going to be sure to remember.)

The transition from Power Out to Rebellion/Lies was great.

Electrelane was ok. The music was good, but the singer needs a few lessons on how to sing.

I narced out to dope smoker next to me. He came late, and then lit up next to my 14-year-old nephew (who's really really bugged by that sort of shit). Plus, there are no smoking signs all over the outdoor arena, PLUS there was no smoking allowed ANYWHERE because the Greek Theatre almost burned down when Griffith Park was on fire. Plus, do the rules not apply to him? Jerk. :tsk:

originally posted by martha
I can't decide whether to go to one of the LA dates or not. I'm not in love with Neon Bible and the NPR show I downloaded was little...slow...and...unexciting.:reject:

Last night was great! They opened with Black Mirror, and then No Cars Go, which I liked better live. As a matter of fact, all the NB songs were better live than on the album.

(At least I think those were the opening songs. I was going to be sure to remember.)

The transition from Power Out to Rebellion/Lies was great.

doooooooo it.

It was a great show!

Thank you. This was a very helpful post.

(Unusual for Interference. :D )

I was wondering if you were going to like it or not. I'm glad you did!

Oh, and you're welcome:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom