Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright guys. What an awesome show tonight! Despite the fact I'm a writer by trade, reviews are not my forté so I won't even try.

Here's the setlist:

Keep the Car Running
No Cars Go
Haiti
Neighbourhood # 2(Laika)
Black Waves/Bad Vibrations
My Body is a Cage
Intervention
The Well and the Lighthouse
Ocean of Noise
Neighbourhood # 1 (Tunnels)
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Neighbourhhod # 3(Power Out)
Rebellion(Lies)

Encore:

Black Mirror
Crown of Love
Wake Up

Mike I saw you tonight. I was in the front row, dead centre. You were three or four rows behind me, to my left.

I was standing right next to that man that had the sign asking for a drumstick. Win really lost it on him and the funny part is that he didn't understand one word of what Win said! He was asking me in French: "What did he say, what did he say?" I was like: "Um, I think he's angry with you. You should put that sign away!"

My friend and I were cracking up!

Anyway, Mike I would have said hello but I didn't want to lose my spot!

And Lance, I'm sorry to tell you that Regine was looking at me tonight. She smiled and winked at me the first time I yelled "I Love You!". And during Wake Up it seemed like she was staring at me and I just waved and she smiled.

I'm probably just being delusional. Or, she could know me by now as the crazy guy who's been yelling "I Love You" to her the last three times they've played Montreal!:wink:

But I've also developed a soft spot for Sarah too.
Wow she was good tonight!

Pictures to follow.

Bwhaha I met Win.

He said something about a free gig in Montreal in August, then South America in the fall.

Glad you were on the floor, I thought you had grandstand tix!

There were two tour busses out behind the venue with some metal barricades. Win slipped out the doors away from the barricades but we spotted him.

It was cool - humble nice people talking to a humble nice singer.

EDIT : but yeah FUCKING BEST WEEKEND EVER

Last edited:
/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130439.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130440.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130441.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130444.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130445.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130451.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130446.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130453.JPG

/Volumes/Untitled/DCIM/100OLYMP/P5130454.JPG

By the way Mike, I don't know what the setlist was last night( I wanted to be surprised tonight) but I received a copy of the setlist and they were supposed to play the French Eurovision cover song that you wanted: Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son.

It's really too bad. I wanted to hear it too but they changed it to the Crown of Love at the last moment.

Did they wrap the setlists in water bottles and hurl them at people as they did on Saturday? That was hilarious :lol:

Canadiens1160 said:
Bwhaha I met Win.

He said something about a free gig in Montreal in August, then South America in the fall.

A Montreal show in August!! I will be in Montreal this August!! It might be my only chance to see them!

Can you elaborate any further??

You just made my little heart skip a beat!

:drool:

15 MAY, MASSEY HALL TORONTO

black mirror
keep the car running
antichrist tv blues
no cars go
haiti
laika
intervention
in the back seat neon bible
my body is a cage
window sill
the well
pwer out
rebellion
-----
ocean of noise
tunnels
i.t.b.s.

Amazing show.

Oh my god, I just got a ticket to Arcade Fire in Portland!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I randomly happened to check Ticketmaster, and there were tickets available! I'm in row AA, but who cares - I'm going!

I'll have to spring for a hotel, but who cares - I'm going!!!!!!!

:rockon:

although i long to see them. i have to say i think id be slightly sad if they didnt play wake up.

16 May - Massey Hall Toronto

black mirror
no cars go
laika
haiti
black wave
my body is a cage
neon bible
window sill
the well
crown of love
ocean of noise
antichrist tv blues
power out
rebellion
---
keep the car running
intervention
tunnels

:hmm: - no Wake Up for Toronto.

annie_vox said:
I bought tickets today:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: July 3th I can't wait!!!!

One of the 17 European festivals they are playing, but hopefully you'll be able to get up close.

just saw them tonight in chicago, it was incredible

Win's voice was in good shape, the band was great and energetic, the setlist was great, it was really perfect

corianderstem said:
Oh my god, I just got a ticket to Arcade Fire in Portland!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

In that case, maybe check this out in Portland (for $15), from the AF site:
"Arcade Fire is throwing an after-party to their upcoming show at the Schnitzer that will be a benefit for Sojourn Theatre. The party will take place at Outlaws where Arcade Fire will DJ and a wide assortment of locals will perform: trapeze artists, contortionists, ladies dancing on bikes (guess who!), surprise musicians, and many more special guests. "

No spoken words said:
I think I'm going to go on EBay and get tickets for tonight's show in Chicago.

In DC, after the box office opened (day of show), they had a ticket drop for some great seats. Not sure if the other venues did.

ntalwar said:

In DC, after the box office opened (day of show), they had a ticket drop for some great seats. Not sure if the other venues did.

Thanks....I actually went ahead and bought 2 tickets already, hopefully will get them e-mailed (ticketfast) to me soon.

Bought 2 tickets, so, if anyone lives in the area and wants to go, let me know! Would rather it go to an interlander than someone that does not want to go or a total stranger or to waste......I just moved here 2 weeks ago and know like 4 people, and so far all I can get them to do with me is go to Cubs games (going again tomorrow!). :)

here's the setlist to last nights show

1 Black Mirror
2 Keep The Car Running
3 Antichrist Television Blues
4 No Cars Go
5 Haiti
6 Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)
7 Intervention
8 Neon Bible
9 My Body Is A Cage
10 Windowsill
11 The Well And The Lighthouse
12 Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
13 Rebellion (Lies)

ENCORE I:
14 Ocean Of Noise
15 Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)

ENCORE II:
16 In The Backseat

In the Backseat is my least favourite arcade fire show. I would hate to go to a show and not get wake up.

thetitans2k said:
In the Backseat is my least favourite arcade fire show. I would hate to go to a show and not get wake up.

really? I think its one of their best songs, and certainly Regine's best moment with the band. I thought it was a perfect way to end the show

I like wake up a lot, but that show didn't need it to be great

ntalwar said:
In that case, maybe check this out in Portland (for $15), from the AF site:
"Arcade Fire is throwing an after-party to their upcoming show at the Schnitzer that will be a benefit for Sojourn Theatre. The party will take place at Outlaws where Arcade Fire will DJ and a wide assortment of locals will perform: trapeze artists, contortionists, ladies dancing on bikes (guess who!), surprise musicians, and many more special guests.

Hey, thanks for the tip! I just bought my ticket for the post-concert shindig. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom