Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #166
Refugee

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Last night. I was there. They played Rebellion (Lies).

I left the ground.

I can pass on now in peace.

:Pray:
My favourite!!! I hope they play it here too... I think I'm going to cry...

Old 05-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:20 AM
It seemed like it took them a few songs to really get warmed up and firing on all cylinders. Win forgot the 2nd verse to Keep the Car Running. Black Mirror was a bit anemic. It wasn't until Regine took over on Haiti that they really kicked it into high gear. Win's stage presence didn't really come through strong until about 1/4 way into the show. He came off really "small" and quiet in the beginning.

I know I've knocked Regine for her singing before, but she was just amazing! She's such a great, natural performer. When she was in front, she really stole the show.

They did this really funny "The Price Is Right" bit right before the Well and the Lighthouse, with Regine feigning to start the song and the rest of the band playing sound effects from The Price Is Right. Then Win said, "When you're a moderately sucessful rock band you get all kinds of perks--like being able to go and see The Price Is Right!"

I meant to take a pen and paper in with me, but I forgot. I tried really hard to remember the setlist and then scribbled it down in my car, so to the best of my recollection, here it is:

May 30th, The Greek Theater, Los Angeles

Keep The Car Running
Black Mirror
No Cars Go
Haiti
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Cold Wind
My Body Is A Cage
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
Ocean Of Noise
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
Windowsill
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies)
----------------------------Encore Break

The Well And The Lighthouse
Wake Up

Old 05-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #168
Refugee

I can't imagine Wake Up finishing a concert... I know they've been doing it but I never saw the performance... Maybe it's a good ending song, but right now that's not how I see it...
Old 05-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wake Up was a good ending, but the Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -segue into- Rebellion (Lies) to finish the main set was just PHENOMENAL!!! They really would've blown everyone's socks off if they'd ended it with Power Out/Rebellion. The crowd was just off the charts after the Rebellion ending.

And on a personal note, I screamed so loud when I heard the first notes of Rebellion after the segueway that the people in front of me jumped and people in the rows in front of me turned around backwards to look at the madman losing his mind!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #170
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:20 AM
I joined Us Kids Know, which Neon Bible tour recordings are good?

(s/n: Agent Michael Scarn)
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #171
She's the One

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
the Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -segue into- Rebellion (Lies) to finish the main set was just PHENOMENAL!!!
I agree!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:21 PM   #172
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Wake Up was a good ending, but the Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -segue into- Rebellion (Lies) to finish the main set was just PHENOMENAL!!!
I third that.

And I also agree that Regine was really impressive. Her vocals have kind of put me off on the albums, and I didn't care for the live version of In the Backseat, but there was another song she sang (must have been Haiti, right?) where I had a "Holy shit, that girl can sing!" moment.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 PM   #173
Refugee

Quote:
It seemed like it took them a few songs to really get warmed up and firing on all cylinders. Win forgot the 2nd verse to Keep the Car Running. Black Mirror was a bit anemic. It wasn't until Regine took over on Haiti that they really kicked it into high gear. Win's stage presence didn't really come through strong until about 1/4 way into the show. He came off really "small" and quiet in the beginning.

I know I've knocked Regine for her singing before, but she was just amazing! She's such a great, natural performer. When she was in front, she really stole the show.

They did this really funny "The Price Is Right" bit right before the Well and the Lighthouse, with Regine feigning to start the song and the rest of the band playing sound effects from The Price Is Right. Then Win said, "When you're a moderately sucessful rock band you get all kinds of perks--like being able to go and see The Price Is Right!"

Agree that it took them awhile to get going last night. Something was a bit off. Things were a lot smoother the previous night. The Greek is a difficult venue to play. There are all types of regulations with regards to how loud bands can play due to the surrounding homes. Last month in San Diego, it was about twice as loud. I love being under the stars, but the Greek Theatre kind of sucks that way.

Altogether, another great, great show. I just love their energy and sound. And there's so much to watch on stage. In San Diego, I couldn't take my eyes of Regine, but the past two nights I've loved watching Sarah.

The Price is Right Thing was funny. Richard and someone else had gone to the show earlier in the day and Richard still had his name (Price) tag on. At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....that's when the band came back onstage and started playing The Price is Right theme music with someone shouting,
"Win Butler, come on down!!!"
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM   #174
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Westport

The Price is Right Thing was funny. Richard and someone else had gone to the show earlier in the day and Richard still had his name (Price) tag on. At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....that's when the band came back onstage and started playing The Price is Right theme music with someone shouting,
"Win Butler, come on down!!!"
SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.

i wish i was there! arcade fire AND price is right, two of my great loves. i totally want to see that episode now, to see if i can spot richard in the audience. he managed to catch one of bob barker's very last shows, lucky man!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Westport

There are all types of regulations with regards to how loud bands can play due to the surrounding homes. Last month in San Diego, it was about twice as loud. I love being under the stars, but the Greek Theatre kind of sucks that way.
Well, maybe because I've been to so many concerts and now I'm older and actually consider my hearing, but I didn't really mind that it wasn't extra loud. It was loud enough. I could hear everything just fine.

And I LOVE The Greek. It's one of my favorite venues. It's just so damn gorgeous and cool.

Quote:
At the end of the main set, instead of going backstage, Win jumped off the stage and walked up the center aisle of the stage and just kept on going...touching hands with the audience, to the top of the orchestra, and then just kept going to the very top of the Greek where the benches and trees are....
So that's what everyone was looking at. It was so dark in the audience I couldn't see from where I was standing. I just saw everyone craning their necks to the middle of the amphitheater and I was like, "What? What? What's going on?"

Old 05-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #176
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I joined Us Kids Know, which Neon Bible tour recordings are good?

(s/n: Agent Michael Scarn)
Ive been looking and looking! Im sure out there somewhere is a audio of Coachella...that would be fabulous.

Anyone???

They did record a show for radio during the pre-Neon Bible tour. Its in New York. Sound is good but its all on one track and not too much is played from Funeral.

I downloaded a Manchester show that is pretty good quality. Thats about it though.

Coachella audio anyone?????????????????
Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #177
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man
They did record a show for radio during the pre-Neon Bible tour. Its in New York. Sound is good but its all on one track and not too much is played from Funeral.
Yeah, it was on NPR, I think. I downloaded it and it sounded good, but for some reason, it wouldn't burn to disc.

I'm not a fan of stuff like that that's one long track anyway. Hmph.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #178
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man

I wasn't impressed by that show at all.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #179
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I downloaded it and it sounded good, but for some reason, it wouldn't burn to disc.
I got my download into Itunes and burned it.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #180
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Yeah I think it was early day in terms of their song arrangements for the Neon Bible stuff. Im sure a good quality recording of the shows they are doing now would be great.

Like....Coachella!!!

Tags
arcade fire