Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before I die, does anyone know how to get the individual tracks off of the site?

I want to mix this bad boy myself.

Very cool! The 2, 3, & 6 combo is pretty interesting...I've never noticed Win's drowning-like gasp at the end before! This reminds me of something I do with my mp3 player sometimes--I pull the earphone jack slightly out to hear the different tracks. I'm a little odd. :wink: In Rainbows sounds amazing that way. The guitar track on Bodysnatchers. :drool: It's a layer of goodness that's not really evident on the full-blown version.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Before I die, does anyone know how to get the individual tracks off of the site?

I want to mix this bad boy myself.

You could stream each track into an mp3 recorder, like this one:
http://www.roemersoftware.com/#Free-Sound-Recorder

I saw them at both Sydney shows. They were amazing. I have seen such a great audience from a band connection since U2. They just had so much energy onstage, especially the first show.

We got great setlists too! They opened with Wake Up like on the Funeral tour which was just brilliant. Amazing, amazing live band - I have fallen in love. :heart:

Apparently JJJ recorded the 2nd show for Live at the Wireless and JTV so we should get some interesting things in coming months.

corianderstem said:
I miss them. :( I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a new album?

I think it'll be a while, album-wise. Still rumours of a full Canadian tour this spring, however! (That statement probably doesn't need an exclamation point if you're non-Canadian.) :wink:

I post this every six months or so, even though it's from 2005: http://www.fabchannel.com/the_arcade_fire_concert It's one of the greatest AF things I've seen. :drool:

corianderstem said:
Somehow I'm managed to not see that link until now. Nice!

Glad to be of assistance! That whole site is very under-the-radar...there's a pretty great Bloc Party show there, as well.

BonoManiac said:
I'm curious to know if any Australians saw them on their recent tour Down Under and what they thought of the show.

I saw Arcade Fire at the Melbourne Big Day Out, and to be honest I didn't think their show worked in the big outdoor setting and in the blaring sunlight. I'd still love to see them play their own gig, but that particular set was a big disappointment.

ARCADE FIRE MEMBERS TO PLAY FREE SHOWS IN OHIO

Win Butler, Will Butler, Regine Chassagne and Jeremy Gara of the Arcade
Fire will be playing a free concert on Sunday, March 2nd at Stuart's Opera
House in Nelsonville, Ohio in support of Barack Obama's bid for the
Democratic nomination. The show is at 7 p.m., first come first serve.

They will also be playing a free show at the Beachland Ballroom in
Cleveland on Monday, March 3rd. Doors are at 7 p.m., and the show is 18
and over, first come first serve.

Though the Arcade Fire is known as a Canadian band, Win and Will were born and raised in the U.S. (and spent their formative years in Texas), Regine is a dual citizen whose dad served in Vietnam, and Jeremy Gara is just a really nice Canadian who likes playing music and is sick of explaining to Americans what universal health care means.

Heading to Cleveland in a bit for show. Had a friend who went yesterday. She said it was incredible! Because there were those who couldn't get in to the small venue, they actually played two shows both lasting a little over an hour.

Some songs they played last night included:

Intervention
Keep The Car Running
Heroes (Bowie)
Change is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)
Rebellion
Power Out
Wake up
Just Gimme Some Truth (Lennon)

Last edited:
The Neon Bible tour is officially over, by the way. I'd imagine the band will take the rest of the year off and then start recording the next record.

See you all for a tour in 2010 most likely :up: I was fortunate enough to see them four times :drool:

What an event last night in Cleveland! Arcade Fire played beautifully and passionately. They played to a room of about 500. The first show was incredible but I felt the second one had a different, crazier, better energy. The band had a possessed look in their eyes as they belted out the seven songs.

Two highlights for me were when, during Rebellion (Lies), Win brought his mic stand into the center of the crowd and sang while the crowd jumped, danced around him. The second highlight was when they played Wake Up, acoustic and sang through megaphones without any microphones.

Show 1:
Heroes [Bowie]
Intervention
Gimme Some Truth [Lennon]
No Cars Go
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies)
Wake Up
-----
Change Is Gonna Come [Cooke]

Show 2:
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Gimme Some Change [Lennon]
Change Is Gonna Come [Cooke]
Rebellion (Lies)
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
-----
Wake Up

Last edited:
This thread needs to be revived. What better way then sharing your own Arcade Fire mixes? I'll start:

1. Wake Up
2. Keep the Car Running
3. Headlights Look Like Diamonds
4. (Antichrist Television Blues)
5. Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son
6. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
7. Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
8. I'm Sleeping in a Submarine
9. My Body Is a Cage
10. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
11. Intervention
12. Black Mirror
13. Brazil
14. Ocean of Noise
15. Haiti
16. Rebellion (Lies)
17. The Woodlands National Anthem
18. No Cars Go

Maybe it ain't the best thing to do since there's only a few albums, b-sides, and an EP to choose from, but I enjoyed making mine.

as if these guys put out an album last year and toured and I didn't see them. I need to see them some time.

Back
Top Bottom