Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:
@ ntalwar: it was just security personnel, but I actually got pulled away. No threats or anything, just a "come with me" :ohmy:

Interesting. I won't ask what you were taping with, but most tapers hide the mics under clothes (for future reference :wink:).

BonoManiac said:

True, but didn't they play some songs twice?

I didn't see duplicates on the ten or so setlists I looked at.

ntalwar said:
I didn't see duplicates on the ten or so setlists I looked at.

Sorry I was mistaken. They played 11 O'Clock twice during the Boy tour.

But I looked at some setlists from October's first leg and many were between 13-14 songs. On the second leg the setlists got longer and ranged between 14 and 18.

ntalwar said:

Interesting. I won't ask what you were taping with, but most tapers hide the mics under clothes (for future reference :wink:).

Just to let you know, I was taping with a small (no larger than your hand) digital handicam. And, of course, I get pulled aside while all of those taping with cell phones, smoking pot, and smuggling in alcohol get left alone. :wink:

If I were to add 4 or 5 songs to the setlist I got in DC I'd could stand hearing something like this:

Black Mirror
No Cars Go
Laiki
Haiti
Black Wave/ Bad Vibratioins
Neon Bible
Headlights Look Like Diamonds
Windowsill
The Well and the Lighthouse
Ocean of Noise
Une Annee Sans Lumiere
Tunnels
Power Out
Rebellion (Lies)
Keep The Car Running
------------------
My Body is a Cage
Intervention
Antichrist Television Blues
Wake Up

:combust:

But I actually prefer the shorter setlist. They don't lose any momentum at all the entire way. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Just to let you know, I was taping with a small (no larger than your hand) digital handicam. And, of course, I get pulled aside while all of those taping with cell phones, smoking pot, and smuggling in alcohol get left alone. :wink:

where exactly did you end up standing in the room? My best friend was at the same show and he ended up at the front of the balcony. You might have seen him.

Lancemc said:

where exactly did you end up standing in the room? My best friend was at the same show and he ended up at the front of the balcony. You might have seen him.

I was in row G and ended up at, roughly, row FF. God bless Win. :yes:

LemonMelon said:

I can relate - with a DSLR, I was getting attention too. I guess the videotapers I saw were also using the video feature of the cell phone or compact digital camera without a hassle.

So Arcade Fire has a six-and-a-half minute B-side that could have made the album but was presumably cut at the last moment.

Better yet, there are people that are saying that it should have made the album.

This sounds all to familiar. Where have I heard about this before?

:hmm:

I've got the Broken Window mp3 if anyone wants it. I've had it for awhile but neglected to say anything.

Both of you bitches have got mail.

Now each of you give the link to two friends, who will then each give the link to two of their friends.

"How is this not a pyramid scheme?"

You last two cats have mail, and hell, this is worth a shot.

There's a little website called www.send space.com, without the space between the two words, of course.

Sometimes people put /file/ after the address, then put in some combination of 6 random letters and numbers.

"I find that many times, people inspect 3 of these links before they attempt to put the pieces together."

:sexywink:

That sentence made no sense.

Oh I am so envious reading everyone's stories about seeing AF!!!!

I am beside myself that I'm too busy to see them in Chicago (at the gorgeous Chicago Theater!), but encouraged about the report that Win said see you soon at the DC show! God I hope hope hope they come back later in the year!!!!

And I would be so grateful if someone would send me some broken window too!
edit: oops...never mind...it's on iTunes!
cheers all...

edit edit: and it's fucking excellent!
:love:

edit edit edit: I think it's a perfect b-side to keep the car running...it's really got a similar feel in a weird way. And it doesn't fit on the album as it stands I think...it covers the same ideas sorta but keep the car running does it in a better way for that group of songs.
I like the pitchfork media review phrase of "tantric existentialism":lol:

Last edited:
Got back about an hour ago from tonight's show at the United Palace.

Setlist:
Keep The Car Running
No Cars Go
Haiti
Black Mirror
Laika
In The Backseat
My Body Is A Cage
The Well And The Lighthouse
Ocean of Noise
ATB
Power Out
Rebellion

Encore:
Intervention
Wake Up (with 50-100 audience members onstage, at Win's urging)

OMG!! Fabulous, just fabulous! Great energy! And CRAZY (good) end. If you'd told me before today that chubby, quiet, 45 year old me would be rushing the stage with 50-100 people and jumping up and down with the Arcade Fire, I'd have laughed and thought you insane.

After tonight though, not anymore! :D

Back
Top Bottom