Arcade Fire Neon Bible Tour Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
The girl in the audience at the beginning going "oh my goddd" is so cuet.

srsly. i know alot of folks complain about crowd chatter/noise on bootleg audio/videos, but the people freaking out in these vids really added to them and i think helped to convey some of the excitement of being there. i know i would have basically PISSED myself if i got to witness this show firsthand.

I love how you can hear their excitement. That totally would have been me, too. :lol:

I loved loved LOVED Keep the Car Running. That was so cool.

Very cool...

Springsteen-Arcade Fire Collaboration Sparked by Spin Interview

Find out how the Boss met Win Butler and set the wheels in motion for their onstage jam last night in Ottawa.

Last night's surprise appearance by Arcade Fire's Win Butler and Regine Chassagne onstage during the Bruce Springsteen concert in Ottawa -- jamming on the Boss' own "State Trooper" and Arcade Fire's "Keep the Car Running" -- was no surprise to Spin. Springsteen and Butler hooked up last week in New Jersey at a shoot for the December cover, and they sat down for a joint interview with deputy editor Steve Kandell.

"Bruce invited them to play in Jersey, but Win and Regine had to get back to Montreal," says Kandell. "They were hoping Ottawa would work out, and it clearly did."

The December issue of Spin hits newsstands Nov. 27.

I just saw them live for the first time...in a Big Top tent with 10,000 other people and it was just amazing I was in the front row and they were so good...it was unbelievable

And I got one of Richard's smashed drumsticks :hyper:

Someone elsewhere online just posted that Arcade Fire will be on Austin City Limits next Saturday, November 10th.

Frickin' WHOOT! :rockon:

Ok, I just watched the Bruce/Arcade Fire videos....watching "Keep the Car Running", the combo of my loving that song, loving Bruce and the unbridled joy of the people shooting the video put a wide smile on my face. I love little moments like that.

Don't forget Arcade Fire's ACL taping is airing Saturday on your local PBS affiliate.

I just got myself some tickets for one of the London shows! Yeeeessss!!!!

(to put my excitment into context, I LOVE Arcade Fire, they're my second favourite band right after U2, I am from Montreal, and I've never seen them live!)

Woooohooooo!!!:rockon:

BonoManiac said:
Impy, did you go to this show? Any chance we'll see you on TV, presumably dancing and screaming at the top of your lungs? :wink:

Unfortunately I didn't see their taping. When the ACL Festival is going on, the artists who are taping for the show usually do theirs on the day they aren't performing in the afternoon. I was in the eight-ish row for their transcendent festival set on Saturday night, but I didn't get a chance to get a pass for their taping Friday afternoon on the other side of the city.

ACL is taped in the Comm building on campus, literally two blocks from my apartment (it's at 26th and Guadalupe, I'm at 26th and Salado). I went to my first taping a couple weeks ago, so when John Mayer's ACL airs in December, I'll probably be shown. I've figured out the tricks to getting passes for the tapings. That studio only holds about 300 people, most of whom are corporate sponsors and the like. I'll be going to a lot more in the future if I play my cards right, but unfortunately I wasn't good enough to get passes for the Wilco or Arcade Fire tapings. Man I wish.

But I feel lucky that I've been able to see Arcade Fire this year at all, let alone from the eighth row, so I'm not complaining.

oceane said:
I just got myself some tickets for one of the London shows! Yeeeessss!!!!

(to put my excitment into context, I LOVE Arcade Fire, they're my second favourite band right after U2, I am from Montreal, and I've never seen them live!)

Woooohooooo!!!:rockon:

Woo-hoo!! Félicitations!

You'll love the show!

Okay, I'm confused. The link above says Arcade Fire on 11/10, but my local listings say Wilco. :(

I wouldn't mind watching Wilco either, but maybe we're a week behind way up here in the upper left corner of the US. WhatEVER, Seattle PBS station!

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=72

"Showing this week on most stations: Wilco."

But then beneath that it lists Arcade Fire on 11/10. WTF?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom