Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this album a lot more than Funeral. Some very, very good songs on it. Doubt it'll be one of my favourites but I was really impressed. :up:

phanan said:

It really will be something if Arcade Fire debuts at #1 on Billboard.

Yeah, but for as indietastic as the Shins are, they debuted at number 2 without a big backlash I believe.

Maybe it will work out like that?

Well I finally got Neon Bible yesterday...the first listen through I wasn't blown away, but I think it's starting to hit me now. I don't know if I'll end up liking this album more than Funeral, but there is something very big about it. Love Intervention, Black Wave/Bad Vibrations, The Well and the Lighthouse, and No Cars Go...oh what a great rerecording :drool: might be the best AF song, period. imagine if U2 did that with Mercy!!

My Body is a Cage is pretty amazing as well...very powerful closer. Really there's not a weak track on this album, I just need to listen to it more to give it time to sink in.

I'm glad I have tickets to see them :up:

It took me a while, but I really, really got into (Antichrist Television Blues). I've listened to it about 20 times in the past 2 days.

inmyplace13 said:
Best Buy FTW! Just got the Deluxe Neon Bible (11.99 this week) and Borat on DVD for a paltry 28 dollars.

lol, i did the same thing (well, almost, went w/the non-deluxe version, less so because the extra $2 would break the bank, more because im ocd and the packaging wouldn't fit w/the rest of my cd collection) best day for new releases in a long time, wawaweewa!!

Q

LemonMacPhisto said:
It took me a while, but I really, really got into (Antichrist Television Blues). I've listened to it about 20 times in the past 2 days.

I couldn't shake the feeling that this was a reincarnation of a Bruce song, somewhere around "Nebraska", so I'm listenting to the Boss' acoustic masterpiece, and there are definitely striking similarities (to me at least) between "State Trooper", "Open All Night" and "(Antichrist Television Blues)".

I swear it reminds me of another Bruce song, but I can't pin it down. Errrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: This is going to bug me all night long!

Re: Q

FitzChivalry said:

I couldn't shake the feeling that this was a reincarnation of a Bruce song, somewhere around "Nebraska", so I'm listenting to the Boss' acoustic masterpiece, and there are definitely striking similarities (to me at least) between "State Trooper", "Open All Night" and "(Antichrist Television Blues)".

I swear it reminds me of another Bruce song, but I can't pin it down. Errrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: This is going to bug me all night long!

I :heart: (Antichrist Television Blues)

:drool:

I need to buy this today. *procrastinator*

ATB is just great. Regine's vocal solo is amazing, and Win's cooing vocals speaking to the little girl are really well done.

If any of you are attending an AF concert, and wish to write a formal review of the show (that will be sent directly to the band and its camp), please email me! :heart:

martha said:
So I'm lazy. So why aren't these dummies playing LA and only San Diego and Berekely? Or Berkley? Or Berkeley? Or however the hell it's spelled.

It's Berkeley :wink: I bought the special addition. It's ehhhh for me. I have to give it a few more listens.

Yeah, I must say it's soooooo nice to finally listen to a high quality copy of the album. It's almost like listening to it for the first time again. :drool:

is it better than the flac that has been available for download on the net for a while now?

- or the 320 kbps mp3s?

downloaded this album tuesday and can't stop playin it!:drool: might be goin to see them at brixton academy on wednesday

For all those complaining that the band aren't coming to an arena near you take heart: I have a very good feeling that they will be adding more legs to the world tour. By the end of the summer things should be clearer but I think they'll swing by Europe one more time then come back to North America and quite possibly some shows in Asia and/or Down Under.

From what I've been reading they will be on the road for at least a year.

Neon Bible is amazing! :drool: It makes me so sad though that they won't be coming to Miami.
I really hope that you're right BonoManiac about them coming back around to North America...I really want to see them live!

okay this album has definitely grown on me... i'm in love now. the whole thing is just extraordinary. as an album, I think it's much stronger than Funeral.

I can't decide if it's album of the year or not though...I love Bloc Party so much, and Wilco's Sky Blue Sky is so fantastic...I love 2007 :drool:

I wouldn't say Antichrist Television Blues is my favourite, but it has grown on me. It reminds me of Bright Eyes a bit (Let's Not Shit Ourselves, for example).

I maintain that No Cars Go is the best song on the album and possibly the best Arcade Fire song period. But I love every single track! I really love the title track. it's short and simple, but there is something very beautiful about it. the part where the bass kicks in is :drool:

I can't wait to see them in May!! :D

No Cars Go IS the definitive Arcade Fire song. If this band fizzles out or becomes a worldwide sensation, they will be remembered for No Cars Go.

Can I just say that Ocean of Noise is fucking insane? In a super-awesome-brain-melting-sweetness sort of way? :drool:

Lancemc said:
Can I just say that Ocean of Noise is fucking insane? In a super-awesome-brain-melting-sweetness sort of way? :drool:

OMG!! I agree 100%!

When the horns come in I freaking die and go to heaven! :drool:

Anyone else loving Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations? There is something about that song that I can't get enough of.

I'm starting to think that this album might be better than Funeral.

its really a joy to see all this excitement from the people that didnt listen to the leak.

yes, neon bible is definitely a wonderful album.

I didn't read through all 14 pages, so I don't know if someone already asked this, but . . . .

Does anyone know AF's rationale behind re-recording "No Cars Go" and then placing it on NB, when it was already released on the Arcade Fire (EP)?

I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom